You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: This Is Fun

Real Ghost Stories

This Is Fun

 

My friend's mother became ill. Her mother was elderly and though her sad family gathered around her, they were not shocked. She slipped into a unconsciousness, but the family obeyed her wishes not to be taken to the hospital. My friend was heart-broken seeing her mother in such a state, and her mind slipped back to many years before when her brother was a young man. He had become preoccupied with death, and this became an intense desire to discover what happened after death. He was not mentally well and this obsession overcame him and he committed suicide to the devastation of all.

My friend snapped back to the present as her mother began to shift in the bed in which she laid. Everyone's murmurings became hoots as her mother opened her eyes and smiled at all those she loved who surrounded her. Her mother's clear blue eyes looked deeply into her daughters and she said gleefully, "Darling, this is fun!" Then her inhaling became short and her exhaling became long and rattling and she seemed to alternate between concentrating hard and then looking at the faces of those she loved.

Then she became still, and she passed on. Everyone began to cry and hold each other. Some pressing their faces on their old mama's hand as they wept. She remembered a pledge her brother had made before he died. He said that if there was an 'after-life' that he would give a signal, so that they knew.

As this thought flew by, she cried deeply thinking about her mother's suffering, then the door bell rang. They answered the door, but no one was there. Less than a moment after the door was closed the door bell rang two more times. And no one was there. "It must be mom telling us she made it ok..." The phone rang then and she answered it. No one could be heard on the line.

And despite her pain, my friend smiled at her mother care even after death.

Other hauntings by Athena

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Athena, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostfox96 (1 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-07)
What a sweet story.
It makes me feel abit better about the concept of death. When my nana passed on I was devestated (understandable).
I wish my nana could have gave me a sign that she made it okay. I was only young and wasn't ready for her to leave. We hadn't known each other long but I still remember her passing.
Rip nana xxx
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-20)
Ok, I think I get it. Thanks, Athena! And I know your friend's mother is safe!
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-16)
Greetings Purple Queen! I really tried to remember exatly how my friend had told me the story, so that I would not embroider her details unintensionally. Yes, her mother did say that, and I'm guessing here, but I think she was having fun because she was "seeing" her loved ones all around her- the dead and the living. A family reunion of sorts? I believe the dead help us over the threshold through dying. What do the living know about the dead? It's all conjecture. All we have are these wonderful stories.
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-16)
wow what a nice and touching story! So sweet! ❤

But I don't understand... Why would she say "Darling, this is fun!" I found that kind of odd.
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-16)
I found this story so comforting too! Thanks for your comments Kimsouth and CearyAwesome! ❤
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-14)
Aww... That is such a sweet story. Thank you for sharing that with us. That mother is a very compassionate and caring mother that she wanted to let her children know she was fine. 😁
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-14)
Thank you for sharing your story. I do believe those we love deeply will find ways to let us know they are at peace and safe, maybe trying to asage our grief a bit. How fortunate your friend was to have these encounters and know that her mother is at peace.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: