You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Old Man in a Wheel Chair

Real Ghost Stories

The Old Man in a Wheel Chair

 

This happened to me just a few days ago, I would have posted it earlier but I didn't have enough time. Me, along with 3 of my cousins, plus my aunt and uncle (they're researchers in paranormal activities here) went to check out this old mansion, the couple living there said they heard noises, always late at night; So they called my aunt and uncle and told them to check it, and of course, me and my cousins joined them. So we set off for the mansion at around 5 in the evening, it was out of town, so it took about 1 and a half hours to get there.

When we got down, we saw the mansion, and the couple outside; I assume they've been waiting for us; they had about 2 carry bags each, they were about to leave for a few days until we figure out what's going on. We got the keys to the mansion, it was beautiful! An old fashioned house, we said good-bye to them and we walked in, Hello, antique freaks!

The house was like an antique shop! Everything to match, pretty cool. I checked my watch and it was almost 8 pm, my aunt and uncle took up a lot of time talking to the Fernandez couple. We explored the house; (sounds just like me doesn't it?) And finally we got bored, because we couldn't play around since the house was full of ornaments!

It was almost 11, so we decided to sleep, we slept in sleeping bags, because it would be awkward to sleep on people's beds like that. My aunt and uncle were doing some research on the house on the net, in the next room. So we said night night and went to sleep.

Then after 5 minutes we felt restless, we couldn't sleep; we all felt like there was something wrong. Then tapping noises started, then it became louder and louder, then from the tapping, it was banging, louder and louder, by this time we had all run to the next room and my aunt and uncle were a bit worried, then from the next room (the 2 rooms were connected). We could see the door opening, and some kind of mist... The door was locked!

I walked towards the door that was opened. (I don't get scared that easy). What I saw was just... not good. I started saying "Ok, not good. Not good" And walked backwards away from the door. Then all of a sudden I just froze; just completely shocked; I saw an old man with a beard, almost bald, in a wheel chair. And the figure came closer and closer to me, he was staring at me with wide open eyes with his head tilted to the right, that was a sight! The wheel chair had this eerie noise from it. Like one of the nails were loose or something. It came closer and closer, it made its way through me! NOW, I was freaked out! It felt like a cold wind go through me, VERY cold, and it gave me goose bumps like I've never seen. I had fallen flat on the floor, blacked out for a while.

When I woke up, I was on my sleeping bag. With my cousins sitting around in a circle. A few feet away from me. Everyone looked at me and I was like, "Ok, I'm lost big time". And one of my cousins said "Dude, are you ok?" "Yeah I'm fine" I said.

The next morning the couple arrived, and we told them what happened, and what he looked like. And they told us that the man that sold the mansion to them said that an old man died in his wheel chair in that very room. And now he's just making sure that the couple knows that he's present in the mansion. They told us to stay just another night, and then when the noises started, we decided to pray. The noises stopped. Now the couple pray every morning and night before going to bed and as they wake up. And no more noises. TA DA! But I'll never forget the feeling of that old man going through me.

More stories to come, but for now,

Take care and much love,

Shenny.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shenny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-17)
BloodEman - we aren't able to give the help/advice we might be able to unless your friends submit their own experiences. The only advice I can give is to research. There is plenty of information online about sleep paralysis. Some of the sites are medical (which you should read) and others are paranormal-related like this one. Just Google sleep paralysis.
BloodEman (2 stories) (59 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-02-17)
Thanks for the information Miracles...
I haven't expirienced any paranormal incidents... But most of my friends have.

Most of them have expirienced sleep paralysis. They said they knew they were dreaming but they could not move their bodies and they feels like someone is touching their body which is at sleep in the real life (not in the dream) And some said that they couldn't wake up from the dream... Until their mother or someone wakes them up. As their bodies are paralised. They said that they were able to think as in the real life, but could not understand why they can't wake up.

I want to know why do sleep paralysis occur... Is it a effect of a spirit or is it the mental stress in our minds.

I haven't expirienced such things but I want to know the reason for'em. Even when someone is telling such expiriences, it gives me chills.
Because what happens if such thing happens to me. I have to run or spend the whole night in a dream where a ghost is following me or I am alone in a spooky place. Please mention an explanation for these things...

Please respond,
BloodEman (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-17)
Thanks for the information Miracles...
I haven't expirienced any paranormal incidents... But most of my friends have.

Most of them have expirienced sleep paralysis. They said they knew they were dreaming but they could not move their bodies and they feels like someone is touching their body which is at sleep in the real life (not in the dream) And some said that they couldn't wake up from the dream... Until their mother or someone wakes them up. As their bodies are paralised. They said that they were able to think as in the real life, but could not understand why they can't wake up.

I want to know why do sleep paralysis occur... Is it a effect of a spirit or is it the mental stress in our minds.

I haven't expirienced such things but I want to know the reason for'em. Even someone is telling such expiriences, it gives me chills.
Because what happens if such thing happen to me. I have run or spend the whole night in a dream where a ghost is following me or I am alone in a spooky place. Please mention an explanation for this things...

Please respond,
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-02-15)
BloodEman- and that is what this site is about: helping people with their paranormal experiences.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-02-15)
BloodEman - the same way you contacted me off site. Check their profile for an email address.
BloodEman (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-15)
Thanks Miracles,
I want to know is there any way to contact a person who is a member of this site and talk about his paranormal expiriences?

Are there any persons in this site who are willing to help the people who had expirienced paranormal?

Thanks for accepting my request...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-13)
BloodEman - sure, ask your question about this site. If I don't know the answer, someone else should be able to help.
BloodEman (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-13)
Excuse me MIRACLES,
May I ask you a question?

(about this site)
BloodEman (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-13)
Excuse me MIRACLES,
May I ask you a question?

(aboit this site)
BloodEman (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-13)
Got that Miracles,
I knew someone will respond to my comment.
So sorry I scolded that guy.!

I didn't mean that his story is not scary or foolish.
I meant I can't believe it's true. There are evidence for that.

When talking about the part I have said about my phone number provision, I said it as a joke...!

Sorry buddy...

Thanks for the advise.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
8 years ago (2016-02-08)
BloodEman - we prefer our members don't add things to their stories to make it scary. There is also no reason for anyone to comment on a story that is almost 10 years old and where the o/p is no longer a member.

We also do not want anyone to provide their phone number on this site.
BloodEman (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-08)
Sorry I have typed wrong letters on some parts because I was on a hurry to go to school...
BloodEman (2 stories) (59 posts)
-3
8 years ago (2016-02-08)
You may be a big girl right now. And my nationality is same as yours.

However I don't have much time sister, I know that you won't see this. Because you have posted that big lie about 9 years ago (pretty long time huh?)
But I'm telling this for the people whi reads comments after reading stories...

If anyone think logicaly, he would understand that this story has some parts that proves this is a fake... If you can't understand, ok I'll help ya... Read the part where this young lady has mentioned a mist appearing through the door... If you read it twice, or thrice if you want you'll notice that it's a story made up by herself.

I know I'm not an expert on paranormal and supernarural, but I am a person that cannot be fooled by such stories

Sorry for my comment
(I am not going to use an angry emoticon, it just makes my story a joke for some readers)

Bye sis,
Remember- I'm not in an angry mood.

Next time write down the story and add some scary incidents in those ghost movies before posting it...

If anyone has a problem with this comment, I'll provide my mobile number...
DrKreep (5 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Shenny shenny shenny
You girl is a fantastic writer but all are fake stuff. People here just read them & think they are real. Fellas this aint real. Real shiat happens in a way too different propaganda. Yet Girl I like your style. I adore you:)
Lisa3007 (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
Does anyone have any contact info for Ms. Shenny? I'd like to send her a private message.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-16)
That's really odd Shenny! There has got to be more to that then just noises and the Old Man! He was like Mr. Tomelson or soemthing... I don't know but I get a feeling of a name near that. Go back and spend another night. Ask for who's all there to show their presence. Have VPs and a video camrea digitail to help with stuff. Investigate at the 'Antique shop' more.LOL!
Best of luck,
cupcake10132
Abby (710 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
Dear Shenny,

Thank you for your reply. I understand fully, as we all have 3D physical lives and experiences to attend to. Without a doubt, I know you will do well on your third term exams. Please take good care of yourself as not to burn out afterwards. Yes, CSI will fit you to a capital "T" (tee). :) So, all the more reason, I will let you get back to studying and living your 3D physical life, so you can prepare yourself for a great future! :)

Best Wishes and Blessings, Abby
Shenny (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
Dear Abby,

I beg forgiveness from you as I have been studying for my 3rd term exams and I completely forgot about the internet. 😢
Thank you so much, for your very kind words. I am sorry once again.

I'll let you in on something I haven't told anyone... Yet but, I've always wanted to be a CSI 😊
It sounds weird, or ridiculous but I've always liked watching surgeries or murder mysteries since I was very young with my dad. While my mama would close her eyes and cover her face with a pillow 😆

Thank you so much for your comment, it means a LOT to me. Honestly, I'm not just saying this to make you smile, but I truly am. Thank you, once again so very much.

Take care and much love,
Shenny.
Abby (710 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-22)
Dear Shenny,

You are very much welcome. I apologize for my belated reply comment. I would like to thank you for your reply and answering my past questions, especially in regards to your Aunt and Uncle's work. It sounds like a very helpful, fascinating and well suited way of employment for both of them. You are very lucky to have such a loving family and with built-in adventure to boot. Yes, I am sure you will miss them greatly, but as you said, you will get to visit them every 2 months. Not to mention with all of today's technology of communication, you will all be well in touch with each other, on a daily basis if you wished. :)

I think in the future you may want to consider the same career as your Aunt and Uncle, especially since you have such a great head start. Yet, I still say you write remarkably well for someone of your age. Just Brilliant! :) I think your future looks brilliant too.

I have no doubts that you will succeed in all you put your mind to. Best wishes on your move and all will be well.

Blessings, Abby❤
Shenny (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-12)
Dear Ryan,

WELCOME TO YGS!
Thanks again for taking the time to read my stories, and commenting. I hope all's well,
please keep in touch,

Take care and much love,
Shenny. 😊
Shenny (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-12)
Dear Abby,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, even though belated I enjoy it very much, I think ygs is a great place. Well, I had a problem once too, I almost posted Shane's name instead of mine 😊 But now I've got the hang of it.

Thank you so very much for taking the time to read, and post such a beautiful comment.
I know, I owe my aunt and uncle very much, I wouldn't know what I would do without them.

I'm so very sorry for the late reply because I was out yesterday, I went to see my mama;(her grave that is) and well, something hapenned, I'll post it on my next story (hopefully) 😊

I'd like to tell you about my aunt and uncle; they're investigators, their section in investigating is mostly the paranormal section.(I'm sorry but I have no clue how you say it) And well, it's not part of our culture at all, it's just that since I was very, very little, I would watch horror movies which always have something to do with ghosts; I would watch them specially with my dad, while my mama would close her face with a pillow. 😆

And my dad owns a software company and since I was little he would teach me how to use the computer and now people think I'm really good at it, but I have a lot more to learn. So when I was about 5 I think, he taught me how to use the internet, (I used to have a web-locker so nothing bad would happen). I remember very well, the first site I ever went to on the net was www.barbie.com...well now if I tell my friends they would die of laughter because I'm known to be a tomboy LOL. And I still remember, the day I left for camp, my mum said I should stop being such a boy and wear girls clothes for once, and I remember my dad saying "Sweety, don't worry she'll grow out of it".LOL. Well back to my aunt and uncle, and anyway, I sooned learnt how to use google, then I found ghost pictures and what not, and I remember my uncle showing me which are real and which aren't.

Anyway, the first time I entered a haunted house here with my uncle and aunt was when I was 9 or 10 I think, I've always wanted to go with them since I used to watch that cartoon called ghost busters. :D And soon I was on my way to see haunted places and what not.

So that's my story. And well, my aunt and uncle have been doing this before they got married, they met by being partners in a few investigations. I don't think any of you ygs readers know, that Sri Lanka is the captain of suicide, as in we have the largest count of suicide, even though it's just an island that's the size of a dot on the world map, it's mostly the teenagers that commit suicide. And most of them have a hard time crossing over, and some can cross over but they don't want to. So that's where my aunt and uncle come in, and they solve murders if they're very bad. Otherwise it's just spirits and what not LOL. I'm sure going to miss them when I leave, but my dad promised that I could visit every 2 months, and I'm sure he'll keep his promise.

I hope I was helpful with even a little of what I just typed in, and a VERY BIG THANK YOU to you dearest Abby, thank you for your lovely words, I learnt a lot from what you said. I hope we can keep in touch. Until then,

Take care and much love,
Shenny.
CHINABOY5193 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-12)
Another great experience, damn I wish I was there

i am quite a recent addition to the paranormal scene.
as most of my life I havnt been able to come to ters with somthing so scrary as ghosts, entitys and other spirts.

but now I started, I'm hooked,

ty for posting
CHINABOY

😆 😆 😆
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-11)
Dear Shenny,

A belated welcome to ygs! :)

My how close your nickname is to Shane's and I have to look twice to make sure which one is which due to my fuzzy bi-focals. Don't worry, after a few double takes, I eventually figure the names out. ;) Yes, Shenara, and I do know the differences. Ha! Ha!

I must say for one so young you certainly have experienced your share of paranormal and life experiences, including the heart wrenching loss of your mother. My sympathies go out to you and your family.

Although, saddened to hear of your mother's tragic death and your father's unusual, reactive response to her death, you are blessed to have been put into the care of your Aunt and Uncle where you have no doubt been flourishing on all levels. Your many stories are good proof of this. Not to mention you have grown in many ways, within and without. You are most blessed, loved and cared for by all those on both sides. Of course, as in life, so in death, your mother watches over you with much love and affection. :)

There is no doubt in my mind that you can weather any storm and stand in your own truth. I only see you growing and getting better and more aware with every day that passes.

I would like to know a bit more about what it is your Aunt and Uncle do for their job exactly? Their profession sounds more like ghost investigators or hunters. Could you please tell myself and other readers more about their line of work. I would also like to know is it normal in your culture to bring children on such work assignments as your Aunt and Uncle do? Well, at least you have benefited from it by your ghostly experiences.

Thank you for writing, submitting and sharing all of your stories here on ygs, as well as for sharing your own personal, heartfelt story.

I think you are on your way to being a writer, and we already know you are well on your way to being a ghostbuster. :)

Remember, to thine own self be true.

Welcome and Blessings, Abby ❤
vickifigueroa (5 stories) (34 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
Wow...Intense story! What I would do to be able to get the chance to explore a haunted mansion. I can't believe that you just stood there while that old man came toward you. Let alone wheel his chair right through you! Thats some guts.
Shenny (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
Hey Bellissima!
Thanks for reading and commenting.
I just got up LOL.
It's 12 noon here. I had a bad dream I guess.

Anyways, Take care and much love,
Shenny.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-08)
Shenny, another great story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-08)
Hi, Shenny. You never disappoint! This was a really creepy story, for sure. I'm glad you and your family got things solved for the couple who own the house. I have to say- you are really lucky to have an Aunt and Uncle who are researchers of the paranormal, that would be absolutely fantastic! And that you get to go along, great! Pretty soon you'll be a pro. I can't believe the couple didn't associate the things that were happening with the story they knew about the old man dying there. They must have just needed re-assurance that they weren't insane and wanted your Aunt and Uncle to try to tell them how to get rid of their unwanted guest. Good luck with your adventures!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: