You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Reversal

Real Ghost Stories

Reversal

 

There was never a time that I didn't sense beings. I believe everywhere is haunted with some being or energy, but the house at 1727 Verbena Way Reno Nevada, the house of my youth, was one of those places that could psychically sensitize even the most insensitive!

There was a male presence felt by my brother, my sister and myself. He was in the kitchen and we felt a sense of doom every time we ascended the stairs to the second story. My sister and I were left at home alone there one night, when were quite young. We were sitting at the table eating our TV dinners when a bowl and spatula were deliberately picked up from the counter and glided across the room to the table. We were frozen with fear and awe.

Eventually, my family moved because of work, and I was so happy, it was to Sacramento and I definitely felt life was going to get better. The first time we walked into our new house, in Sacramento on Kokanee way, I was personally overwhelmed, it was new and beautiful! My parents felt like they had done well in their purchase, buying it as a foreclosure, they had paid less! However, they had kept one secret from us kids. That when they had initially bought the house all looked normal and good until they went into the master bedroom and entered the bathroom. Blood was saturating the walls even the ceiling was streaked with red blood! And in the shower was the carcass of a chicken. It appeared to be a ritual killing. Likely, they killed the chicken to seal a curse upon the house and it's next tenants.

A few years later when I got told about this and then confirmed it with my mother, it seemed to echo my sense of that house, rather than alarm me. The house was active. One small example is the wall that refused to have pictures put upon it. I tried everything from tacky to tape to tacks, that is what held everything else up in my room. On that wall, however, nothing would stay. The pictures and holders would be on the floor before I could turn around. This pissed me off. So I decided to use a nail! Tapping the wall I located the stud then proceeded to hammer in the nail, then I hung up the picture. I walked away then turned my head back to see the most astonishing thing. The picture pulled laterally from the wall and for a moment I was worried it would fly across the room to decapitate me like the dead chicken. Thankfully, it seemed to descend deliberately, not fall, to the ground. My heart was racing, but I had to see if the nail was still in the wall, strangely it WAS still there. As I stood there examining it I laughed, bemused. Then the light went out with a snap, and absolute darkness and terror took hold of me. I threw open the bedroom door and ran out screaming my sisters name.

For along time I thought this was just my lot in life and never expected anything different. I accepted ghosts would always hang around and bother me. That was until I was a teenager. At about 17 my life was better than it had ever been. Despite horror stories about foster care, I happened to be in a foster home that made me feel safe and happy and hopeful! The next twist of this story will make a lot sensitive's want to rip my head off, but in the interest in honest reporting I'll tell you. My psychic ability towards everything else, beings, energies shifted. The shift was from having a Hubble macro scope to having a shield membrane that sifted out ambient energy and focused only on what would personally enhance me. This was a tandem shift too, the more safe and happy I became the less macro scope I was, and the more my psychic ability tuned down to just me and my interests.

After a good many months of enjoying this change I asked myself to shift back into "macro scope sensitivity". And I did. Strange, but true.

Other hauntings by Athena

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Athena, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-24)
Athena,
I know where Verbena Way is also. It's in Sparks, not that there is much of a difference in the two towns. As they say "Reno is so close to Hell, you can see Sparks". Please don't say this experience was not real, that house is known as a haunted house in that neighborhood. It's the most popular house to go to on Halloween!
Jav
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-10)
Hi Girlie, Thanks for asking. Yep, you have the right address and in all likelyhood the previous owner (that your family knew) was my brother Mark, who was much older than me. I think that is interesting that you didn't feel anything in the kitchen. Makes me wonder if I went back today, what would I feel?
girliejean (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-17)
That is indeed a great story. I just have one comment, which is: my sister now owns 1727 Verbena, which is in Sparks (next to Reno) and has owned it for ten years. I knew the previous owner as well. I am fairly sensitive myself and have felt nothing whatsoever in the kitchen there, a little something on the stairs that seems more like an echo than a ghost to me. What year did you live there exactly? Had to have been prior to 1985 unless you have the address wrong.
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-18)
Hi Bell, Thanks for your idea! And I was just "switching" last night! The paranormal investigations group I belong to had a Haloween Party. I was very involved in listening to my companions, in fact, totally focused on that. One of them mentioned that the very hall we were in was haunted. (I think everywheres haunted or energized so not a stretch for me to give some credit to that). I switched into telescopic intuition and ignored everything else for a sec. Not sure if it was just because there was not much to feel or if it takes a minute or more to tune in. Hope I understood ie "switching". Hope you have the best Samhain Bellissima!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
Athena, being nosy as I am, I think I'd kind of switch back and forth, you know, just to see what all was going on. Then when things got a little too busy and overwhelming, I'd switch back to picking up the things that were more personal and less confusing. I imagine it would sort of be like watching 5 or 6 T.V's, all playing different shows, and trying to keep track of everything going on (am I close?). I think I understood your macro scope comparison, I liked it! 😊
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-08)
Athena, thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-08)
WOW! I appriciate you all letting me know what you think! Bell, I keep a book of my blessings, and your email is going in there- Thank YOU! KimS you are right It was a confusing paragraph. In fact, there is quite a bit that was confusing about my story- Sorry. I bet the part about "macroscope sensitivity" was silly sounding. I was groping for words. A better thing to say would be "telescopic sensitivity". I was trying to show the difference between, psychic ability that picks up on a lot of things compared to only things relavant to the person, esp excluding random energies and ghosts.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-08)
Although I do not understand the terminology used in the last paragraph, I am glad to hear that you have been able to find inner peace and have happiness and stability in your life.
May God protect you and keep it that way. Remember, no matter what, keep your haith strong!

God Bless!
ducky493 (11 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-08)
thank you someone like me I can all sense when a ghost is near by like for example now a ghost sitting in the next chair to me looking at what I'm writing. He seems to be mad when I go on this site but I like it so much I can't help it. So he scares me I got used him . Even when he opens the fridge in the middle of the night I like this ghost company and scares ❤
ghosthost (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-07)
Hey Athena, thanks for sharing your spooky experiences. Looking forward to hearing more. 😊
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-07)
Oh, Athena, you are so modest. Your abilities are strong. You say that your abilities are 'hit and miss' but I think your abilities are more 'hit' than 'miss' from what I understand. Everyone has abilities, maybe so, but they have to understand them before they can use them. Clearly you do. I am impressed with your abilities and your attitudes towards this phenomenon, you are so casual about your gift. People who are haunted and can't stop it, mostly, don't have psychic abilities, although they might wish to or wish to know how to. I have seen a few things but don't profess to being able to communicate with my personal entities. I just can't. You wonder what my estimation of your psychic abilities might be - you have a special gift but don't minimize it. Not everyone can have the experiences that you are able to, everybody's different. I bet a lot of people wish they had your gift. Some people have experiences that they wish they could deal with better, but they don't have the capability to do so. You are lucky (?I think so) enough to be able to see things in a different light than most, you have the right to brag, brag, brag! It is special that you can see the way you do! I'm not sure I'd wish to be able to see things the way you can, my experiences are very benign so I don't worry much about them. If you can turn things off, then you are very lucky. I don't know enough to say whether other people can shift their abilities or not, but the fact that you can says a lot! ❤
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-06)
Hi Bell, Thank you so much for reading my story! I always hope I get your feedback. I am secure enough to admit my psychic abilities are hit-and-miss. I kind of think everyone has them though, and I also think no one is truely a GREAT psychic. Psychic ability is often overestimated by people who want to be loved, respected or want money. My story is just a poor attempt at shining the light on the psychic-ghost attraction, and also an attempt to empower people, so they can feel encouraged to control thier psychic/ghost experiences and not by so controlled by it. To be fair there is the otherside of ghost experiences. For example, folks who are haunted and they can't seem to stop it And they don't want the experience. I guess, sometimes, ghosts have freewill too. I would love to know what you think about my estimation of psychic abilities? Also curious to know if other people find they can shift those abilities? Let your ideas fly!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-06)
Oh, Athena! That was a great story, I was glued to the screen. I'll bet you have hundreds of tales to tell, and I would love to hear them all. It would be great to hear more of Kokanee Way. The pictures coming off the wall right in front of you like that would really be scary. Anything that's happened to me has never been directly in front of me, I can't imagine how I'd feel if it ever did. Your psychic abilities must be tremendously strong (not that I doubted at all) to create your own level of sensitivity like that! Thanks for sharing your story with us! 😊
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-06)
Thanks ZL! I guess I am hoping that one day, some amazing person will decide to go through all the ghost/psychic cases to find patterns within them. Patterns that might lead to understanding more about psychics, ghosts, etc. Hopefully, mine will be one in the pile. And I hope this story also helps people know that it's possible to shift your sensitivity to ghost. Maybe for some experiencers who wish to, can shut off or tune down thier unwanted interactions with beings. Hope I'm making sense and not sounding wordy.
Zagrebacki_Lovac (18 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-06)
a very interesting story
thanks for taking the time to write it all BEST OF LUCK 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: