You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Humming And Scratching Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Humming And Scratching Ghost

 

Scary true ghost story

Okay this story I have told a number of times over and over again to many people. It's a pretty good one though. I am not making any of this up although my memory is a little fuzzy.

I used to have a friend let's call her Jas. I was about 11 then; wow seems like a long time back. I still get a ball of nostalgia when I recall this event. We still talk now but the friendship spark died out a long time ago. Anyway, the first time I went round her house she told me about the ghost of a viscous old lady who had died on the street by her house. Jas says that when she gets angry she hums freakily. She also mentions that it's not that safe to be in the dark with this ghost as you are more vulnerable. By this time we were a little wound up and this happened a long time ago so it's going to be a little fuzzy. She was peeing in the bathroom and I am in the hallway in the dark. I'm fine but I suddenly hear this humming. At first I think it's the doddery old boiler Jas was telling me about but then as time progresses the hum becomes louder, more human, less machine-like.

"Jas let me in I think I'm going to see a ghost. I think I'm going to see a ghost," are roughly from my memory I think I said. I was getting scared at this time. I didn't want to see an apparition. Or get attacked by one. So Jas let's me in and I look away whilst she pees. Then we suddenly both hear this weird faint scratching noise on the back of the door. Jas and I are pretty shaken. The only logical explanation I could think of then was a mixture of the noises from the boiler and our imaginations. But when Jas's stepdad comes back he tells us that the boiler was never on. So whether that was a ghost or just our vivid imaginations I'll never know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Simple-Peg, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-27)
[at] Moongrim: huh...that's pretty interesting. But this story is about ghostly sounds, not apparitions. I read the article and it didn't mention sounds in it, just seeing blobs or things moving. Still, thanks for bringing that information to the table, even if it doesn't quite fit this story.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-27)
Or perhaps you got to experience some Infrasound... Research by Vic Tandy, a lecturer at Coventry University, suggested that an infrasonic signal of 19 Hz might be responsible for some ghost sightings.
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound#Suggested_relationship_to_ghost_sightings

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: