You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Black Hooded Figure At Foot Of My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Black Hooded Figure At Foot Of My Bed

 

As I'm about to write this, I am experiencing chills remembering my experience. I lived in a house built by my great-grandfather in 1903 I believe. It's a dairy farm. I was a child, I can't remember at this time my age. Probably around 10 to 12 years old. My room was upstairs and there are four bedrooms upstairs.

I woke up from out of the blue. I look at the foot of my bed, to the right corner. A black hooded figure... Very large. Absolutely no face just blackness and very defined. Not coming in and out of Shadow. Just there like someone is standing at the end of my bed. The fear was overwhelming, and I took my blankets and threw them over my head. I was absolutely terrified. I didn't know what was going on. I do not even remember how long I was under the blankets. When I finally pulled the blankets back, it was completely gone. I didn't know if I was seeing things or if it was a figment of my imagination.

A week later... My mom and dad they had been arguing. My mom was sleeping upstairs in what we called the purple room. At the kitchen table, she had commented about seeing a black figure in her room. I Realize what I saw was real, it wasn't imagined.

The first time I heard someone outside my family speak of this hooded black figure, was on Ghost Adventures with Loretta Lynn's niece. That was the first time realizing it wasn't my imagination. Someone else had actually seen the same thing. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Someone else had seen the same thing and that it was on a TV show. It really made me feel validated of what I saw. I still think about it. I still have that overwhelming fear that I did as a child. I also have an overwhelming fear that I will see it again. Especially after reading other people's stories on the internet.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nettie1963, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KenS80 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
1 year ago (2023-03-09)
Scary scary scary. Has it been back? I'd move. Thats probably not the best solution but just saying I would move.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
 
1 year ago (2022-12-05)
Hi Nettie1963

I'm not sure what that could be, but it's a horrifying thing to have to experience, did you try talking to your parents about it? Perhaps they possibly could have seen it as well.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
1 year ago (2022-11-28)
Hello Nettie,

The fear never subsides completely. As you get stronger, you will fear it's return less.


Thanks for sharing your post.
SWS
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+5
1 year ago (2022-11-26)
Hello Nettie1963.

Welcome to YGS.

I can only imagine how scary it must have been for you waking up in the middle of the night to see this shadow in your room.

I know this happened some time ago but, do you remember if the fear you felt was because you saw the shadow, or if you felt somehow threatened by its presence?
Have you ever discussed with your mother the kind of vibe she felt when she saw the figure?
Do you remember if there was a death within the family around the time this figure was seen by you and your mother?

Since the house has been within your family since it was built, it's possible that the hooded figure could be one of your ancestors just visiting what used to be their home when they're alive.

Are you aware if any deaths have happened in the house?
Does it still belong to your family? If so, has anyone else reported seen the figure?
Do you still live in, or visit the house?

In my opinion, if the figure is attached to the house, the chances for you to encounter it again are very slim to non existent... As long as you are not there.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: