You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Lady On The Abandoned Road!

Real Ghost Stories

The Lady On The Abandoned Road!

 

So this incident took place in Mumbai back in 2016 when I was 16yo.

I was preparing for board exams and used to take classes for late.

Once I got very late and left the class around 10:30pm. So there were 2 routes that lead to my home, 1 was a long route that takes around 45min to reach the home and another one was a short cut but deserted after evening. As I was already late and hungry, I decided to take the short cut. (Biggest mistake.)

On that route, I had to cross a railway track and then walk around 2km to reach my home while also crossing a deserted hospital on the way.

Weather was pleasant that day and I was in a good mood when I plugged my earphone on and started walking.

Everything was normal until I reach near that hospital.

When I reached there, suddenly the wind was cold and I had a goosebumps. It was strange because in Mumbai we always have humidity.

However, I kept walking when I felt like someone is walking behind me. I turned around but no-one was there. I continue to walk when I saw in some distant there was a woman in saree (Indian tradition cloth of a woman) that seemed like my neighbour aunt. I was relieved thinking that now I don't have to walk alone on that creepy road.

I shouted, calling her name but there was no response so I started to walk faster towards her but however couldn't get closer to her, so I started to literally run towards her still calling her name and she was still walking in a normal speed but somehow the distance between us kept unchanged. I couldn't understand what was happening so I stopped and tried to figure out what the actual thing I was chasing, I kept looking at her and in a fraction of seconds she disappeared into thin air. (Mind you that road was all straight for at least 1km and there was no place to hide) no way she could run away or hide somewhere.

That was enough, I lost control over myself and started running like a dog and only stopped at my home.

I was so scared that I got fever that lasted for a week. Next day I told everything to my family but they didn't believe and shrugged it off saying I should take some rest from studies and that I am imagining things.

But weird things started to happen. I used to feel like someone was caressing my hair when I am sleeping. I was afraid to be in the dark and I remember seeing silhouette in my room whenever I was alone but this time I didn't tell these things to my family. But one day my cousin whom I shared my room with came running out of the room screaming.

We were all in the hall watching TV.

When she was asked what happen, she said that after taking shower when she entered the room she saw "me" sitting near the window watching outside (I usually used to sit there after getting done with my studies) she opened the cupboard and was searching for something when she tried to ask me whether I saw what she was searching for... Getting no reply from me, she looked towards the direction on the window and found no-one there.

I was still in the hall with everyone watching the television. After listening to her I expressed what I was dealing with for a week. Now the family believed that something was indeed fishy and took me to the holy place. There we met with a person who solve these kind of cases. He blows some verses of the Qur'an on me and told my elders to never let me be alone in that house and strictly told me not to go by that road ever again. He didn't tell me the reason as he felt I was too young to know that.

However things didn't happen like that again and we even left that home after 3-4 months.

So that's it!

Other hauntings by Its_roshhh

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Its_roshhh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Its_roshhh (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
3 days ago (2024-04-23)
[at] freakyfilespodcast
Sure sure,
Just give the credit...😜
Its_roshhh (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
3 days ago (2024-04-23)
[at] matrix899...
Sir,You completely misunderstood the my words here...
I said when I turned back to see what's behind, there was nothing than I continue to walk (obviously again in a direction where I was heading to) then I saw her after me and called her... She too was going in the same direction as mine
matrix899 (1 stories) (67 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-04-14)
"However, I kept walking when I felt like someone is walking behind me. I turned around but no-one was there. I continue to walk when I saw in some distant there was a woman in saree (Indian tradition cloth of a woman) that seemed like my neighbour aunt. I was relieved thinking that now I don't have to walk alone on that creepy road.

I shouted, calling her name but there was no response so I started to walk faster towards her but however couldn't get closer to her, so I started to literally run towards her still calling her name and she was still walking in a normal speed but somehow the distance between us kept unchanged."

The details make no sense... She was behind you and you started to walk towards you while she continued to walk towards you but there was no change in the distance. You need to take more care when you compose a story... Get the details straight.
Freakyfilespodcast (3 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-04-05)
Hey this literally sent shivers down my spine, would you mind if we featured your story in our podcast?
Its_roshhh (2 stories) (7 posts)
+2
1 month ago (2024-03-25)
Hello [at] phoenix07

Thanks for your concern, yeah I did really well in my exams and thanks for understanding too😊
Phoenix07 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
1 month ago (2024-03-20)
Hi Roshhh, I certainly get your point regarding the family as they wanted you to concentrate on your board exams and this is why they must have told you to forget about this incident. I am also from India so I know what your parents must have told you.

The land must be haunted and that's why it was deserted. Still, I hope you are now in good health and did your best in your board exams.
BravelyKegger (2 stories) (19 posts)
+3
2 months ago (2024-03-10)
You need not be afraid of these demons friend. All authority in Heaven and on earth was given to Jesus when he rose from the dead. If you accept him into your life, then you will have power over all evil through him. Do not believe the lies movies and television show.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+3
2 months ago (2024-03-09)
I'm glad that's sorted, from what you have written, whatever that was, followed you home, perhaps a wandering spirit, or something that was lurking around the abandoned hospital?
Its_roshhh (2 stories) (7 posts)
+3
2 months ago (2024-03-09)
RCRuskin
My family is very protective when it's come to their children.
The reason they hid "something" from me is because they didn't want me think about that "thing" anymore and loose my concentration towards studies.
As I said I was preparing for my boards exams that time (consider to be a turning point) and they probably didn't want me to get distracted anymore. Atleast that's what I think
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+3
2 months ago (2024-03-09)
16 years old is "too young"? What the beep?

I do not believe it is in anyone's best interest to withhold necessary information. Though it does have to be given in a way that the student can understand.
Linjahaha (24 stories) (129 posts)
+3
2 months ago (2024-03-08)
rossh: This is a very frightening narrative. I'm glad that you are alright now, & have relocated.
Maybe there was a reason that the road was deserted. Not to mention the hospital. Possibly the very land itself is haunted by something that goes back in it's history. Who knows? However, it would be interesting to find out. Good read!

Take care! 😁 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: