You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Small Body, Big Soul

Real Ghost Stories

Small Body, Big Soul

 

This is a short story and definitely not scary, but I wanted to share it. I've always been a pet person and has had all sorts of pets growing up from bunnies, cats, dogs, reptiles and rodents. This story is about my bearded dragon. She was my first beardie and I loved her lots.

Some people may believe small animals don't "feel" or is "in-tuned" but I think differently. I believe animals do communicate through eyes and energy, just like plants. She was a runt and I got her from my friend's shop. I noticed she was alone in her tank and I was curious why. I was informed she was being attacked by her siblings, and her missing 2 toes and a bit of her tail gone is proof. I have never been interested in beardies before her. I pet her and she just looked at me with her little head tilted and beady eyes. I picked her up and she sat on my collar bone for half the day. Other customers thought I was wearing a brooch!

Anyway, so I wasn't leaving without her and so I left with a lizard, tank, shavings, and crickets. As she grew up I handled her a lot so she was very friendly and unafraid of human touch. Her tank was empty so I decided to make her something personal to bask on. I looked up how to make these reptile sculptures out of foam, paint and grout. I was very pleased with the result and so was she because she loved climbing on it and sleeping at the top where it was nice and close to the basking lamp. Sadly, she passed away one day on the sculpture and I buried her in the backyard, then I left the sculpture on the deck. A few days after she died, I was looking at the sculpture while missing her and feeling sad, so I took a picture of it. To my delight and surprise, I believe I caught her orb! The orb is actually the exact spot she died. I've read on orbs before and it said green orbs are healing orbs, and it was green in my picture! That gave me a sense of relief and I was no longer feeling too crappy.

*Thanks to BJJ for helping me with the picture* =)

Http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/Aveldro/media/get-attachment.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Other hauntings by notjustme

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, notjustme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fenrispro (58 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-05-18)
Me too I love animals, though parents dun allow pets after my dog passed. I saw your stories were grouped under vietnam but u move to canada? Why did the iguana pass on?
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+4
10 years ago (2014-07-24)
sorry for typos, i'm using an ipad keyboard and not so good with it. I meant * I still*
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-24)
cman710 - thanks! I know rught?! Every time I look at the picture instill feel warm inside, and I can just picture her cute little body basking there and being free.
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-23)
Wow, how sweet and beautiful. Thanks for sharing! The picture is especially nice to see!
rynne (69 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-21)
I did not know until I read your post 'notjustme' that green orbs suggest healing! Wonderful experience (I do indeed believe all living things big and small have a soul). Thanks for sharing also learned something new.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-21)
Val - Yes it's true, I often felt her love and comfort. I knew she was comfortable. I had a boy beardie too, but he's a basket-case and no way will he sit on my shoulder calmly hahaha. On summer days I used to sit out there with her in the grass and let her be bewildered by the big, big world!
I can't but feel because I buried her and even gave her a mini funeral with two little girls (lol because they enjoyed picking flowers from our garden) to place at the "grave"...it was her way of saying "thanks human! I'm good now!"
valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-21)
notjustme,
Sweet story, albeit sad. That is some green orb in your pic. No one could possible argue 'dust' or 'insect' on that one.:) Nice porch by the way!
At least your little beardie got to know love after such a rough start in life. And, I'd bet, in her own little lizardy way, she loved you too.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-18)
IzzyC - I look for forward to reading your story. Opposite of you, i've never seen one with my eyes, out of camera.
IzzyC (3 stories) (13 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-18)
I have just written out my own experience with orbs and plan to post it on Monday when the submission page goes back up. I've never caught one on camera like you have, but I see them on people and things sometimes with my eyes. Actually, I think I see them more often on animals, (and even things as small as insects), than I do on people. Probably because animals are less guarded in their emotions. Nice to hear someone else having a similar experience.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-18)
roxygirl- thank you for reading and yes, it was such an honour for me to see that. Truly humbling to see a small animal's soul like that, life is beautiful! 😁
roxygirl (7 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
Beautiful story. I too love all animals and I'm very pleased that you got closure in a very beautiful way from your believed pet. Thank you for sharing your amazing experience with us 😁
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
Mimerkki - I can respect that you can admit to being too lazy for more pets. I dislike seeing people with a bunch of animals that they do not care for. Some buy them without researching first and end up neglecting the poor thing's needs. Pets need love too! Hehehehe
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
Thank you everyone for reading and commenting.
Yes, animals do bring us so much joy and expect nothing in return! And sadly many of the wild ones are running out of places to live. Lately I've been seeing so many foxes and deer running around our streets. That breaks my heart, knowing they have lost their homes. 😢
Take care!
allisonbeckert23 (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
Thank you for sharing this! I know many people who have that erroneous belief that animals are "not all there", to try to put it kindly. All the same, it's a terrible thing to lock yourself away from the joy that their simple, pure spirits can share.
Thank you!
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
I love this. Very much.

I have always loved animals. The picture is very sweet and straightforward as well.

This is heartwarming.

Thank you and best wishes
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
Happy to help. ❤
This hits so close to home for me, I'm sitting here crying my eyes out. I'm so glad you got to see her orb, to have confirmation that she's in a happy place. I genuinely believe that our animal friends will always, even from the Other side, find ways to be there for us.
mimerkki (guest)
+3
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
Hi,

Very cute story! I like animals too, but have only one pet cause I am also a bit lazy:) When reading your story, I could practically feel your love towards your pet. I bet you see her in afterlife!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: