You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Somewhat Intentional Exorcism?

Real Ghost Stories

Somewhat Intentional Exorcism?

 

Maybe, you should read first my other stories, before you start with this one.

I am not sure where I should start with my conclusion of these past few years. When we first moved into this home, we received a small plant as a gift from the friend of my mother. Honestly, I do dislike that woman. She is annoying and loud, selfish and careless. Anyway, that plant was something curious, something I have never seen before.

Especially when it had its growth spurts. When we received it, it was just a very small plant with a leaf of the size of my hand. After one year, the plant grew to the size of the torso of a grown man. Of course, we thought that the plant was happy in its place and was showing it by growing fast and beautifully. Then, it had even gotten some flowers! Something like that, I have never seen before!

(http://www.pic-upload.de/view-22374870/plant_with_flowers.jpg.html)

Anyone who visited would ask about that plant and its different flowers. The most curious part about it would be, that one day, the flower was there, the next day, it would die and a new flower would show itself the very next day.

Anyway, a half year ago my mother decided that we should have our home blessed from evil spirits and to pray for health. Before the women hocas came to our home to pray, my mother told me that after the blessing, something evil is going to be cast out of our home. It can be a towel or shoe. Who knew?

Would you believe me when I told you that on the blessing day, all females praised that very plant to be very beautiful and special?

And on the very next day, the plant died miserably? Would you believe me if I told you that that plant was a brown mass? My mother quickly threw it away, and the heaviness in our home was lifted. I was... Amazed, to be honest. Gone was the flower from that woman. And with that, I feel free.

Even though I still feel like I am being watched, it is still much better! But I am not sure what caused these things at all. Really, was the plant like a magnet?

There are still some open points, like the five years (when I was 15 years old until 20, until we moved here). Back then, we did not have this plant in our home. And many more things like whisperings and bangings on the walls. For this one, I am going to upload another part...

If you know, what this plant thing could be, I would be very curious to know.

Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by Didos89

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Didos89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-28)
I'm sure she has more important matters in her life than cursing you. From the sound of things, you may be cursing yourself by hanging on to so much bitterness. 😕
Didos89 (5 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-28)
valkricy
I do not think, that your logic is crazy, because I understand what you mean.
Our families know each other since about 40 years.
She is very carefree. Very annoying with her loud voice and most of the time cheerful attitude. She would cuddle anything "cute". So she is actually not a bad Person. But she is very selfish, too. I hated her the most, when my mother had a car Crash and we had to wait for that woman, to come and get me, so we could go to the Hospital. That woman came after 8 hours! And my mother broke a part in her neck, too! What if I never had the Chance to talk to her again, just because this annoying woman had to have her nap?! So my dislike for her is, as you can see, understandable. Because I will never forgive her this! She is calling herself the best friend of my mother. She is always wailing and complaining about her difficult life. My mom listens. And when my mom wants to cry out, that annoying creature just refuses "I don't want to hear anymore about the terrible lives of others! It depresses me!"
I'm getting off Topic...sry...
Well, yes, she is always touching me. Be it a pat on my arm, when she see's that I have migraine or simply to compliment me. And since it is in our culture to greet everyone with an embrace and kisses... She does touch me...
And as a personal gift? Yes. I received once a shiny wallet... Which is somewhere lost in my bedroom... Who knows, where it is D:
A small mirror from Istanbul, which is very pretty decoratet and all...
Also a Keychain from her daughter. And that should be all, at least, as far as I remember...
Do you think, she is intentionally cursing us?
Because I do not think, that she is inteligent enough for such a crime... Also she is too lazy for doing anything at all... D:
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-27)
That is really interesting about the plant and the cleansing and middle eastern things. We have things like that in America too. Like burning sage, or putting an egg in your home to absorb the bad. Do they work because we believe it, or because Spirit figures everything works together like that? So gladd you're free! Awesome stories.
Katfromthepast22 (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-27)
You should ask your mother's friend what plant it is and where she got it. It could be a magnet but it could have taken a spirit with it into your home. I'm sorry if this is not very helpful.
Katfromthepast22 (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-27)
You should ask your mother's friend what plant it is and where she got it. It could be a magnet but it could have taken a spirit with it into your home. I'm sorry if this is not very helpful. ❤
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-03-27)
Dido and Jake, reading both your comments made me think that this might be appropriate, and have something to do with Dido's experience. Hopefully I can word this in a way that makes the connection clear.
True, many cultures do view the calla lily as a 'death flower'. Ironically it is a poisonous plant if eaten raw. But generally it is the white calla that is used in both funerals and weddings as a symbol of rebirth and union. The word 'calla', itself means beautiful.
In ancient Greek and Roman mythology, the lily represented the goddess Hera, from whom it was believed the flowers came. Zeus brought his mortal son Hercules to his wife Hera to nurse from her as she slept. Zeus wanted his son to have divine powers from drinking Hera's milk, but waking quite shocked, Hera flung Hercules away from her. Her milk flew out through the universe to create the Milky Way, and a few drops fell to Earth, where beautiful white lilies sprung from the ground. Venus, the goddess of love and lust, saw the flowers and believed they rivaled her in beauty. In a fit of jealousy she made them grow a large pistil in their center.
Dido,by now, you are wondering what the heck a dusty old legend has to do with your experience. Well it is an odd connection I will admit, but try and follow my logic here (might be crazy-logic 😉.) Apparently, the giver of the plant has known the family for quite some time. But, how well do you really know this woman? Could she be a practitioner of the black arts? This is where my logic goes some where out there: let us say, she does indeed practice, and she is very jealous of you. You said you would get headaches after she complimented you. Did she touch you? Or follow with a comment such as asking if you were in some pain? Could be the power of suggestion at play there. Did she ever give you some small gift? A ribbon for your hair, a bangle... Something, that possibly introduced that negativity into your home? It could be, like Venus jealous over the beauty of a flower to the point of cursing it, she felt the same. When you move she gives you this beautiful plant. Apparently, there were things happening in your new home, "Before the women hocas came to our home to pray, my mother told me that after the blessing, something evil is going to be cast out of our home." Now, possibly you had lost the first 'cursed' item and this was a new dark entity introduced. But, what ever the case is it is gone now. 😊 AND... I could quite possibly be 100% off the mark. If any of this strikes you as true, remember that NO ONE has power over us, unless we give them that power.
Jake141 (3 stories) (27 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-27)
A lily?
In many cultures a lily is considered the plant of the dead if i'm not mistaken.
Either way, i'm glad you've sorted it all out:)
Keep us posted if anything else comes up:)
Didos89 (5 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-26)
Griff84
Well, I made the experience, that a few months after moving nothing happened. I will see, when it or they or whatever Comes back. This time, since I learned that a mobile phone works as an EVP, I will use that and ask it, what it wants... Hopefully, I won't be scared lifeless this time... D:

Valkricry
You are right, I still dislike that Person very much. I had twice a passiflora plant, which was growing beautifully. Everytime, when that woman came to us and praise that flower, the plant would slowly die within the next few days...
Everytime, when she says to me, that I am beautiful, my head would hurt within 10 minutes. This is no joke, I did not even think of it, until my mother said so. After that, I made sure to not look pretty, when she was around... But since she does have her surprise visits, which I hate... She still catches me... Her praises are killing everyone and everything! I swear! Or it is actually my Imagination... Nobody has that Kind of evil power!
Oh man, this hatred for her is pretty big, huh?:<
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-03-26)
Didos, I looked at the picture of your plant, and am pretty sure that it was/is a pink calla lily. Here, in the States (at least in Illinois) we usually only see the white variety. They are indeed a very lovely flower.
I've read your 3 other stories so far published, and can't help but wonder if perhaps the thing that bothered you, had selected it as its new hiding place. There is a belief that 'bad' entities 'feed' on our fears and negative feelings; since you really disliked the giver of this plant, I assume that whenever you looked at it (no matter how beautiful it was) this feeling of disdain stirred, feeding this negative energy that was plaguing you.
I'm glad you now feel free.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-26)
Hi Didos89, reading your posts is like watching a trilogy of movies, although I was unaware another post was coming, I wanted to know what was happening next.

I am glad the blessing worked, and you now feel free after the plant was thrown away.

I enjoyed reading your experiences, thanks 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: