You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Must Be An Active Time

Real Ghost Stories

Must Be An Active Time

 

My last story brought events that have happened at our current location when we first moved in. I would like to pick up from there. We were still not used to all the small and large incidents that continued.

On one occasion Jennifer and I, along with a couple of neighbours were enjoying a fall night sitting around the fire pit. We had finished up a good dinner and were sipping on some toddies making small talk as we looked at the night sky. Jennifer excused herself and went in the house for a moment leaving me with our neighbours. Talk drifted to silence as we stared at the stars. The three of us were sitting/facing the same direction as we listened to the fire pop and sputter. Suddenly from behind us, (which will be from the front of the house) we could here footsteps leaving the gravel driveway and walk our direction. The steps crossed the yard crunching leaves with every step. At the time we had not spoken for several minutes and all had their head leaned back looking upwards. The sound of someone walking up to us came closer and closer. Whoever it was turned to my direction and walked straight up behind me and stopped. I was thinking it was Jennifer but thought it was odd she would be coming back to the fire from that direction. I glanced over to the closest neighbour setting to my right at the same time as he looked to see had joined our gathering. His eyes got wide as I turned to see who it was. There was absolutely no one there. I JUMPED straight out of my chair as the other two did the same. We were all doing the "holy $h!t" thing backing up as each of us shared our own version expletives. Jennifer came out after hearing the commotion to find us looking like we were dancing around the fire. I have to admit it probably looked pretty funny.

We went to debunk the experience. There was absolutely no wind. There was nowhere for someone to hide. We just grinned and sat back down reliving the experience we all shared.

I believe this one is long enough. There are plenty more to share. I actually had some odd moments this past weekend. Thanks for taking the time to read. Will enjoy any and all comments.

Other hauntings by Wish-Not

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wish-Not, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-24)
Sam222- Just the usual here at work. Pages flipping and rustling sounds coming from the vault without anyone being in there. Nothing that would make for an interesting story though. But one never knows when something could. Courthouse is busy this week with jury selection so with all that activity and energy anything is possible.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-24)
Wish-not, I guess your right you never know. The spirit world outside of buildings is so much bigger, and the spirits are more free, so they could probably just come and go. Thanks for getting back to me wish-not.
P.S. How is work going? Anything new that you might share with us? O_o
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-23)
Sam222- It's really hard to say what is and what isn't connected. There are so many random events that really seem different from each other. In "It Was Unintended", it was just a female voice and cold spot. This one only walked up behind me. If I remember right there was quite a bit of time between the two incidences. However, there were plenty little things going on. Just as they are now. My stories focus on the bigger events. I could write pages of the little ones but it would get redundant. Ha, this past weekend it threw a water pail off the deck right in front of Jennifer and I. But there's not much of a story with that. It was really cool but lacks a lot of story substance.

Anyways, glad you found this one. It was a cool moment.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-23)
Wish-Not, I thought I had read all of your stories and I just came upon this one will I was looking around. I read your story "It was Unintended" when it was posted, and I'm wondering if these could be related?
girleye888 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-27)
Hi Wish-Not! That was really a thrilling experience!:)
MGBU!:)
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-23)
swimsinfire- It seems that I am. Every since my first story at the church. But not by choice. Hinse my profile name...Wish-Not. Havnt embraced it like I could. I never do anything halfway so...

The dark man will be a story in it's self but as I said earlier I really need to fill in some time of the four years since we been here.

I actually been working on one one for just our precious dog Sophie. Bless her her heart. She has to put up with so much. Probably more than us.

Thanks for your time and your comment. Be safe and have a great weekend.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-22)
What a cool happening. Could you make out what color of dark color it was? Are you sensitive at all that they would be stopping by? Looking foreward to future posts.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-08-22)
sushantkar- No, No, no one said anything about being threatened by demonic or anything else! I only said a dark (AS IN COLOR). It was quite passive. It only startled me because I was not expecting it. We have different visitors quite often, which I think this is. But in NO way did it seem threatening. So ALL is well.
Appreciate your concern.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-08-22)
Hi Wish-Not! Thanks for the prompt reply. I am happy to listen that nothing is serious ❤ but on the other hand scared to hear that you are still being threatened by demonic activity 😨.
Humbly waiting for your next post.

Ba safe & may god bless you ❤
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-22)
sushantkar- We all found the moment amazing. It was SO deliberate. Since we moved to our current location (just over 4 years) we have times that are daily and times it would quiet down for months. This past weekend was the cool/cute daily things, however something new has occurred that hasn't happened before. A dark (as in color) figure showed itself to me three different times. Startled me the first two times. I'll write about it soon. Need to fill in a lot of blanks first.

Thanks for reading and the comment. Have a Great weekend.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-22)
Hi Wish-Not! That would had been quite remarkable experience to you and your friends 😨.
I hope that 'your odd moments' are not that serious.

Be safe & best wishes to you ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: