You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Black Shadow in the Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

The Black Shadow in the Hallway

 

About 5-6 years ago me and my parents lived in my grandmother's house, my grandmother's house is pretty small, old and the floor was was basically hollow so I could hear who was coming and who was leaving. One night, it was hot and I left the door open in my room, there is only one hallway in that old little house, which was right outside my door.

My grandmother could not sleep without the restroom light on which was right across the hallway and I can't blame her after this night. That night I was awoken by stomping, like someone was marching in the hallway, I sat on my bed rubbing my eyes for a second, a little angry because it was 3 am and someone was waking me up. I stood and I said "grandma go to sleep its late..." I looked at the figure (my eyes were pretty blurry) as my eyes cleared I saw it wasn't my grandma, but a black shadow like figure, the only features on it was its head. It did not even look at me but kept marching down the hall. I froze I could barley breath the hairs on the back of my head stood up as it finally made its way into the kitchen, I ran into my grandmother's room.

When I got in she was awake and I told her what had happen and she said that she thought it was my grandfather and that it wasn't the first appearance it made. She had said the first time it came around, it was about twenty years ago, my mother and my aunts where party going teens. One night they came late from a party and my grandmother was pretty angry with all of them and while my aunts and my mom where getting ready for bed, the back door suddenly (which was chained because my grandmother was protective of her children) burst open and something came walking in, my grandmother had ask who was in the house, yet no one answered, the thing just walked in the hallway.

The other sighting was when my brother was about be run over in a busy intersection, he was 3 years old and my mom barely saved him and when she went to go wash her face in the restroom, as she looked at her reflection, she saw that same black figure walking in the hall way. Right now my cousins and my aunts live there and I had ask my cousin I'm closest with and he said that he had seen it too. What I wanna know what is this thing Has anyone seen something like it?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, reps, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
WOW, this exact same thing happened to me at night! That's weird for that to happen.
Elij_avila_lee (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-19)
OMG! I've had a very similiar situation that happened to me when I was about 9yrs old. I was home and my mom was gone I think one or two of my siblings were in the room playing, I was in the living room by myself when I heard footsteps in the hallway, I quickly turned around to look in the hall way and I immediatly saw a black figure look like a shadow man running into the kitchen. I had chills running down my back I did not dare move for about 2mins. Then I ran outside. I never brought up the situation to my siblings until about ten years later, surprisingly they've experienced the exact same thing as I did. A BLACK SHADOW MAN RUNNING IN THE HALL TOWARDS THE KITCHEN.
illusionation (3 stories) (35 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
I have a very similar experience actually, only in mine, I didn't actually SEE it. Which I'm actually thankful for haha, that would just be too much.
Me and my mom were both in our respective bedrooms, getting ready to go to sleep, and suddenly we both heard something stomping up and down our hallway, maybe 3 or 4 times. It was so loud, and fast... We do have a dog, but he was asleep in my room at the time. When it was over, we both yelled, DID YOU HEAR THAT?
What WAS that?
reps (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-08)
Eh if I see it again I'm runing I heard those things can be dangerous if you have sad emotions or anything negative in your head and they feed off it and my grandma passed away a while ago and I'm still sad about it.

reps
skeptical81 (2 stories) (28 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-05)
It seams the figure just wants to make its presence known, Just to let everyone he's around.
4u_allie (7 stories) (42 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
Dang! Shadow figures everywhere! I've seen one at a barn in a field. And I've seen orbs floating around the logan theatre with my infrared camera! Why do ghosts or orbs things stay hear with us?
Cass (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
I've been researching these "shadow people" for nearly two years: Based on my research, I am absolutely convinced that they are the Djinn of the Koran (and other sources).

They often manifest in or near bathrooms, or other water pipes. This is consistent with the Djinn.

Djinn, according to the Koran, were made by God and have somewhat similar attributes to us, in that they can be good or evil. In other words, they have free will.

No idea why so many of us are seeing them at this time, but it is pretty exciting to know FOR SURE that there is more to life than what we see!
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
Dear Shane,

Thank you, and sweetest day dreams to you today, love.

Abby on white horse rides off to dreamland.

'Night Hall(way), and the black shadow in it.

Blessings, Abby 😆 ❤
Shenny (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
Wow Shane, You Never Cease To Amaze Me!
Lol Take care and much love,
Shenny.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
Dear Abby I do not recall you commenting on the other story. But I am sure if you had it would have been a good one. ❤ Sweetest dreams to you dear friend.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
Dear reps, Martin, and Shane,

I am tired too, and I can't recall what or if I commented on the original story. Did I or didn't I? I could research it, but I am too tired, seriously. Like the author reps, I have decided not to participate further in the discussion. I am going to bed. 'Night all!
😆 Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-02)
More than welcome! Thought I was becoming psychic there for a moment. Then I remember I had read it before. Take care my friend.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-02)
Thanks Shane, good eye, it's my tired, monday night and not always alert so this slipped by me, I deleted the old one and kept this one as he is a registered user now.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-02)
Martin this appears to be a copy of another story here called The Walking Dark Figure. With just a few minor changes.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: