You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Friend Sally

Real Ghost Stories

My Friend Sally

 

My name is Ana and this happened to me when I was around 9 years old. I moved from Japan to LA when I was 7 with my two older brothers and sister, my little brother Jun and our mom. (My parents weren't divorced. My dad had to stay back because of his job but arrived a year later.)

One day, my mom, Matthew, and Catalyn, (siblings, the two oldest) all went grocery shopping while Jun, Ron and I stayed home. Jun and I were playing when I felt someone pull my hair. I thought it was him so I hit him back and got in trouble from Ron. I told him what happened and he just ignored it. So did I.

The next day, when in my parents' room looking for paper to draw on, a little girl about my age that time, appeared in the doorway. She had brown hair in pigtails and was wearing a knee-length white dress. We just stood there looking at each other. Then she walked away without a word. I remembered we had some company that day so when they left, I asked my mom if that was their daughter but she had no idea what I was talking about. I argued and gave up because my mom was getting annoyed.

Two days after, when I was watching TV in the living room, Catalyn came to me and said my friend was waiting at the door for me I said "What friend? I don't know anyone here." Then she pulled me and dragged me to the door where there was no one. She was confused but then said "She was there earlier." I asked her what the girl looked like and she described the girl I had seen when I was in my parents' bedroom. Now, my curiosity was getting to me. And being young that time, I never really feared anything and the word "GHOST" never came to my mind either. I told myself the next time that girl showed up, I'd try to talk to her and ask why she was following me.

Three weeks passed and I hadn't seen the girl. Until the next day. I went to my brother Jun and Ron, who were both in Matthew's room looking for some video game. I just stayed there because I wanted to. While they were searching, I saw the girl in my brother's bed! Jun and Ron didn't see her because they were looking in the closet. Then I just yelled "Hey! Why do you keep following me? Do you want something?" My brothers asked who I was yelling at, but I ignored them. The girl was leaving and I followed her to my room. I tried talking to her. To my surprise, she talked back. She said that she was dead and that this used to be her house. She, and her mother and father were murdered by her older sister because her parents always favored her more. Even though their parents loved them the same. She told me she misses her sister even though jealousy is what made her dead. (Her sister is still alive.) When she finished, I couldn't believe my ears. I said I didn't believe her and that this was joke. I then said "What's your name and why have you been following me? You know, this is a very good joke you're playing, 'Cause you're already creeping me out." She said "I'm Sally. This isn't a joke. I'm a ghost. I'll prove it to you." After that, she walked through my wall and then came back. Now, I was getting scared. I was having an actual conversation with a ghost. I wanted to scream, but then I said "Aren't ghosts usually mean? Why are you so nice?" She told me that she was nice and all she wanted was a friend. I found out through her that we're the third residents of this house and that whenever she tried making friends with some of the other kids, they'd get scared. Then the family would end up moving out.

Well, now I'm 13, and from that day, I wasn't afraid of Sally anymore because I knew she meant no harm. She became my "friend" and we always talk, even though I'm the only one who knows about her.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

hperry524 (1 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-12)
Love your story. Are you still friends with Sally still today.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-03)
rainbow123: The site rules state that no one under the age of 13 may post stories or comments...I'll be deleting your comments from now on... Please follow our rules... There are other sites out there on the internet more appropiate to your age group... Thank you...
rainbow123 (1 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2012-06-03)
I toadlly believe this story! She is the nice than any other ghost I read about on this site! I feel sorry and I would never do such a thing killing I'm scared to do it anyway besides I'm eight great story! I believe in ghost very much ❤ ❤ ❤
HidingFromTheShadow (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-14)
i used to have a similiar thing like that when I was little. I used to speak to this old nun in my aunties back room I used to sit their for hours my family are small believers. Did you find out more about sallys history. I don't remebr the old lady but. She was a nice spirit who wanted company.
esha (1 stories) (16 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
i agree with hannahe if she knew she was dead then why is she still earthbound'? Also the fact that she is having a full blown conversation with you makes this also seem made up. I'm sorry I just can't believe it!
ellycat (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-19)
if this story is real then cool, but for some reason I don't believe that it is
Cassie (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-29)
Hey, Love the story, I am 12. And I had a thing like that. Well... Not really... I am... A fortune teller if you will. I dream stuff, I didn't mean to come upon this. I had a dream about A girl who was murderd and they always scare me, Most of my dreams are true... But... I don't like them. I have a friend like her, Only see her in my dreams, She was killed by her father, Her name was Airanna, She was only 6, 6 years away from me. I hope she is good with god sometime. And the same for Sally, Sally and Airanna can be friendsss. Thanks. Good Luck For Sally,
Me. (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-29)
Man,It must be fun having tea or whatever with Sally :D.

Good Job!

Make sure shes ure friend.
EarthboundAngel (2 stories) (38 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-03)
I agree with Athena, Chrissie and Shane. She needs to cross over and be with her family and others who love her. It was just sad how she died! I'm a firm believer in the paranormal and I have no doubt that you're able to have conversations with her. Maybe she just needed to have someone know the truth about how she and her parents died.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-07)
Hannah, There are those spirits which do know they are dead and they choose for whatever reason to stay behind. Plus for those that have the gift or ablity or whatever you would like to call it, seeing and hearing a spirit is an easy thing to do. In case you are wondering I have been studying the paranormal now for close to 26 years. I have seen and experienced things that would make just about anyone run screaming from a room. Just read some of my stories. Most will be listed under OHIO, one under West Virginia, and one under British Indian Ocean Territory. I will be posting more here soon.
HannahE (5 stories) (9 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-06)
No offense, but that doesn't sound realistic. Ghosts usually don't respond so easily, and also, they don't [usually] know that they are dead. If they know they are dead, they don't stay. They stay because they are confused and they have no way of knowing where they are. They just haunt the place they are bound to. Sorry, but this seems to movie-like to be real.
Dorrinda Penna (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-05)
I love your story. But if that was me talking to a real, actual, ghost, I'd freak out big time. I've never experienced anything paranormal in my life ever.
Dean and Oliver (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-04)
Dean: Good story. It's nice to know that Sally's one of the good spirits. Man, that was really sad what her sister did to her and her parents.

Oliver: Yeah. I agree with Dean. Her sister should be punished!!! Dude, I feel sorry for Sally.
Adam Lowe (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-04)
Hmmmm.... Is this true? I'm not so sure if I believe it. I mean the part where you can talk to Sally just like that. I'm sure that ghosts don't respond to humans just like that. It seems really unbelievable. I'm not being mean though. I'm just a skeptical person.
Chrissie (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-04)
Hi Meeki. I love your story. It's really cool. You're a brave girl and I feel really sorry for Sally because of what her sister did to her. That was really wrong. But I agree with Athena. Sally is dead and she should be on the other side with her parents and everyone else who loves her. You don't know, she might be wanting to be with them. Try to tell her that she should cross over and that it's the right thing for her to do. Great story.
Cari (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-04)
WWWWOOOOWWWW!!!! Man! This is like one of my all time favorites stories! It's totally unique. Not because you're friends with a ghost or something, but because you can talk to them, just like that!! No one I know can ever communicate withe a spirit. Usually they talk to them through dreams or just give "signs." This is really amazing. I give this story a 10!! You go Meeki!
Abby (710 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-03-03)
My dear Meeki your ghost friend Sally is dead and her family and those who love her are on the other side awaiting her arrival. She is stuck on this side in ghost form because of her traumatic death. Please advise her to go to the doorway where the bright white light is open for her, as her parents, family members and angels and workers of the light await her. Tell her to go where the greatest of love is where the white light shines her way home to God and all those who love and await her coming home. Beauty and love await her and bless her leaving in love and peace.
Meeki (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-03)
Hello. I'm back. I check the comments for my story everyday. I understand if some of you guys don't believe me. Sometimes I still wonder if my eyes are just playing tricks on me. But, they're not. Sally is the kind of ghost who takes the solid form of a human. Other times, she'll be transparent. When she is, she talks to me in an eerie, echoing, voice. ( I still get goosebumps when she talks like that.) But when she's in solid form, she sounds just like a normal person.
ashley marie (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-02)
this doesn't seem really believeable... more like weird. it sounds too much like a movie or something made up, but if it is true thannn SHOOT!!! I would be damn scared.
Dark-Heart (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-02)
yup exsactly what shane said I have never used an ouija board in my life and I dont plan on doing so and I would advise the same to anyone eles
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-02)
Meeki, sounds to me as if you have a very special gift. One that you should work with everyday if you want to keep it. To your cousin Celine, it is possible to communicate with the spirits without using a ouija board, it just requires the ablity that some people are born with. I warn all to not play with the ouija board. You may think that its just a harmless game and nothing can come of it, but remember this, it is a gateway to a realm better left closed. The question it answers for you will only be what you want to hear, in order to gain your trust and invite it in. Once done it is almost impossible to get rid of, or to close the gate you have opened.
unguided_traveler (9 stories) (35 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-03-01)
good point Dark-Heart, ouija boards are bad business, and Meeki, that is really neat that you can talk to your friend like that. my friend "Todd" can only communicate with me through my dreams or if I sit in a quiet room and concentrate. it sounds like you don't really have to work that hard to speak with Sally. would you mind commenting on my story? it's called Incident at the River, just look under the state Alaska...it's the only one there -_-
Dark-Heart (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-01)
celine ouija boards bring around dark entites if your not carful and most likly airnt people who are dead there normaly lower vibration entitys that want to cause trouble and Meeki awsome story I have an idea on how to contact sally if you want to talk to her...try closing your eyes and think about her emagine her right in front of you and call her name I have a hunch it might work ^^
john (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-01)
I don't know if I belive this!! In all the times I have tryed to talk to ghost they never resonded like that!!!!! were you on somthing or were you sick?
i don't wont to sound meen but wow!!
poornima (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-01)
i really can't belive this... yey dude I want to be sally's friend. how sweet of you dear. I am happy that you are able to understand ghost feelings. happy to know this. you are really brave. I appreciate your humanity.
Meeki (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-01)
Hey guys! I'm back. I really like this site, but I can't sign up to be a member. Matt won't let me. But I do like comming back to check all the comments for my story. Tell your friends to read this and comment me. I really want to know what you guys think of my experience. :) But I don't care what you say Celine!!!
Carla (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-28)
Hi Meeki
Have you looked into the history of your house to find out who used to live there?
What year do you think she lived,can you tell by the clothing?
Great story Meeki keep us all posted!!
Celine (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-28)
Haloo! My name's Celine. Ana is my cousin and she told me about Sally. I just wanted to say that I think it's kind of weird. Would a ghost really be able to talk to a person back, just like that? I mean, isn't the most common way of talking to ghosts, an ouija board? I'm not saying I don't believe my own cousin....at least I think. Sorry if you read this cuz, but it's something that just seems impossible - unless something like that were to happen to me, then, I'll believe it when I see it.
Meeki Ana (guest)
-1
17 years ago (2007-02-28)
Hey guys! Thanks for reading my story. I don't mind asking Sally a few questions. But it might have to wait. I don't really see her as often anymore and usually I'll know when she'll pop up, because someone, (and it's not my brothers or sister) will be pulling on my hair softly. (I've tried to call her but she never comes. I guess it doesn't work like that) But feel free to write some questins down. Just try to be patient for the answers.
Kodak (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-27)
WOW, to be able to speak with a ghost - that's a wonderful experience. Do you still talk to her? The only ghosts I've spoken with are through the Ouija Board.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: