You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Dark Shadow in the Closet

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Shadow in the Closet

 

It's hard to pick one story to share with someone, or many people. I have decided to take the advice of my "adoptive" mother. In my life there have been many things that have scared the living hell out of me. This happened when I was ten, in Kansas City Missouri, in the home of my parents.

I was getting ready for bed, and kept feeling like someone was watching. Of course it scared me, but I had that feeling before. So I went on with my routine, brushed my teeth, my hair and grabbed a book to look at while I was falling asleep. All the while, the same feeling that I was being watched and that someone wanted to hurt me. I decided after a few minutes of freaking out and searching around my room to turn all my dolls and stuffed animals around so they wouldn't look at me. That I would just turn out the light and go to bed.

Since I was still pretty scared I kept on a light on my desk. I laid there for a while wondering, thinking that this was a joke my younger brother was trying to play on me. Just when I was ready to shut my eyes the closet door opened. Honestly I am still afraid of open closets in a dark or mostly dark room. I watched as this thing came towards me, sat down on the bed and just looked down at me. He, and I use "HE" because that was the feeling I got from him, mean, cruel, dark shadow. I wanted to cry, as I felt him sit on my feet. I felt the whole body weight of someone on me. For a minute or two he just sat there on my feet looking around, turning his head this way and that, then finally looking down at me. I couldn't breath, I couldn't yell, cry, I couldn't even move. Every bone and muscle in my body betrayed me.

I tried to close my eyes, just to move something in me to move. To get up. He slowly reached out for me. Reaching for my face. I felt cold on my chin and then on my neck. Then nothing. He disappeared just as quickly and as quietly as he came. I sat for a minute and cried like a baby. Then ran to my parents room to tell them what I had just witnessed, my mother just looked at me and told me not to say anything to anyone.

This is one experience in my life. I am slowly learning to live with what I see, hear and feel. But it's hard. Because I don't understand what I am supposed to do. I can't ignore these things in my life, but I can't devote my life to them.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, paradisoperso, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

cjswing (guest)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
'Then ran to my parents room to tell them what I had just witnessed, my mother just looked at me and told me not to say anything to anyone.'

As I said in another post - this may not have been a dream, stress can affect your perception and memory of a traumatic event. You could have been victim of some kind of abuse from a male in the house. Unfortunately in some cases another parent may know and yet be unable to help due to feelings for the other person or whatever. I hope this isn't the case but you never know!
Missmelanie04 (6 stories) (39 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
I have had many experiences in my 22 years of life. Since I was a child, paranormal events were focused around me. My parents didn't mind me telling people but if I talked to them about them they'd tell me there is a logical explanation for everything and then silence me.

If you were fully conscious at the time of this experience and there is no way it could have been a dream, then that is one heck of a creepy visit. Have you ever discussed it with your mom again to see why she told you not to tell anybody?
chunkygut1 (13 stories) (73 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-09)
I agree with kimsouth, I also think I have this gift and to be honest it terrifies me everytime I experience something paranormal and I wish it would never happen again, but it does. Although this gift can help spirits cross over to the afterlife if you choose to embrace it.
Piro (4 stories) (19 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-09)
Talk to a priest about it. Ask what it wants. Who he is, and meet him half way.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-05)
paradisoperso, I wonder why he vanished the way he did? Did you ever see the same guy again? I think I'd look sideways at closets too if I'd had that experience, can't blame you a bit on that one! When your Mom told you not to tell anyone, did she mean so they wouldn't think you were crazy? Or was it like she knew something and wasn't telling you? That was my first thought. I can't give you any advise but it would be great if you could submit more of your stories. 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-02)
You can learn to live with them, but not let them control you or your life. It is a gift, albeit a gift no one usually wants, but it is not something you can take back at JC Penneys.

I know what I am saying is easier said than done. I still get horrendously frieghtened and sometimes wish it would all go away. It doesn't.

For me, praying and keeping my faith and trying to keep my wits about me seem to be my only saving grace,

Keep us posted,
Gid Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-02)
You are right in your thinking, it is best to learn to live and deal with the things you have experienced. You should never have to devote your life to them unless that is what you want. Talking about them is one way of handling the problems associated with the paranormal. It is also a great method used in the healing process. I hope that by sharing your experiences with us you are able to move past them. Thank you for sharing with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: