You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Ghosts of Golden Gate Park

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts of Golden Gate Park

 

Getting terribly lost in San Francisco is a nightmare. I don't know the city - and as a tourist I feel it's my right to bother people and ask for directions. Just so you know I have even gotten lost in Golden Gate Park. I just want to make it perfectly clear that I don't know anything meaningful about Golden Gate Park or San Francisco. Among the thirty or so people that came to Stow Lake for the investigation I was an unknown. I am going through great pains to tell you that there is no way that I could have gotten unconsciously swayed by prior knowledge as to the many paranormal reports of the park. I'd never even looked it up on the web or a map!

Picture of HPI group We broke off into four groups and by luck the leader of my group was Tommy Netzband, he is the founder of the San Francisco Ghost Society and guide of the Haunted Haight walking tour.

Tommy had mentioned there is a "Woman of the lake" ghost story, standard fare that made the ghost-story more unbelievable to me. Tommy himself cackled, "What make-out spot near a lake doesn't have a ghost story to it?" With an open heart, skeptical mind and grain of salt I casted myself as the central intuitive of the group, preparing myself to disappoint them all with no dramatic or unusual reports at all, and off we rambled on to the trail surrounding the park.

When there are entities that I need to interface with, I have almost a channeling style. I allow that spirit to directly show me in mental pictures what is important to them and to speak and act through me, however, I don't subscribe to receding your own control or dominance within your body, totally retreating is like letting a complete stranger have a key to your front door and telling them to come over anytime. So my ghost interactions are quite intense and also controlled. As the night wore on this fact became very important to our groups investigation.

Orb at Stow Lake 1 *Hot spot 1

Right away I began to absorb emotion and information, so someone really needed to communicate. What was apparent was her sadness and connection to the water. We filed ahead- Tommy, me, Shonna and Marcus. At a point of high sensation Shonna walked close to me and reported dizziness. The EMF showed nothing unusual. A little further down the path as Shonna and I talked about what had just happened, Tommy took another EMF reading. Starting at a normal range then plummeting to a flat 0, and wildly jumping to 4.

*Hot spot 2

It was time for EVP recording, feeling very drawn to the lake I turned my back on the group and walked closer. We all asked questions and left 10 seconds between each one. Tommy asked what the entities name was. I came up with an M or Melissa. He told me that he had come up with Mary. We continued to walk and had some more fluctuations with the EMF, and picked up more electronic anomalies.

*Hot Spot 3

We were close to the trail that led up the side of strawberry hill. And over the first/second step of the trail I saw one pinprick of red light that showed itself then disappeared. I reported this after making sure that nothing normal could have accounted for the light. The light seemed to prompt me to walk up the steps. However, I got a specific negative intention from the entity and knew that the entity could harm me through infestation of its negativity, after informing my group of all I told them they should go and investigate without me if they could do this safely with the being.

Orb at Stow Lake 2 After they decided to go up I felt guilty for remaining below and joined them on the steps. At this point I saw another pin point of red light over the landing and told them that this was a prompt for them to ascend there as well. They went up and I walked down the steps, feeling dizzy and sensing the spirit would have like me to fall down the steps.

Another group arrived and we caught up on each other's experiences. I then told the leader of that group how the spirit was very negative and wished to harm me and whoever else he could, and again felt my guilt for letting them go up there while I stayed away. At this point I told the other groups leader that I thought I could go up there without getting hurt.

I found Tommy's group working with their equipment and they noted equipment malfunctions with no cause that was obvious. I immediately felt a center of energy not far from where they were. I told Tommy that though it might seem more likely that in life there was violence leading left up the steps, yet I felt certain the violent act had happened by a large conifer on a steep and tangled slope to the right. He told me that it was interesting I said that because just before I had gotten up there he told the group that very thing.

*Hot spot 4

Beyond the pier overlooking the lake I spotted an amorphous mist that was oblong and roughly nine feet high. At a different time, close to the boats, I saw a basketball shaped light that was blue and white. As I tried to explain to Tommy where the location of the light was, we used his laser pen. It continually "bounced" off the area in which I had seen the light. The laser malfunctioned dramatically when I attempted to use it. At times only flickering or not activating at all.

Jean Paman My Assessment of the Stow lake area

This area has convinced me it has active and latent haunting. The evidence was three pronged, intuitive/personal accounts, unusual electronic readings/malfunctions and cross corroboration of investigators revealing a pattern of certain repeatable aspects of activity within it. However, the majority of these hauntings are in hypo-stasis, not seeking, or able to contact. Only a few beings there are interested in contact. There are two beings (feminine and male) that reside at strawberry hill.

I believe that specific area where the violence took place happened to be over an energy earth-gate of moderate concentration. It is hosted by a specific earth energy/entity. The violence there has caused a disturbance of the energy. The haunted activity is a request for the living to minimize or change the negative being then to doctor the energy and help resanctify this area. This would do a tremendous favor in restoring the equilibrium of the area. And restore the important natural earth energy 'gate'.

There were two or three beings at the lake itself that were in active haunting. The one with whom I had communicated the most with was of woman 'M'. The other being(s) was in a para-active state, not seeking contact and interaction. M herself, was not very interested in moving-on or progressing. She is preoccupied with reliving the sadness of her life and wanting the living to also understand what she has been through. Ritually, leaving her flowers and messages of spiritual progression would be indicated. Carefully introducing her to the fact that her baby is in 'heaven' and no longer in the lake may help, but for the ceremonial participants sake this should be done with care and reverence for her.

Finally, there is tremendous energy there, and much of it is the living visitors own emotionality which is feeding or coalescing the native energy and the energy of the beings themselves. Because of the energy problems on strawberry hill there is certain morbidity to the park, but with expert ceremony to normalize it, the natural earth energy and earth entity can contain and care for the overlaying hauntings themselves.

Other hauntings by Athena

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Athena, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-24)
Athena,
Are you speaking of all the experiences you had with this group? Did you find evidence tampering?

Jav
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-24)
Dear Reader, After this experience I investigated equipment that might be able to replicate many of the experiences that I had in this story. I promise at the time of my writing I didn't know this and thought that it was a legitimate experience. Please be aware that some people that give ghost-tours or claim to be investigators trade authenticity for theatrics.
Zagrebacki_Lovac (18 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
A very interesting story. Well of course it is every new story is interesting but somehow I felt strange while reading it an unbelivable experience

BEST OF LUCK 😊
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-02)
Hello Athena, figured it would be better to answer you in one of your stories than in someone elses.

The "certain things" that I was speaking about would be certain symbology, metallurgical, and elemental objects needed in the summoning and binding process along with knowing the name of the particular demon or lower level entity in which you are trying to summon.

That is why I always get a laugh out of those who say that their demons name was such and such. Demons and lower level entities never give their names willingly.

When I speak of symbology as you, and I am sure other true ghost hunters and aspiring ghost hunters know the pentagram is not a symbol of Satan, as it was original used as a pagan symbol for the goddess. It was also used by the greeks as a symbol of man.

Old what's his face, Anton Lavey the founder of the church of Satan and Hollywood are to blame for corrupting it.

Each main demon and his/her commanders have a symbol associated with them and a way, time, and price for summoning them. Strange but it has nothing to do with the glamourized hollywood and would be Satanist way of doing things.

Sorry I went off on a tangent there, didn't mean to start lecturing about summoning demons and entities. I wonder if our line of thinking is similar. How did you perceive the events and "things" for summoning to be?

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-02)
Athena, thanks some more! I wanted to comment on your photos of the orbs, all I can say is that they are fantastic! When I originally read your story I didn't enlarge the pics, I figured I could see the orbs you were speaking of pretty well in the smaller shots. I just enlarged them and they are really good, well they look really good to me anyways. I wanted to make sure I got that in there. By the way I enjoy Paul Roberts stories too! It's late for me, I think there's about a 3 hour time difference between us (I'm in Ontario, Canada) so I should get myself off to bed so I can make sure my kids get out the door in the morning! 😊
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-02)
BTW Bell, You come across in your stories as straightforward and very authentic. You are one of my favorite posters as a result. And I bet I'm not the only one who reads your posts/stories and picks up on your powerful and benevolent nature!
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-02)
Some HPI investigators were standing around talking about the dangers... They discovered that adding up the time they had spent as ghost (paranormal) investigators the worst that had ever happened to them was they got scratched. I guess that means investigating has not been so bad. I think that thought is a great counter-balance to my worry-wart nature.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-02)
Hi Athena, you could never bore me! I'm glad I brought you a smile, that's a good thing. I am amazed at your talents and bravery, going into these situations knowing what you may have to face. You always have such a way with explaining what has happened. You write very well. I think I might be sounding a bit a$$ kissy but your adventures and talents are just incredible! I always look forward to your stories and eagerly await more. You are one of the contributors that I truly respect, comments and stories alike. I'll say it again, I love your stories and thanks again for sharing with us. 😉
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-02)
Bell, Thanks for your comment, it brightened my day! 😁 I'm so happy you liked it. I totally thought it would bore the bejezzes out of everyone!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
I hope for the best in the future with your ghost hunting. I have to tell the ghost to come and visit you LOL. I have seen 4 ghosts this year the first 4 ghosts I have seen in my life. The 5th one she was a little girl she was talking but I couldn't understand what she was saying. I do wish that you have been through the things I have been through not in a nasty way because they would of been interesting for you and you would have prove of them. You should read my stories I have 2 on here and 16 stories on psychic experience website my name is just Katie on there you should read my stories some more will hopefully be published by tomorrow. I go through loads every week there something new but its getting better because I am experiencing loads now.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Wow, Athena! Thanks for the wonderful story. I love the way you write, it's so informative. I always enjoy your stories but for me, this was the best! I'm so glad you shared with us! ❤
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
I've been meaning to acknowledge Paul Roberts for sending me these great pictures. As you can see he always brings the best out in people! Check out that possible ORB!
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Princess Katie and Ghosthost, You both are so kind I am blushing! Lots of love to the gentle souls❤!
ghosthost (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
Hey Athena! Just wanted to say thanks for "taking us along" on your hunt. Stay safe out there!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
I like your title of the story. It makes people want to read it. 😊 . I guess you like ghost hunting then. WOW interesting story. I enjoyed reading it. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: