You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Scary Experience At Tipaimukh Road

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Experience At Tipaimukh Road

 

Friends, this is my first submission to this site. I'm a doctor working as a Medical Officer at a village known as Thanlon, which is 150km from CCPur, in Manipur State. I was never a believer in paranormal activity before this encounter.

It was in early 2014 and I was assigned polling duty at Thanlon. On that day, the poll was over by 4:30 pm in the evening, and I decided to return home immediately after the polls, which required a 7 hour drive through narrow, hilly and isolated stretches of road over 150km. There were no other vehicles as it was late now. (vehicles only ply during the daytime between CCPur and Thanlon) As I had decided, we came back on my car along with three of my staffs. We were driving downhill at moderate speed of 50kmph over the newly paved Tipaimukh Road. (NH-150). At a certain spot between a village called Shejawl and Kholian, when we had just negotiated a narrow curve, our car was hit suddenly at the rear windscreen by something which I can't make out until today. The sound was so loud that we thought something was wrong with our car.

We stopped the car and got down, took our flashlights out and shine it upon the road to see any wood or stone or carcasses of animal which we might have run over. There was nothing wrong with the car too-no scar, nothing, no marks! But there was nothing, and since it was in the middle of an isolated spot through the forest, we were a bit scared now. We quickly got inside the car again and drove another 3 hours to get home. Now, I carefully examine that spot whenever I pass by that road. What can it be?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mryogi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

nui_mei (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-23)
I am also from Manipur, the things you have narrated above is quite common not in hilly areas but also in plain areas after dark.So,don't get spooked, its just normal happenings.Chills
😁 😁
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-23)
Huh, that really is a weird experience. Paranormal or otherwise. I'm not sure what to make of it though.
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-07-21)
So this sound was at the rear window of your car, while you were moving... 😕 Being freshly paved, I'd think any large obstacles (rocks, debris) had been removed, and from what you say, there weren't any large trees nearby. Now, here is where I get stymied rear windows are generally fairly far up off the ground, so I doubt that a struck animal made it. If it was the front windshield, it would be debatable, but the rear? Not very likely. Besides, wouldn't the sound then have been in the front, not the back? Or, possibly from BENEATH... Your engine isn't in the rear is it? I know some cars are built that way. So a possible engine misfire. But, I'd think if you had gotten some bad petrol, you would have experienced that sound more than once...
Definately one for the WTH file.
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-20)
I wonder what the history of that area may have been? What experiences did the other drivers have? Do you have any further details from them?
mryogi (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-20)
[at] ms- as I tell you, the road was just paved a few days ago before my encounter. And there were no big trees nearby nor threre were rocks on the road. I couldn't find an explanation for this. When I told drivers of those passenger vehicles on the road, they told me that area has strange happenings in many other forms if they happen to travel during the night. It was an isolated stretch about 5 kms with no human habitation in between. Some drivers who passed that area during the night used to hear noises as if someone was yelling at them. Now, they advised me not to travel during the night as it is not safe.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-07-18)
mryogi - the timing of your story is quite ironic. This morning on my way to work the top of my truck was hit with something that was hard enough to cause me to go, "What the heck!?" Now, considering I was on top of a hill (normal route for me) and it is lined with trees, I automatically assumed it may have been a walnut falling (or thrown/dropped by a squirrel 😆). And, seriously, this was a very hard hit. I haven't checked because I forgot about it until reading your story, but it wouldn't surprise me if there isn't a dent in the top of my truck 😉

Is there any chance this could have happened to you? I'm not familiar with the wildlife in India so I'm just taking a chance here.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-18)
I'm wondering if it could have been a night bird of some kind and it was either deflected off to where you could not see it's carcass or just managed to fly away. Do you have owls there?
mryogi (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
If it was a tree branch, it would just be there lying on the road, or there may be enough evidence on my car-scratches, marks etc or the branch may just be there lying on or by the side of the road. I swear, there wqs nothing on the road at that time. I was on the wheel with our pharmacist on the front seat near me. He said he didn't see anything on the road too...
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
It is possible that a branch fell from a nearby tree or a rock got kicked up at a strange angle. Something that large though would probably have been spotted on the road, unless it bounced hard enough to propel it off the road.

No matter what made the sound, I also would have been petrified. I am abnormally frightened by driving through rural areas at night. You have my complete sympathy, regardless of what generated the sound.

Best wishes to you!
mimerkki (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
Hello,

Have you ruled out every possible natural explanation? I have read about some really awesome debunkins here! If it's something paranormal, you could search the history of the area etc, to get some idea what it might have been. It may very well have been a chance encounter, and the guestion of what hit your car, may go unanswered. Maybe the meaning was to get you here in YGS:) Welcome to the site!

Best wishes, mimerkki.
ms_st0308 (6 stories) (66 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
I'm by no means an expert on cars, but I have had something similar happen to my car a few years ago. The car was sitting still, but was still running, when it suddenly lurched forward. It was hard that I thought someone had hit me from behind, but no one had. I, too, checked my car just to be sure nothing had hit it, but there were no marks. Not trying to make light of your story, but it may have been something to do with the engine or just your car acting up. Otherwise, I have no explanation!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: