You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Someone Was Sitting In That Chair

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Was Sitting In That Chair

 

I have written previously about the house I grew up in, and it being a house that seemed to draw a lot of paranormal activity. This event happened to me when I was 15, at a time when I was quite open to what was happening in the house. I have changed names, but used them to make the story easier to follow.

I was up late in the living area of the home, it being school holidays. I had been surfing the internet, and my parents had gone to bed (although I'm sure they didn't expect me to still be awake on the computer at 3am, which was the last time I saw on the clock).

Not too long prior to this night, my Mum received a gift of an old armchair that belonged to my Great Aunt Lorraine. She had trouble sitting in the armchair as it was uncomfortable for her, but wanted to pass it on as it had actually belonged to her mother in law Neve (who had passed over). We had room in the house, so my Mum accepted the chair. I can't say that anyone loved sitting in it, it being quite uncomfortable, and so it sat directly behind the computer.

This night I was up late, I got the fright of my life when the family cat started to meow loudly. It was a horrible sounding meow, and I turned around to see her pawing at the chair, staring at something I could not see, and making this meow/ wailing sound. It suddenly felt like there was someone sitting in that chair, and I very quickly turned off the computer, grabbed the cat and ran to my room where it took me some time to fall asleep.

I was awoken suddenly in the daylight hours to a similar wailing sound like the cat had made. I ran out of my room to find that it was my mum crying, having just found out that Aunt Lorraine passed unexpectedly in her sleep that night. I believe she paid me a visit that night, and although I didn't see her I'm sure that our cat could.

Other hauntings by BiancaB

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BiancaB, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lilcat21310 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-06-09)
Hi BiancaB,
I've always believed cats could see spirits, this story gives me more proof. Also I'm sorry for the passing of your great aunt. I actually had a cat pass away a year ago and my family believes her spirit roams are house.

I agree with you that she wanted to see you even if you couldn't see her. I don't have anymore conclusions besides your great aunt wanted to visit you,
Lilliana
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-06-08)
Hi BiancaB

Firstly I'd like to offer my condolences on the passing of your aunt

I believe that your aunt did see you one last time, was she close to you and your mom?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-06-07)
If it got kitty's approval, then it was a good energy.

Did aunt Lorraine and the cat know each other? If so, did they like each other?

I agree with you, it seems like your aunt went to see you that night.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: