You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Debby

Real Ghost Stories

Debby

 

When I was a small child I had many imaginary friends. One was named morrow another was named Friday. But they were not weird at all because I knew that they were not real. There was one named Debby that scared me to death and I thought she was as real as the day is blue.

During my younger childhood we moved around a lot because my parents never really liked to stay in one spot. There was this one house where we stayed where I remember had the most activity. Well this spirit named "Debby" used to follow me around everywhere and scare the hell out of me.

The first time she showed up was in a friend of my mom's house. I was playing with my toys in another room while they played my mom's friend's (her name is crystal) boyfriend's (Jermaine) PlayStation. The story goes that I ran into the room they were playing in and started screaming "DEBBY! STOP! NO!" I was in tears. Jermaine went and checked the whole house and said that no one was there. Another time I was at my grandparents\' house (I wouldn't call it a house but a mansion) I was sitting on the couch with my mother watching TV. When I started screaming "DEBBY STOP! I DON'T WANT TO PLAY!" This happened many times after until my mom got tired of this and screamed over my sobs "DEBBY I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE OR WHAT YOU ARE BUT YOUR DEAD! LEAVE MY KID ALONE." It all stopped. No more screaming. No more crying. No more Debby.

That house was very creepy and was full of stuff that was unexplainable. My mom said she would wake up every morning at 5:00 am and stare that hallway where my room was. She felt that if she stared down there whatever it was that was trying to walk down the hallway would stop. In the basement of the house (where my uncle slept) we would get a very depressing, sad, and uneasy feeling.

We did some later research about the house and found out that the lady who lived there before us had a husband who died of cardiac arrest in the hallway where my mom used to stare down. Turns out he was very abusive towards his wife so she might have felt the spirit was evil. I need to know if Debby was really there. More to come.

Other hauntings by Perfecttime687

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Perfecttime687, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
Perfecttime687,
Oh...well that's kind of weird, I'm not sure what to say about that.
Perfecttime687 (6 stories) (9 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-13)
Sam-I remember her being a older though so it couldn't have been a little girl.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
Notjustme,
Thanks that did answer my question, I was just wondering because I don't get why certain people are more sensitive to paranormal or can see things that others can't. But anyway, thanks!
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
Sam - Sometimes children can see entities others cannot. And sometimes they make up friends if they don't have a mate to play with. So lol... It could be both I guess to answer your question 😕
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
I have a question are imaginary friends always created in a child's mind or does sometimes the "imaginary friend" find the child an only the child can see it (and I guess ing that's why they call it "imaginary" friend)?
I don't think debby was that women that died in that house because from what you said it sounds like a little girl, because she wanted to play. Do know why you had never wanted to play with her, did she do something bad?
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-28)
Looks, not loons... Pffffft... By two separate planes of energy, I mean, the denser physical, three dimensional plane, where we, sentient beings, exist... And the astral plane, the aetheric plane, realm of the disembodied, the elemental and spirit plane. Just thought to clarify that...
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-28)
Laughed out loud at the muffin top part... That's funny. As a kid, I had an imaginary friend, but how imaginary he truly was is definitely debatable... In retrospect, I without doubt, befriended a lonely spirit, something coherent enough to interact and be responsive to my attention. As an adult we were discussing our imaginary friends from childhood... And I piped up about ' Simon ' (mine) ... It occurred to me then, that he couldn't really have been imaginary... Unless his presence had been combined with a series of uncannily linked experiences... That spanned years. Sometimes, the presence of something paranormal is more credible and feasible than looking for a more mundane explanation. I have an innate pity for people who can't get their head around the idea of collision of two separate planes of energy. It's not even scientifically impossible. Imaginary friends. Ghosts. Dunno... I just reckon if it loons like a duck, and it walks like a duck, ay.
Ghosthunterdemon (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-26)
It feels like the ghost Debby was all alone and needed someone to communicate with although most sprits won't have enough power or more to say energy to speak or to show herself to the whole family or even tell you how she was feeling lighten up it won't haunt you unless you interact with it. Really it wants attention wants to be known by someone anyone and will go out its power to get what it wants
Perfecttime687 (6 stories) (9 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
I remember seeing her. I knew I had seen her many times but only once do I remember what she looks like. I remember she had black hair that was almost in a bob. She was older around her 50's, she had a muffin top and a black shirt with a red jacket. [at] Dip1904
Dip1904 (115 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-24)
hmm, this opens up possibilities of poltergeist activities or a specific spirit in action or a demon that is following you. Any recent update on your facts? [at] perfecttime687
Perfecttime687 (6 stories) (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
Elanoraemily-The story about the first time it happened I can't remeber but all of the times after that I remeber. And I researched our house not my grandparent's house. The house we researched is in Ohio where as my grandparents and my mom's friend's house is in West Virginia where I have lived for 10 years now.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-23)
Clarification- Do you have any memories of this? You said "the story goes", meaning it was likely told to you but before that, you said you remember it.

Also, which house did you research? In the story, you had experiences with this spirit in both your mother's house and your grandmother's house.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: