You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Karabasan...or Not?

Real Ghost Stories

Karabasan...or Not?

 

First of all, I would like to apologize, if my English is not as good as yours. I am a Turkish woman, who was born in Switzerland. So English is not my first or even second language, but somewhere between third and fourth. And sadly, I cannot correct it to 100%. I am sorry for this.

The story I am about to tell you started about 9 years ago, when I was 15 years old. Like nearly every teenager I went to school. To get to my school, I had a five minutes walk to the bus stop, and a 15 minutes bus ride, after that again a 10 minutes walk, to get to the building.

On a sunny day, me and some other girls from my class decided to wear that day white clothes. (We were quite a mix in our small group: 2 Turkish, 1 Tamil, 1 Russian and two Kosova-Albanish girls.) We were all white clad, and a Tamil friend of mine even asked, why we were in white in the first place. In their culture, when someone was buried/or burned, the friends and relatives wore all white. Of course, there was no one dead. We just thought, that white is the color of innocence...

So this was the background for my story... If anyone would ask me, why I would wear on that special day all white...

It was a Tuesday. Our last lesson was English until 11:55 AM (lunchtime). When we were able to get out of school before 12 o'clock, we would be able to reach the school bus and would be home a bit earlier than usual. However, this time, I did not reach it because the five minutes were too short. So I had to take normal bus (the part I told you above: 10 minutes walk - 15 minutes bus - 5 minutes home walk).

When I came home, I found it very strange that our apartment was so very silent. I took very slow steps into my home, with the thought that something bad had happened, or worse, it was being a burglar! But all worry left me when I reached the living room. Normally, though, my mother would watch at this time of the day some Turkish TV Series, but that was not the case that day.

My elder sister, she was then about 22 years old, sat silently beside my younger sister, who was, at that time 12-13 years young. G (younger sister) sat in between the two elders and looked a bit pale. I asked them what happened. I automatically thought my grandmother died, who had back then some health problems. However, I did not expect my mother to get angry with me. She stood up, stood in front of me and eyed me from my head to my feet. She asked me how I did it. I understood absolutely nothing and asked her what she meant. And she pointed to my younger sister, who looked at me curiously, while being held by our oldest.

Then I told my mother, I did nothing today. "In case you forgot, I had school today and came back right now. So please, calm down and tell me, what happened." Then my younger sister told what she saw 15 minutes ago. She stood in the kitchen and checked the refrigerator for something cold to drink. Beside the kitchen, was the dinner table, which was ready. My older sister just came home and went straight into her bedroom, while my mother was also in her bedroom, folding some laundry. And my bedroom was right on the other side of the kitchen. So when my sister looked into the refrigerator, she saw just me, how "I" went into my bedroom, without giving a tone. And the funny part: "I" was completely in black.

My sister just greeted "me" and "I" just told her to "Shut the fu** up". My sister was annoyed and told everyone, that I was home, so we could start eating. My mother, whose bedroom was beside the entrance door, said that she did not hear me coming. (In summertime, our entrance door is widely open, since we had a kind of balcony from which we could enter our apartment.) But my sister had insisted that I was home. She even told her, that I was being mean. So my mother thought that she simply did not hear me and called for everyone to come and eat.

When I did not come to the table, my mother thought that my sister imagined me. However, she stood up to check on me. She went straight to my bedroom to see, that I was not there. Normally, when I came home from school, I would throw my bag on my bed. This was not the case this time. And the bed was very "newly made". My mother asked G again, but she insisted that it was me who came home a few minutes prior.

Of course, at that time I was in the bus and I always had about 30 minutes to get home. So, to be at home before 12:25 was not possible, if I did not catch the school bus. And even with that bus, I would be home at about 12:20. But not earlier...

I also thought that she imagined me. But it slightly unsettled me. My room was always a bit darker than the other ones, even though it had the same size of windows, like my mother's and my younger sister's. Even the direction they looked was the same! My room was always cold. But I never thought that there might be something out of the ordinary. Just a stupid room with a bad floor heating.

But after that day things began to happen. Mostly in my room. I would wake up in the middle of the night because I was shaking. Or being shaken? This I do not remember exactly... But it always stopped when I was clear. On some nights I would freeze and wake up, only to find my blanket UNDER my bed! I would try to pull, but it did not move. Only when I stood up and went to switch on the lights. After that, I could take the blanket.

Sometimes I would hear how someone would whisper my name right by my ear or knockings on the wall. I always thought that it was being my younger sister to annoy me. So I knocked back to the wall to keep her quiet. And after a few nights she would ask me why I would knock on the walls. Of course, we discussed it and found it strange. But we thought maybe it was our neighbours. They were sometimes crazy... The whisperings I thought were my imagination or even a dream.

After that, my light bulbs would burst when I switched the lights on. After three months and about 13 bulbs later, my mother called for an electrician. He said everything was alright with the cables but the bulbs continued to burst. My mother just thought that I would push the switch a bit too hard.

And to be honest, I was scared a bit back then. I was tired in school. I was aggressive against everyone, even my family. I would shut myself in my bedroom after school and do nothing. Literally. This went on for a few years. Until I was 20. I finished school, finished my apprenticeship, even though it should have been only 3 years, it took me, because of my very bad luck, 5 years to finish it.

To be Continued...

Other hauntings by Didos89

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Didos89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Didos89 (5 stories) (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-28)
Thank you for your suggestions! It is true, my life is not easy and I am always in stress. That is because I have two sick Family members whom I have to take care of and work full time... My younger sister is a great help, but she does live her life, while I am not doing that, because I can't.
And the part with the "stupid neighbours" I was a teenie back then... Every teenie talks like that.:-)
And I am working hard on myself. Trying not to think about bad things, just as you suggested. And we finally moved out from that Apartment (with the stupid neighbours, who were REALLY terrible) I was happy. I really felt free. And a few months in this home, it was good, too. But things just changed... I don't know... D:
And I am pretty sure, that I have no Paranoia, because I am the type: "I don't care about them, why would they care about me?"

I will definitely try to not think about these last 10 years anymore...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-03-28)
Griff - there's no stopping me when once I get talking 😉 May as well just step back and just let me go 😆 And to think, when I was younger, I was shy!
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-28)
Haha at Miracles51031...

We were all stood there like 'eeer...Miracles...excus...eeeerr...Miri...it's not...eeeerrrr...'

There was just no stopping you! 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-28)
Guess I should have posted the comment about "stupid neighbors" on the other story, huh? Sorry about that. I was on a roll 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-28)
Swimsinfire - I think we may be thinking alike here. Maybe LOL Negativity breeds negativity, right? All three of the o/p's stories sort of suggest, whether deliberately or even by choice, that there is a lot of negativity going on in her life, and in every home she has lived in. Now, I'm certainly not a psychologist nor anything with letters after my name 😉, just thinking out loud. But if a person is going through something that causes stress or any sort of negativity in their life and it isn't dealt with, it will affect their life. It manifests. Seen that with my own eyes.

Not only that, but it can have an affect on everyone around you. It causes paranoia, makes you become reclusive; personality change is something else that can happen. Sometimes it can happen over time and your family doesn't even see it until one day they look at you and think, "OMG what is going on?" Or, if they are very aware, they see it quickly. Unfortunately most aren't aware of what measures to take or, even worse, don't care 😢

Got a little off topic there, didn't I? 😆

Didos, my own personal opinion here is a breath of fresh air and sunshine (literally and figuratively) would go a long way. Positive thinking rather than negative thinking works. Trust me. I did an exercise in a class a couple of years ago. Made a world of difference in a very important area of my life. Instead of starting out a sentence with "my stupid neighbors", before that thought even leaves your head, eliminate "stupid". It's not necessary. It's negative. It affects your life whether your believe it does or not. It sets the tone every time you think of and see your neighbors.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-27)
This has now become my official WTF website of choice. Again with the demons already? You know, it really sounds like poltergheist activity. Someone posted a similar story on here and said she started actively doing whatever positive things she could and things got better. I think that says a lot. That and Rooks cleansing. And a little sage. Hang in there.
Didos89 (5 stories) (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-25)
basilisk193
Thank you so much for helping me! I really appreciate it!
I always feel tired and drained of energy. Actually, since I became a Teenager.
I do not remember, if I have been tired or anything when I came home that day. Only that I was very scared for my Family...
We did have a "cleansing" of sorts... The Islam way of Blessing a home and all... And that was over a half a year ago.
And even after that, there happened something more. And that was the last Thing since then. Right now, everything is good. From time to time, I still feel like I am being watched. And in this "new" home, my room is much hotter, than the others...
Maybe, it was a doppelganger back then? I used to sit sometimes in the "Verena Cannyon", which is a holy, Christian place, hidden in the hills. Full of nature, water and all. Very peaceful. I often went there...
Or was it still a demon? I don't know... D:
My only fear is, that it is going to start again. But since I read here everywhere, that These things happen, when one is in the Age of a Teenager, then it should be over now? Because I am going to be 25 in a few months!
basilisk193 (35 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-24)
Did several readings and it turns out like this:
- A doppelganger can be an astral projection of your self, in which case it copies your daily movement and action without reacting to what is going on, and seems to be one of the type of poltergeist activities associated with teenagers, like the bursting light bulbs. You should feel a bit tired and drained when ever it appears. If you were nor really sober when it appears, the doppelganger can be a bit more sentient and behave as you would if you were drunk. There are stories of powerful yoga or zen practitioners who can generate and control their doppelgangers.
- From the story, your doppelganger interacted with your sister, and if you were fully awake at that point, there is a high chance it's a different entity. You should ask your parents for a cleansing then, Rook's cleansing is a good one.
Didos89 (5 stories) (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-24)
[at] basilisk193
Thank you for the link! I appreciate any help I can get! Thank you!

[at] SilverWolf77
What exactly is a doppelganger? What do they do? Sry, I found nothing useful in the Internet... D:

[at] broiquapride
I am not sure, if I have already been possessed... There is a one year gap in my Memory... After that year, my Family told me some things like: "you've changed a lot..."
Well I've uploaded that part of my life too... It should be released here soon... D:

[at] sunny0412
Thank you so much for trying to help me!
I know not, what "it" was... Since I am a Muslima... We actually believe in "Djinns"... It could have been one, it could have been a demon, or a ghost. I honestly know not...
Karabasan = actually means something like boogey man...
I gave this title to this part of my Story, because of my blanket which was somehow under my bed.
I've asked my sister what exactly she saw... Right a few minutes ago... She said, she saw only "my right side and a bit of my back" since she wasn't paying attention and turned to look at "me" when "I" was walking away... So she did not see my face...
Here in Switzerland, it is quite difficult to research anything freely. But I will do my best.
Actually, we moved out from that appartment...
I and my Family, we became more and more scared.
Maybe, it is going to be more clear, when you can read the rest of my Story... The last time, I updated this story here, there were some Errors... I thought, I just cut it to a few parts or so...
I used to pray a lot, especially when going to bed... And actually, as a Muslima, I do not trust the Hocas/Priests, whatever...
I don't know, whom I can trust.
sunny0412 (4 posts)
-3
10 years ago (2014-03-24)
Well Didos after going through your story I researched a bit through other stories with same background. Ok now first of all What was it?
Its a demonic spirit as you said it could change its form, but I need a info that did your younger sister saw your face? Because demons are always unbrave personallity so they keep there face hidden with hair other something else.
Second What does it want?
It wants to manifest on you, as you are scared its like a fun to the spirit and the cold environment you were talking about is due to the present of this demonic spirit in this particular room only.
Thrid What to do?
I would like you to do some research on the property and search for they last onwer or any incident took in that room. And mainly don't feel scared, if you can switch room to your sister room and see if it follows you to that room. If it does, now you need to worry it has lashed itself to you and you have to get rid of it.
Go to the church talk to the priest and consult about this to your parents
broiquapride (22 posts)
-4
10 years ago (2014-03-23)
it could be a demon that has took the form of you and is waiting for you to get weaker so that it can posses you because a ghost needs energy to feed off of and before all of this from the story your family seemed like it was happy and peacefull
SilverWolf77 (1 stories) (41 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-23)
A ghostly double in German is called a doppelganger and is most likely what you're sister saw of you.
basilisk193 (35 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-23)
Sounds like a case of poltergeist activity in which the source of the problem is... You, no offense though http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2012/11/poltergeists-teen-angst-telekinesis/
It didn't really explain the ghost your family saw though, I will dig through some more documents for a proper answer.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: