You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Humming Hitchrider

Real Ghost Stories

Humming Hitchrider

 

This is my first time to write and share some of the experiences I had from the past. I am not actually seeing ghosts but my other senses are active in feeling and hearing them. This one I'll share might not be that scary but I do hope you will still appreciate. This happens a year ago in some part in Laguna.

The incident happened while I was on my way home after a dinner out and a coffee with my boyfriend. Before reaching the toll gate, I have to take a long road from the place where we have eaten. It was already around 10 or 11pm as I have remembered. The first half of the road still have street lights up to the bridge. The road going down from the bridge before turning right to the road leading to the toll gate do not have any street lights. The only light you will have was from the headlights of the car that I am driving and fortunate if there's another car passing by. At those time of the night, you will rarely see cars passing that way (say 2 to 5 cars max only, sometimes only you).

While driving, I turned my radio volume up and sing along with the music being played not to get bored. Upon going down the bridge, I suddenly hear a different humming sound (like lullaby). At first, I ignored it thinking that it might just be a sound from outside since I am close to the expressway. But the sound did not stop. I have turned the volume down to check if the sound will still be heard and yes, it was. A lullaby hum from someone I don't know. I hesitate to look at my rear mirror for I might see who it was and I don't want to have an accident. I just calm myself and just say, "Please don't scare me. If you want to hitched a ride, it's ok. Just please let me be home safe."

After I have said that, the humming sound stopped, realizing that I am already in the expressway. I am thankful that I got home safe.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, curiousmind, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

_obsidianflame (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-11)
There are stories about bridges... Here in the Philippines it is an urban legend that bridges needs sacrifices, mostly human sacrifices (''alay'',to the people in luzon,''daga'' for visayans)...it is said that the sacrificial blood is splattered in the foundations of the bridge in order to make it stand for a long time, and withstand earthquakes... Some say ''salvage victims'' (sorry for the term its filipinism, it means murdered) are often thrown from d bridges... Anyway that's the story I have heard...
curiousmind (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-25)
Hi illumi_zoldyck - thanks for the advise. Next time I will do that as respect to them. BTW, where is your province?
curiousmind (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-25)
Hi RITACMW - I believe so it did not mean any harm to me and actually I got a little bit nervous that time but since I am used into hearing some of them, I was able to calm myself.
RitaCMW (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
You are a very level-headed person! I am sure most of us would not remain as calm as you. Speaking directly & respectfully to the humming entity was the right thing to do. As you surmise, I believe you picked up a hitch hiker who probably did not mean any harm.
illumi_zoldyck (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-24)
Hello, i'm from Philippines too. Unseen hitchrider was common in my province. They are often seen at the bridges, I don't know why. But thank God that you get home safely. Next time before passing on that road, be sure to honk.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: