You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: A Scary Night

Real Ghost Stories

A Scary Night

 

This is my first story so please bear this in mind as it might sound a bit weird.

This happened last night at home 29 June 2014.

I was asleep with my kids in the room, we sleep in the same room my bed against my eldest son's bed, let's call him J, and I was lying on my back with my arm over my youngest son, let's call him B, holding my eldest's hand.

I have no idea what the time was but I awoke to the feeling of something over me on my bed, I couldn't see what this thing was.

I felt paralyzed I could not move my head to face my kids and see if they were ok and I could feel my head being held down to the left.

I was very scared and it wasn't long before J started crying and B pushed my arm off of him and sat up screaming and it was gone I could switch the light on and comfort them.

There are other things as well.

J has woken up with scratches on his face below his left eye and on his left temple, he also woke up on Sunday morning with red scratches on his back, looked like a hand with large finger spacing's as my hand if I put it on a scratching position doesn't come in contact with the marks.

This is all now happening after my niece, M (suspected of being possessed, or just a problem child? Another story totally) and nephew, E, were at my flat because it was my sister's wedding anniversary and they went out for the day, the kids were watching DVD's on the beds and she was on J's bed. I say all this is now happening because I have not had this type of thing happen before with my kids. To me yes but never where my kids are involved...

To be honest I am scared now as this is not the first time something like this has happened to my kids, but not to me and I am scared jamless.

Any advice or comments will be appreciated.

Thank you for reading my story

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, confusedandscared1985, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

confusedandscared1985 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
The word he used and gets used a lot in our house of "Sakaboela" is used when they are naughty, its an old wives tale supposedly that if kids are naughty Sakaboela comes to them and teaches them bad things and that he will "eat" the naughty kids.

It freaked me out as well when I was a child because my sister used to call sakaboela when I was naughty to get me to be good but then again we never really had any reason to misbehave but to us being naughty was taking a cookie after supper or having a late night on a school night...

I have thought of a blessing and also a cleansing but I can only do this as stated before when my parents are not in the area as they do not believe in this type of activity.

Thank you all for your comments.

I will check in again to see if any new comments have been left and also to give an update on the happenings.

At the moment all is quite but I am very aware of things now again and also some strange things are happening to me... (will have t figure out what it is before I can say what is happening)

Thank you again
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
I did some research and I found that there is an South African bird called sakabula that's black feathers are used in traditional headdresses (that's all I was able to find on it).

Sakabula = Sacaboela?

Sorry, I became a little fixated on that word.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
For some reason, Sacaboela - the name your child said- reminds me of Kokabiel,

Your son obviously has spoken to it or named it.

You stated that you are Christian- have you thought of a blessing?
TruthSeeker11 (2 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-07-02)
if you would like more help please email me at philippebosse1 [at] yahoo.com:)
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-02)
Saadahaq, not everyone uses full names online. Using initials is pretty common. It's about privacy, nothing unusual at all.
confusedandscared1985 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-02)
Thank you SDS

I will definitely try this when I can and am alone, others will think I am loosing my rocket, I felt at peace last night again but in the early hours of this morning I awoke to scratching again, but this time instead of getting all scared I just walked to where I heard it and said in a stern voice that it was not welcome in my house and it slowly stopped and I could get back to sleep.

Saadahaq
Strange that you said using my sons names as J and B sounded like a math problem, it was just an impulse to use those letters.
saadahaq (1 stories) (4 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
why did you write the names of your sons as j and b
It seemed like a maths problem...
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Hello confusedandscared1985, first of all welcome to YGS. I feel that there might be a negative spirit and because it is concerning your children, it is better to take precaution immediately. As far as your experience in sleep is concerned, I think it is sleep paralysis and because it coincided with your eldest waking up crying, you might have related it.

My suggestion would be to cleanse the house immediately. One of the experienced posters in this site, Rookdygin, has devised an excellent cleansing method. I am pasting it for you below. It has helped many and it will definitely ward off evil/negative spirits/entities. Only thing is that you should continuously do it for some time.

"Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.) "

Please keep us posted of any further information.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
confusedandscared1985 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Hi Lola1012

Thank you for the advise of burning sage it is something that I will have to do with my sister as she is also involved somehow, not sure yet how, but we have to do it when there is no one else there as my parents, whom I live with, do not believe in the paranormal.

They think that this type of thing "is all in my mind" and they don't like the idea of these things happening because they think that it is a sign of 'satanism' and think that somehow I got into it... 😕
confusedandscared1985 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Thank you Mimerkki. I am also a Christian and last night I prayed very hard and held onto my children.
Strange thing while I was praying I heard screaming and the more I prayed the warmer my flat got (it was ice cold when I got in there even though the heater had been on for over an hour) and I also started crying and having terrible cramps (normal for me when there is an undesirable presence present) but by the time I had finished praying the air was lighter and my room was warm again.
My eldest J also kept asking is "Sacaboela" was still there and if he was going to keep hurting him while he slept, I tried to be as convincing as I could and said no that he was gone and we must never call him again.

This morning when I woke up I couldn't smell burnt toast and my kids were sleeping peacefully.

I need to know how this thing found me again?
In my past I did some really bad things and I got Involved in some really bad stuff but I left that behind me, and yet I have these things follow me.

I will post other stories from my past and hopefully I can get some clarity from all this. 😕
Lola1012 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Hey I'm only beginning to understand these small rituals and customers to protect ourselves from negative entities...
One of the most common ways to do that is to burn sage in the four corners of your property it's suppose to cleanse the property. You can do it alone or have your children there but I'd recommend to have another friend there just in case your children need to be taken out the house. You can probably say a prayer and ask whatever it is to leave you and your children alone in a strong stern voice to show it you're not afraid. Hope this helps!
mimerkki (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
Hi,

I haven't been on the site long and already seen some remarkably good answers, so let's hope someone with more knowledge will answer you also. I can offer only my own perspective, so please take what you feel comfortable with and leave the rest.

Your experience (s) soud like a sleep paralysis to me. Since your children also reacted in the situation, it is a possibility, that there was a negative spirit/energy/entity in the room. You said, that someone, your niece, was perhaps affected by a negative entity somehow. In my opinion, people do not very often consider such a thing, so maybe you or your family has somekind of history with spirits and maybe you or your niece have somehow attracted attention of some negative spirit? Personally I believe, that to protect ourselves from negativity, we should live as healty lives as possible and surround ourselves with life and compassion. I don't think we are supposed to be scared long periods of time, so it's a good thing you came here for help. I am christian and feel that my faith protects me very much expecially nowadays, when I have started to really calm down and develop trust in God. Do you have any belief system? I think that most negative spirits don't like the idea of us (and maybe themselves) trusting someone and it may be a good idea to learn some prayers in case of emergency. You don't need to have great faith, sincerity and need for help is enough.

Hope you get a lot of helpful feedback,

Regards Mimerkki.

PS: I am not native in english.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: