You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Tall Black Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Tall Black Shadow

 

While I was studying at college back in 2010 me and my college buddy's occasionally got bored in our spare time, me and 5 friends often spoke about what it would be like to try a Ouija board, everybody gets curious right?. I have always been a believer of life beyond death but nothing more.

On a late afternoon my friend came into the old lecture room with an old Ouija board, we closed all doors, turned off all the lights and continued to call out to anybody who may be with us. At the time we thought it was useless as nothing happened. I swear since that night I have never felt the same, I am always full with fear.

A couple of years on I moved away with my boyfriend and his young daughter, I always feel like I'm being watched in my apartment, and one late night I was on my way to the kitchen and as I walked out of my living room doorway there was a tall shadow like figure standing in front of me it had no face nothing to look at. Just a heavy black outline of something that I would never call 'human' in shock I said excuse me and it actually moved! But since then my boyfriend\'s 3 year old keeps complaining about monsters in her bedroom and has recently started screaming in her sleep, it's starting to freak us out.

The fear I have always had since that night is so much worse than it has ever been. I don't know what this is or what it means I am scared to be alone and I can't carry on like this.

I need help with figuring out if this is something from that night we used the Ouija board. Sorry for rambling on.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sjd, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-22)
Of course, the best place for a ouija board is non existance. But just in case it's a problem, I think Rook has a personal cleansing method on his profile. I'm also thinking, yeah sounds like night terrors, and the shadow guy seems pretty mellow. How many polite ghosts do we get? I just resently learned how effective the clensing methods are that are mentioned on here, so it's worth doing them. Oh and the positive thinking goes a long way also.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-22)
Hi sjd! Thanks for sharing your experience. I have few questions, first, did you only fell or seen that entity alone? What had happened with others 5 who had been involved with Ouija board along with you?. Did they fill or seen same creature like yours?
Hope you and your boyfriend are safe.

With best wishes and

BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-22)
I think if any of this was connected with the Ouija board it would have started much earlier.
A couple questions about the 3 year old. Keeping in mind that about the only way to keep a kid from overhearing something is to lock them in a sound proofed room two miles from the place the conversation occurs, is there a chance she could have heard you discussing this shadow figure with your boyfriend or anyone else? Kids really do hear just about everything, absorb what they hear and incorporate it into their world view. Can you be absolutely certain, 100% positive, that she didn't overhear anything about the shadow? If she's overheard discussions about it, she may well have developed a fear of it without having experienced it herself.
Secondly, have you considered non-paranormal causes for her screaming in her sleep, such as night terrors? Its not an uncommon thing for young children to have night terrors, and she could easily grow out of them. Here's a WebMD article on night terrors. Your boyfriend's little girl seems the right age for this to start. Http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/sleep-disorders-night-terrors?print=true
The shadow figure you saw may not be an evil entity, it did have the decency to move aside when you asked it to. If may just move out of the house altogether if you tell it isn't welcome. Ghosts will sometimes just leave, no fuss, once they realize they are being disruptive. I always believe in trying the easiest option first, and the easiest option is usually "you're not welcome in this home, please leave."
Now, shadow figures get a lot of hysteria attached to them. People seem to think since its dark in color, its gotta be evil. I think that's BS. I think the majority of legitimate shadow figure sightings are just ghosts that either don't have enough energy to properly manifest, or haven't yet learned how to properly manifest. In short, I believe in taking shadow figures on a case by case basis. Caution when dealing with the paranormal is good, blind fear is not. Ask the shadow to leave, cleanse the home according to your beliefs, and try to forget about it.
I do mean forget about it, too. You used a Ouija board in 2010, and you're still scared by that. I don't think you have the right mind set to pursue interests in paranormal topics. Get this shadow business sorted out to your satisfaction, then never touch another Ouija board or read another ghost story. I wonder the same as elnora, would this have ever happened if you weren't still clinging to fear from that Ouija attempt 4 years ago? Tough to say, but I tend to think if you'd let go of that event you'd be fine right now.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-21)
If nothing happened that night, it is possible that you may have made yourself paranoid thinking that it was only a matter of time. The mind is a very powerful thing. Has your boyfriend seen it as well?

Bless your house, do some positive thought work (such a meditating/praying/whatever goes with your beliefs) to get rid of your fear. Negativity breeds negativity.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: