You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Sally, my Friend

Real Ghost Stories

Sally, my Friend

 

I am going to tell you about a very odd and disturbing story of mine. It all started on November 5th 2006. Hope you enjoy it! I was up in my bathroom brushing my teeth when the toilet flushed behind me. I was all alone in the house. My mom ran out to the Grocery Store. I turned around but no one was there. I started to get a little nervous but kept on doing my thing.

Then, I went in my room to take out the clothes I was going to wear. I went to open my drawer but the drawer flew open and the clothes I was going to wear flew out! I started to get very nervous so I went downstairs to call my mom when I heard a little girl's voice. Something inside of me said I didn't need to be afraid... But boy was I ever! I grabbed the phone and went to my neighbors house.

Picture of Orbs About 1 week passed and I hadn't heard of seen anything so I thought maybe it was just my imagination. Then one night my friend Brittany slept over. We had both just fallen asleep when she woke me up crying! I said "Brittany what's wrong?" She said "Morgan! someone just opened the door!" I said "Are you serious?" She stressed over and over to me that she was telling the truth! I looked around and just as I took my eyes away from the door, I caught a glance of a girl with light brown hair about to her shoulders with a bow in it. I wanted to scream but I didn't because I didn't want to wake my mom and dad.

We got up and went down in the basement. We took out my Ouija board and fiddled with that. A few minutes later I said "Is there a spirit here who wishes to speak?" We took our hands off of the moving thing for 1 minute and when we looked down, it was moving! It spelled out the word yes! I said "What's your name?" We had our hands off of the moving thing and it moved again and spelled out the word Sally. Then I asked how old she was. She spelled out the word seven. My friend and I were just too stunned to even speak!

We immediately got on the computer and I typed in the history of our house. When the info came up, we both turned pale. It said "In 1991 a girl named sally was dying of pneumonia". There was nothing anyone could do to save her. She died on October 1st 1991. She was only 7 years old. This all happened in Topsham, Maine.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post a message or e-mail me! Thanks!

Note from the webmaster: info on her web research couldn't be shared for privacy reasons

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Morgan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

illusionation (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-13)
also...
On a 'regular' Ouija board, the word 'yes' and number 7 are in a way that they don't need to be spelled, (they are displayed seperately)
Maybe its just the choice of this spirit?

And sounds like it was a little too easy to find the history... And more but eh.

Idk sounds a little fishy.
Lozza_08 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
dear morgan
sally was a girl right? So try to get to know her meet her talk and ask her reasanble questions 😉
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-08)
That you Morgan for the story. Although I have to agree with the others that your story doesn`t sound quite right it does serve a purpose. It helps keep us focused in an uncertain field. While all things are possible we must be able to seperate fact from fiction, if we lose that ability then we all look foolish.

Be Safe and God Bless 😐
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-08)
Yeah, I'm thinking that if the clothes that I had previously chosen to wear came flying out of a closed drawer I would have been too blooming scared to even entertain the thought of using an Ouija board the next week or even in the next year. I was not in that situation though, so I may have done what you did too. But I sincerely doubt it. This was a good read, though. Thank you for your story.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
I have to agree with everyone else on this story. It doesn't seem right that a toilet flushes on it's own, BUT, you might think it's something with the plumbing? Who knows. But I think if my clothes came flying out of my drawer, I would have screamed and ran out of the house or the room at the least! Also, if I saw a ghost in the middle of the night or whenever I don't think I would have thought, "Oh, I shouldn't scream because I might wake my parents"! AND, to even think of going to an eerie dark basement to get a Ouija board right after this happened. I don't think so! Thanks for trying anyway! 😊 🤔 -Shelby
Abby (710 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
Dear Shane and All,

Love you to my dear friend, Shane. Thank you for your kind and wonderful words. You are always dear, sensitive, good of heart and true.

A thousand post milestone has lost it's glitter for me. I have come to realize after the first 500 posts, that it is not about how many posts, but about the wonderful people here, their shared life stories, trials and tribulations, lessons learned and not learned and most of all, the shared love and friendship exchanged. Not to mention, some shared tough love too. ;)

Love you All my dear friends of YGS. :)

Here's to many more shared YGS memories in the making to come.

With Much Love to All of You!
Blessings, Abby ❤
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
Once again Dear Abby, you my dear friend bring a profound wisdom to the table that is rarely if ever matched. Not too long from now you will be joining me in the upper analogs of postdum. Looking forward to seeing that 1000th post. I hope I am able to be here for it. ❤ you my dear friend.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you always.
Abby (710 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
Dear Readers, Morgan, Shane and Jping,

We are all right and we are all wrong which cancels both right and wrong out. Thus, we are all just "sensitive" human beings which makes us perfect as we are. We are perfected and connected human "beings".

I honor your right and wrong to "be" you.

Cheers to human beings being "beings"!

Blessings, Abby :)
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
Thank you JPing, and I do apologize to you, as I did misunderstand you. I guess 26 years of "I don't believe you" and "you must be nuts" has made me a little overly sensitive even on here. I am not saying that it is impossible that they could move the planchette, spirits/entities have the ability to do what they want. They are just very selective on how they use the energy, but to answer your question, yes I suppose they could. Once again I apologize to you for my over sensitivity.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Abby (710 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
Dear Morgan,

I read your story first and allowed my own "gut" reaction to the contents hit my "inner sense" or "intuitive home", before I let the story sink in. Then, I read other reader comments.

In my personal opinion, your story's truth is what you experienced, chose to perceive and to relate here. Only you can determine, if what you experienced was real and true to you. I can only comment from my own point of view, past experience and my own personal life journey.

I do believe objects can be moved by non-living, physical beings and overly, charged human beings. I have witnessed first hand some same and similar unexplained, paranormal experiences and events. I have not witnessed a Ouija board planchette move, but I am not closed to the idea that it is impossible. It is a physical object, and to me is no different from a door being slammed shut, a TV switch or knob being turned on or off, light switches being turned on and off, other objects being moved, thrown, disappearing and reappearing and so forth by ghosts, poltergeists, spirits and entities.

I was immediately skeptical at the way you calmly conducted yourself after all of these unexplained events. Most people, newly introduced to something unexplainable have some sort of initial fear to confront as the mind takes over to offer a valid explanation for what is happening before one's very eyes. Instead, as the story progresses you go down to a basement and use a Ouija board? Your behavior does not feel right or plausible to me in light of the circumstances that were presented to you. Even a well seasoned person who has met many life, fear based experiences has some apprehension, questions and thoughts about what is going on in any situation that confronts them, even surprising ones.

Only you know what is true for you. --Abby
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
You've been in the area for 26 years. I'd say that pretty much makes you an expert, or at least as close to an expert as one can get in such a field.

I hope you didn't misunderstand me. I never intended to suggest that you weren't a credible source or weren't being honest with me. I am asking you specifically because I believe you are the 'goto' guy on such matters. The reason I repeated my question is because you hadn't given me the answer I was looking for. You since have. Thanks.

While I'm at it I wouldn't mind asking you another question if I may. You say that you personally have never heard of a planchette moving on its own accord before. Well you also say you have never seen 'fairy lights' before. So is it not possible that planchettes do move on their own, if rarely?

Before you answer - I agree with you and just about everyone else that Maine's story does not seem likely.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
First things first, I never claimed to be an expert in any area of the paranormal. I don't believe any one person can. Now with that being said, they wouldn't waste the energy unless they truly had a message to get across and in the case of this story I don't believe that the message was all that important. Her age and name. That is why they choose to use our energy to move the planchette. The motives behind a spirit doing what ever spirits do are as numerous as the reasons why you do the things you do. One they may be lonely and are seeking a way of communicating with the living or seeking attention. Two they may be angry at what they see as destruction of something they greatly loved. Three they may want help in solving the cause of their death, i.e. A murder victim. I could go on and on. Now I hope that I have answered your questions creditably. I would hate to think that some where out there someone is under the assumption that I am not being honest with them.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
Great, you've answered my question, it is possible for a spirit to move the planchette on its own.

As you say you are the expert when it comes to this stuff, so you tell me, why would they waste the energy? Come to that matter, what motive could there be behind a spirit doing anything at all?

I imagine a spirit, if it felt so inclined, would do so.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-07)
Look at this way then JPing. Imagine if you will that the Planchette is the receiver of a telephone and you are the base unit. Disconnect the wire between the base unit and the receiver and see if you are able to make a call. There has to be a connection made between this world and the other side in order for the ouija board to work and work properly. Sure the base unit will still ring, but without the connection to the receiver you won't be able to communicate. Some people just watch too many horror movies or any other movie in which the planchette takes off on its own, makes for great Hollywood hype. I personally have never seen it happen in real life and I don't know anyone who has, this would be the first time I have read about it actually occuring also, and I have been around the paranormal for a very long time. Could the spirits move the planchette by themselves, I am sure they could but why should they waste the energy?

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Sandy (3 stories) (48 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-07)
Well that was interesting. I would just tell the little girl by "name" to go to the light of God, that she has passed, and needs to go home. Good luck, God speed ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-07)
hmmmmmmm... Interesting. Do you have any response to the other comments?

God Bless!
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-07)
Good question, Jping. But a better one is: why can Morgan find this girl's death on the internet, but I cannot? I think the answer to both questions is linked therein.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-07)
Shane,if a spirit requires energy to interact with the physical world and is able to do so by taking from the environment around them, why can they not do the exact same thing with a planchette?
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-05)
As luvparanormal stated it requires a human energy source in contact with the board in order to operate properly. Yes spirits do physically interact with the world around them, but it requires a great deal of energy to do so. Usually they take it from the enviroment around them. I.E. Why you feel cold spots, or why electrical and battery powered equipment fail, but for the amount of activity that this person described it would require hugh amounts of energy. Also there seems to be rules that even the spirit world has to follow. Such as they are most active after the sun has set and between the hours of 10 and 3 are optimal. Why? I don't really know. Some claim it is a religious thing, others that it has to do with magnetic fields. Hope I haven't confused you too much with my ramblings.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-05)
I'm with Shane on this one. There are a lot of holes here that need explaining, Morgan. Upon opening a drawer and having the very clothes you were going to wear come flying out, this wasn't enough to scare you out of the house? What did the little girl's voice say when you heard it?

But this is the hardest part to believe: after having a toilet flush on its own, clothes FLY out at you (the very ones you planned on wearing that day), and hearing a girl's voice in your house, you still tried to pass it off as "your imagination" after just one week of inactivity? I'm sorry, Morgan, but encounters like this, when really experienced, are not only terrifying, but impossible to chalk-up to one's imagination. And when you actually SAW the apparition of a girl in your room at night, you didn't scream because you had the presence of mind not to wake your parents? This too is unbelievable considering what you supposedly experienced just a week before. At the very least, when things like this happen, people cannot make a noise because they are petrified, not because they're polite. And after ALL of this, in the middle of the night, you decide to employ your Ouija board? I'm sorry again, but most people leave their houses and don't return until morning when even less overt and scary things than this happen to them. But NOBODY asks for more. Then, your planchette just happens to move on its own and conveniently, not only moves on its own, but answers your questions clearly. Finally, how does one just "type in the history of your house?" Unless you're on the registry of historic places, this will not work. I actually looked up obituaries for Topsham, Maine and could not find anything in 1991 for a seven-year-old girl dying of pneumonia in the whole town. Besides, it's super rare for Americans to die of this disease today unless you're very old, very young (like, less than a year old or so), or suffering from an immune dificiency disease.

For these reasons, I respectfully submit that I cannot believe this story.

But thank you for taking the time to write a good little tale!
killingkilgore (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-05)
I agree that it's rather strange that the planchette moved on it's own. Ouija boards are bad news to being with, so why would you take it out after already having had a scare and use it in a dark basement? I'm also curious about all this information on your house that you found online. Was there a specific site that you went to? Or did you just do a search for the history of your home? Anyway, thanks for sharing.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-05)
Jping,
I have heard that the board takes energy from you so that it can make the piece that moves move. I am with Shane based on experience I have also had I find this one a little hard to believe. Doesn't the board also have numbers? Why would it spell out the word seven when it could have pointed out the number itself? Also what would make you after being all scared to go to the basement just like that to play with that and in the middle of the night?
Morgan what website did you find the story of the Girls "sally"?
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-05)
Shane, why is that you must have contact with the planchette?

If it is possibly for a spirit to physically affect the real world on its own eg. By flushing toilets, opening draws and doors, then why could it not also move a planchette?
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-05)
So no one was touching the planchette? Sorry, another one I find hard to believe. Reason is because from my experience the planchette must have contact from a human source in order to produce movement. Thanks for the story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-04)
Thanks for sharing your story, Morgan. I'm also from Maine. It IS a very haunted state! Have you seen or heard anything from Sally as of late?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: