You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Scary Paranormal Experiences In My Place

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Paranormal Experiences In My Place

 

This happened back in 2015 (I don't remember when it exactly happened, but it was a true story)  

One day, my parents went away for something important, leaving me and my older sister in our house. We decided to watch TV for entertainment.

After a while, I decided to take a shower. When I was done, I called my sister to get a towel, but after calling her, the lights in my kitchen and dining room started flickering by themselves. I didn't hear the sound of the light switches being pressed constantly, so I was a bit scared. Then an empty water bottle was thrown into a wall with medium force, which I thought was my sister's pranking me.

When I dressed up, I asked my sister if she flipped the light switches constantly and threw a water bottle earlier as a prank, which she said she did not do because she was watching TV the whole time. I started to think our house was haunted by a poltergeist for a moment when she said that.

To this day, I haven't forgotten what I experienced at that time.

The following story happened back in 2016.

My parents went away to my relatives' house after coming home from school. When they were gone, I decided to hop on my PC to play games non-stop until my entire room was dark except for the bright light coming from my PC's monitor.

In the middle of my game, I thought I heard something strange, so I thought it was just my game making such a noise, but as I took off my headphones, it wasn't. The sound was coming from my backyard. I got off my PC to check it out with a flashlight.

I looked through our bedroom window to see what it was, and when the moon started shining brightly, I saw the silhouette of a ghost standing beside our tree, so it sent a cold shiver down my spine. I was paralyzed for a moment while looking through our window.

When I rubbed my eyes, the silhouette disappeared. I was relieved, although it sent another cold shiver down my spine.

I thought these stories happened because my sister thought our house was formerly a cemetery, and she was teasing me with things like, "There is a ghost behind our school classroom."

Other hauntings by FearMeNot3000

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FearMeNot3000, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

KenS80 (1 stories) (40 posts)
+2
12 months ago (2023-03-20)
Illusory palinopsia or afterimages are created by immediate environmental factors, like over use of a computer, watching too much TV or even gazing at a switched on light for lengthy periods.

Perhaps that is what you experienced, thus rubbing your eyes made the shape vanish. Then again, it could well have been paranormal. Hard to say.

(+_+)
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2022-10-19)
FearMeNot3000, you are apparently not contributing further info to this story, but perhaps you may see these comments and change your mind or perhaps members can enlighten me on why would anyone go in for a shower without a towel or bathrobe and who got you the towel before you got dressed and if it was your sister then why didn't you ask her about the lights then.
I'm sure I've missed something. Regardless, it must have been a little scary.
Ladyglow, I'd like to find cash around my place too. Wouldn't that be nice.
Rajine (14 stories) (740 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2022-10-19)
It's safe to say that I'm assuming that you are the only one who has experienced stuff in your home? Since you not answering questions I'll leave it at that.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+5
1 year ago (2022-10-19)
I'm going to start thinking that my house was formerly a bank... With some luck, money will start appearing everywhere.

FearMeNot, I have some questions about your story, but feel discouraged to ask knowing that you've decided not to participate in the discussion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: