You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Intense Dark Shadow Attacked Me

Real Ghost Stories

Intense Dark Shadow Attacked Me

 

So I am writing down my story to get some feedback and possibly advice if you can about this encounter with a dark ghost.

A week ago, I was sleeping in my bed, and all of a sudden, I woke up. When turning myself back to the wall, there was a very very dark shadow, darker than the obscurity itself, that was standing at my bed. There was absolutely no light in the room, curtains were very closed, and still I was seeing this thing. It was very very close. The thing just kept staring at me. I was absolutely freaked out and very soon realized I couldn't move my body, nor scream. I could only blink very difficultly and this thing kept staring at me. This aproximately lasted for a minute or so. I was very awake (after researching intinsively the web, I come across sleep paralysis phenomena. Problem: I was very awake, I can recall every second of this). So, back to the story.

Intense Dark Shadow Attacked Me 1

Intense Dark Shadow Attacked Me 2

The dark shadow appeared more opaque, thicker and I could now see that it was gazing at my eyes and I felt fear and evil. I could only blink and felt very weak. Then, and this did happen too, (meaning I was not dreaming), I felt as if I was choking. It still stared at me while I was feeling that someone, something was actually trying to strangle me. This lasted for merely a minute or so. Then, I managed somehow to close my eyes and opened them wide, still in total shock and disbelief, and it had gone. As it literally gazed into my eyes and and was standing by my side, I got a very close look at its appearence. Malish, infinite darkness, eyes included with yellow bright contours, young, I would say in its 30-40 and all darker than obscurity besides its eyes contours. I don't recall more of its head and torso (remember it was standing next to me in my bed). It felt very agressive, and inspired intensive fear and hate.

I then switched up the light, shaking and barely slept (with lights on). It happened a week ago. For four days, I slept with the light on, and still with the being of feeling watched. This is something I can still not forget.

Yesterday, a friend was staying at my place and snapped a picture of himself in the same room before taking a nap. I had gone to the grocery store so I was not myself present when he did take the picture. I had told him the story. There is a black shadow standing behind the table. I can post it here if there is an option? Or in the forum? Besides the original picture I have, I looked with different filters with my iphone to see if this was the flash or something. With every filter, it is standing.

About my background, I myself had one lucid dream encounter with a deceased one, but never ever seen a ghost. English too is not my main labguage so I am sorry for the mistakes, if any.

I might add that I also moved into the apartment a month ago, and nothing happened previously. This is also a place where despite the heating, I get sick (cough etc.) very easily since arriving. I don't know if this is related, but as we are talking energies, why not. Let me know what you think. Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WhatIsThis, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Martin (602 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-01-02)
Note: some photos provided by the author have been published.
WhatIsThis (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-03)
Thanks for both comments. I ve submitted the story and the picture to shadow people.org, I didn't know this site exists, great one by the way.
As for sleep paralysis, very insightful. I ve been reading about the causes. I sometimes do tarot card reading once in a while, and never in that apartment (moved a month ago). I don't think this could have triggered that. Otherwise, I am going to watch the videos. Thank you.
Zozazoth (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-03)
How about post the photo at the shadow people archives.org?
Jitow (362 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-02)
There are different opinions as to what "sleep paralysis" and what some call "old hag syndrome" really is. Most sufferers of these events form their own opinion based on their own world view and in many documented cases on what has stopped the events from ever occurring again. The medical community believes that it is an event where your body is still asleep but you are conscious and it only last for a few moments. They feel that it is a body mechanism that keeps people from throwing themselves off the bed while having vivid dream. Mine must be defective because I have thrown myself to the floor while dreaming. One thing is for sure, those who have never experience SP but have heard of it will give you their opinion about what it could be. The Medical community makes some sense but they cannot tell us what the mechanism is nor why people have these horrific frightening visions during SP. They will readily prescribe sleeping pills of all things to people who are fearful of going to sleep. The key for you to remember here is that you are not alone, there are millions of people that suffer with SP and for those who have done the research, discovered what SP really is, and chosen the only treatment for SP that stops it cold in its tracks forever. There are some folks that have the paralysis without the entity but far more have the added terror of some freaky presence, sensed, seen or both. You have a picture of yours. Here is a website that will tell you exactly what SP is, why you are seeing these visions and the only fool proof way to stop SP right now and forever. The site contains first hand video of people who had the same event that you had and more. Their stories are identical to the one you wrote above. They tell what they did to stop it and keep it from happening again. The Website has helped untold people suffering with SP and it works every time. Doctors won't give us 100% this will. Just take a look at www.stopsleepparalysis.org
WhatIsThis (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-02)
Thanks Kubyelikus for your comment.
I wish to know what this was. As long as it doesn't come back like the other night and do not show up, I can bear it.
I ve shown the picture to a friend who is fond of photography, y et he hasn't responded. If someone can give me additional points of views, that would be great.
As for me I have been sleeping quite well. I will keep updated the story if something shows up.
Kyubelikus (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-02)
That shadow in both pictures is really unnerving to see... It's not a normal shaow caused by anything material judging from the light of both pictures. I can only advise you to be very careful... Ten mucho cuidado...
WhatIsThis (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
As well as coughs and that, on the contrary, is unnerving. Well, thanks for your feedback.
WhatIsThis (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Thank you BadJuuJuu and SDS for your thoughts.
I would like to acclare that by illness, I would feel weak in this room, meaning getting a lot of sleep after a normal 8 hour night. I don't mind that, I thought I'd share this detail, it probably doesn't have to do with the encounter.

I have sprayed sage in the room, we will see if something happens or not.
As for the pictures, I have uploaded it on photobucket.
1st picture: the original one, taken by my friend cellphone.
2d picture: auto correction by iPhone. The dark mass is clearer. In both I have outlined it and blurred the eyes for privacy reasons. I have his authorization for sharing it.

I wasn't here when the picture was taken, but this shadow can't have been put like this, since there is no window, and there was no one in the room according to my friend. What do you think? I would appreciate your comments on the pics and story for those who haven't commented yet. Thanks!

Http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/AgnesGa/library/
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Hi WhatIsThis, welcome to YGS. I go with BJJ on this one. Try to eliminate rational reasoning before taking a look at paranormal. I don't think your illness has got anything to do with your experience. And I have also had sleep paralysis on quite a few occasions and I have also remembered things as if I was awake. But still, please do maintain a journal of events. And as BJJ advised, try to post the photo so that we could have a chance of looking at it.

Kindly respond and keep us posted of any further developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
G'morning. The easiest way to share the picture would be to upload it to photobucket or a similar site, then post a link to it in the comments section.
The illness you mention is something to look into, and something that probably isn't paranormal. For starters, getting a check up with your doctor would be a good idea. Try to figure out if there is any underlying issue you need to be aware of. Go over the apartment, be sure there is nothing in the apartment that could be causing you to feel ill. Mold comes immediately to mind, but isn't the only environmental thing to rule out. If you have any sort of pet allergies, you could be reacting to a neighbor's pet. Only you are aware of the area, so you will have to rule out physical possibilities.
For what it's worth, the few times I've had sleep paralysis, I can remember every detail as if I had been wide awake. The reason is because during sleep paralysis the mind has begun waking up before the body. Your mind feels completely awake, although some remnants of the dream state are influencing your perception. All I'm saying is, don't throw out sleep paralysis as a possibility just yet.
The picture itself, was there anything in the room that could've cast the shadow? Depending on the time of day, locations of the windows in the house, position of light sources, etc. You may have a crazy shadow appear once a day for a short time, then not see it again until the light hits the object casting the shadow just right. As an example, every night we see shadows of what appears to be someone walking outside our door- shadows of "legs" are cast beneath our front door. It turns out its car headlights hitting our porch posts and casting the shadows. Its worth looking into the possibility of mundane causes for that shadow in the picture.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: