You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Can Someone Tell Me What It Is?

Real Ghost Stories

Can Someone Tell Me What It Is?

 

I've been an avid lurker and reader on this site and I just want to let you all know that I love this group or community as I see a lot of people are active and helpful especially on sharing insights or advices on people's experiences.

Ok first thing I want to introduce my self and and a quick background. I'm a Filipino-American and my experiences will most probably on my younger years when I was living the Philippines and some here in the US.

I have been sensitive to the paranormal especially on my teenage years.

I have one particular experience when I was I think around elementary days that baffles me until today and I would like someone to tell me their insights on what my experience was about.

It started one night I was awakened by a huge sound of thunder outside our house. It was raining and thundering when I noticed that it was only me and other 2 brothers in the room. We had two rooms back then. One room where me and other 3 brothers with my mom and dad sleeps. The second room is for our houseboy or helper. That night my parents are not home and my youngest brother wasn't with us in the room as well.

I got up from the bed and walked out of the room and tried to look for them. Mind you it was still thundering with flashes of lightning outside and our house is dimly lit by some lights in the kitchen.

As I walked towards our kitchen I saw our houseboy sitting Indian style in the middle of the kitchen staring at me with red glowing eyes. I wasn't afraid or anything since I don't know about ghosts or paranormal or such. It just strikes me as odd that he was sitting that way and staring at me while sitting still. I never paid attention so I ignored him and went back to our family bedroom and back to sleep.

Nothing happened to me that night but I did ask my parents when morning came where they went. They haven't answered my questions back then and kept quiet.

As for the helper I didn't ask him what he was doing since I thought he was just doing his thing that night minding his own business.

Now here's where it gets interesting. Maybe around a few years after that incident when I was a little bit older and since I still recall that day, I asked again my mom what happened that night.

This is their story that finally she told me.

Apparently that night my youngest brother got sick with really high fever. They called a tricycle cab (it's like a motorcycle but has a passenger side for mode of transportation when hired). Now my mom and dad with my youngest brother are finally going to the hospital, they noticed the man kept on going a different route, a longer route somewhat like avoiding the path through a church. We live on a subdivision where they have to pass through a church to get out of the subdivision but in this particular case this man went to the back road, away from the church to go to the hospital. It started raining and thundering then my mom prayed and was already annoyed at the driver and insisted to drive them to the hospital that instant.

They finally reached the hospital and when they were going to pay the fare, my parents looked at the driver and at one split second they noticed his face morphed into like a demon like being with a scary grin at them. My parents got shocked and prayed and went inside the hospital.

That was their story but I want to know if what happened to me that night is somewhat connected to what happened to my parents.

What did I see on the kitchen because I sure remember those red glowing eyes staring at me.

Please help answer my question. Thank you.

Other hauntings by DarriuxDarkk

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DarriuxDarkk, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-11-29)
Hi again Lealeigh,

Thank you for reading this particular story. This is the actual reason why I joined the site because this particular experience have been bothering me ever since I was a child. I do agree that the person himself who is abusive seems to be more evil than actual paranormal phenomenon going on or being possessed.

I am actually leaning more towards a non paranormal phenomenon on this particular story since I can't verify what my parents experienced. I am really certain though that my parents shared this story with me because I still remember the details of what transpired that night to them. I can't just make it up on my own like that. Especially I just realized right now, I do remember that my younger brother did really got hospitalized. I remember because when I was young we went to the hospital at one point to visit my younger brother, so with that detail of memory in me. I am fairly positive at one point in this story that I did wake up in the middle of the night only to find out that my parents and little brother was not home that time.

It also correlates to the story that now my mom doesn't want to verify anymore that my little brother did end up being hospitalized.

To the details about the demon morphing face of the man, that I will leave to whoever really knows the truth.

Thank you for sympathizing with my little brother especially on the abuse, I appreciate it. Also this little brother of mine is not the deaf/mute one. My little brother is still living as of today. My other brother who is deaf/mute passed away 2014. He was a really good brother. I believe he is in heaven and happy now as he sometimes makes me dream of him smiling and happy.

Thank you and God Bless.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-11-29)
Hello again!

I was jogging around the neighborhood. When I do that, I 'replay' all of my serious conversations of the day. It is something I can't control and it has always been a feature of my exercises. I try to always have headphones on so it doesn't look like I am talking to myself when, in fact, I am talking to myself.

Here comes my point: I was thinking about your brother who was burned. Was it the same brother who is also deaf/dumb? I remember this brother being mentioned in the story you submitted about the soldier's ghost.

If he is the same brother in both stories, then it is all the more despicable that he was abused by your family's helper. That is because he was abused by someone that knew he couldn't speak to it.

In my opinion, such a person is a far greater monster than a person who is possessed. A person who is possessed might possibly be saved.

I'm sorry for my long comment and I know that I shouldn't be fixated upon something that happened a long time ago. I was physically abused as a child and I remember the feeling of being helpless every day.

I am sure that what happened with your brother was a one time thing and he probably doesn't even remember what happened.

Best Wishes, Maria ❤
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-11-29)
DarriuxDarkk,

It's been a long time and now there is nothing that can be done to rectify the situation that happened between the helper and your little brother.

I have to say that I am at great odds with the way that your parents handled that situation. If a person caused such serious harm to a child and I knew of it, (I can't have children myself) I wouldn't rest until that person was known by the community to be a child abuser.

Accounts of child or animal abuse, whether they are in the past or the present, really set me off. I am not really trying to be critical of your parents.

I imagine that the helper probably was a teenager himself though. Like the others have said in the comments, there really is no way of knowing about the supernatural parts of this story. It was long ago and there are two perspectives going on in it.

Thank you for sharing your experience and best wishes to you!

- Maria ❤

PS: With this, I have just finished reading all of your stories. I have enjoyed them!
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-11)
RSAChick

I actually made an effort to ask my mom about it casually. She definitely thought I was weird for asking things that happened a long time ago lol.

Anyway this is what she told me. Apparently they decided to just fire him and let him leave our house. She didn't report it as abuse to local authorities.

She even asked me "why are you asking these questions? Are you going to find him and put him to jail?"

I just laughed at it and explained to her it was just a random thought. Well she I definitely weird her out.

I asked her about the demon face driver if it was also real, she just brushed it off saying it's just my imagination. I guess it wasn't real. I'm just confused though, how come I still remember that exact details of a story if she hasn't told me about it.

I don't what to believe anymore.
RSAChick (115 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-08-11)
Hi Darriux, it is possible that your helper was posessed, but impossible for anyone here to confirm or deny that. We can only speculate.

Any way that you could find out what happened to your helper after he was fired?

Is child abuse a criminal offense in the Philippines? Did your parents report him to the police?
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-09)
Thank you for giving some opinions. Yes I agree that maybe that helper of ours were probably just tired but it was just weird how he was sitting and staring at me that night.

Also that male helper of ours was abusive to us. I remember he used the flat Iron on my baby brother's skin (the one who got sick and went to the hospital) which resulted in 2nd degree burn with skin sloughing off on his right thigh. He also deliberately closed a door on me while my fingers were on the way. Needless to say he got fired because of that.

I just couldn't help but think maybe the things I saw that night maybe his evil side I don't know for sure, paranormal or not.

As for the story of my mother, I do agree I can't verify that for certain since I didn't experience it first hand.

It's just that, on that particular night, something was really off and weird which made an impact for me all this time.

Would it be possible that our helper was possessed by a demon?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-08-09)
Welcome to YGS.

Darriux, in my opinion, there's not enough information in your narrative as to say what you saw that night.

Just because the tricycle-cab operator didn't want to drive by the church doesn't mean that he was afraid/avoiding it, perhaps he knew that the road was impassable or unsafe under those conditions. As for "his face morphed into like a demon like being with a scary grin", -who could know for sure? What if he suffered from Tourette syndrome or some other medical condition that causes abnormal and uncontrolled facial expressions?

As for the houseboy's red eyes, perhaps he is the only one who knows the answer.

Since you consider yourself a sensitive, it's possible that the impressions and the feelings you registered at that moment hold the answer to your question. Maybe your parents asked him to stay awake and his eyes were blood shot for lack of sleep?

I don't think anyone could give you the correct answer, only opinions.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: