You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Fireplace And Grandma's Chair

Real Ghost Stories

The Fireplace And Grandma's Chair

 

I was only young when my Grandma died. Quite young. I don't have straight memories of her, but neither does it scare me when she visits me.

The fireplace

My Grandma left my mum and dad her house, so we were living there for the while. Being there helped me to remember her a bit. But in the living room was a fireplace and my grandma's chair that scared me. My parents would laugh, but I knew something was there. One night, I was only about 5, I woke up from having a accident in my bed. My parents told me to go get the bed sheets from the tumble-dryer. I walked downstairs. Now the kitchen (where the tumble dryer and washing machine is) is a corridor away from the place where the fireplace and Grandma's chair was. So in order to get to the kitchen I had to pass through the living room. So I tip-toed through the living room, and as I was half way through, the fire turned on. I went over and turned it of (its a electric fire). I walked towards the corridor again. The fire turned on again. I turned it off again. As I walked to the corridor like I had the other times before, the fireplace turned on again. I got angry this time and turned it off and said "Stop!" I went and got the bed-sheets and went back to bed.

Grandma's chair

I was 10 that year. My parents were next door visiting my neighbor, and I am a only child and because they were next door I was alone. Somehow, I was eager to sit in my Grandma's chair, but before I could get there somebody was there before me. Even though no one was there, you could see the imprints of somebody sitting there. Even I recall there being no imprints before.

It is a mystery to me who was there. Maybe it was Grandma, maybe it was someone who lived in that house before my Grandma and haunts that place.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ParanormalFreak181, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ParanormalFreak181 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-02)
bizzjoe, if you are willing to go on your own, then you should. If you've never been there before you never know if something paranormal is going to happen. 😕 It is best you take someone with you.
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
my first and only experience happened over 25 years ago & I think its time I had another one... I was thinking of going to the grave yard some night where my father is buried to take some pictures... Is it a good idea to go on my own?
ParanormalFreak181 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
sds, I haven't had any other encounters like them. I dident feel scared because I felt it was OK. Sorry I did not put this in the Text 😜
ParanormalFreak181 😊 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
Hello ParanormalFreak181, I think that it could be your grandma. Probably she was quite fond of you, when you were a kid, to visit you. But, did you ask your parents if they had any such experience like yours. You only narrated two incidents. But, recently, did you have any encounter like the one you described? Please try to ask your parents, well I think you can talk to them on this subject. You said that whenever your grandma visits you, you never felt scared. Means did you have any further encounters. Please keep us posted.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: