You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Sidewalk Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Sidewalk Shadow

 

This is my first post to this site. After reading other stories for so long, I felt like I should tell one of mine. It's not too shocking or scary, but I hope readers are willing to give their opinions on it.

Late one night, my parents and I were walking up onto the front porch of my house after hanging out for the day. My mom couldn't find the key to get in so I walked around on the porch and happened to glance up. I saw a shadow standing on the sidewalk in front of the house. It looked like the outline of a man, without any details. It was kind of tall. I stared for a few seconds and the shadow "ran" down the sidewalk and in between my neighbor's house and the chiropractor's office next to it. I say "ran" because it didn't really seem to actually move, it just sort of...floated? It's a bit awkward to try to describe the movement.

I lost sight of it and I just stood there, very confused and a bit shocked. Then my step-dad, who was standing behind me the whole time, asked: "Did you just see that?" Both of us had seen the shadow and described the same things about the incident when we got inside. We saw the shadow standing there, and then it just left. It was really fast, too.

I wasn't scared and I didn't feel that the shadow was negative in any way. There were no people outside and it was pretty close to the porch so I would have been able to recognize a person. It was late at night and the street lights were on, but no regular shadow would have looked like that. I thought maybe I was imagining things, but my step-dad and I both told the same story and had watched this shadow.

This wasn't the first paranormal thing to ever happen to me but it really solidified my belief that things we don't understand yet do exist. What do you think about the mysterious shadow? I'll be very happy to read your suggestions and comments.

Other hauntings by Weirdchick_97

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Weirdchick_97, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Weirdchick_97 (2 stories) (3 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-08-17)
Wow, that sounds like an amazing experience, shushantkar. I'm sorry about your family member. 😢 It's really nice that she visited your mother, though. Thanks for sharing your mom's story with me!
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-08-16)
Hi Weirdchick_97! Thanks for shearing your experience.
I mom had similar kind of experience when she saw her sister's daughter on the when she was taking fresh air at somewhere around 7 to 8 pm. First of all she was surprised to see her. My mother would had been thought that her sister might have a surprised visit. But when she called her (Sister's daughter) she started walking away from her. My mom noticed that she wasn't walking actually she was just was floating inches above the ground. That night we received a very bad news from my dad that my mom sister's daughter was found dead due to over drug on her bed.
Was that a suicide? Don't know. But she actually might have wanted to see my mother. 😢
Weirdchick_97 (2 stories) (3 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
No problem K_marie. 😁 I wonder why the shadow person was there. That house was sort of old, maybe it had something or someone attached to it.
K_marie82 (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
Could have been what is called a shadow person maybe? Thanks for sharing it was interesting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: