You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Digging Sound And The People In The Doorway

Real Ghost Stories

The Digging Sound And The People In The Doorway

 

As you guys have read in my previous stories, I am very sensitive to spirits. As a small child until now I have seen and heard many things. I live in a house that was built in the 1800s. It has 5 bedrooms including my room which is an attic. There have been many things that have happened there. This one, however, does not take place in my room but in my sister's.

We have been putting in insulation in our home to save money so I have not been able to sleep in my room. I was asleep in my sister's queen-sized bed with her and my other sister Layla. The power went out so there was no TV on at all through the house. I was halfway sleeping when I started hearing a digging sound coming from outside. I rose straight up and was wide awake. I turned on my phone and it just so happened to be pointed at the window. As soon at it turned on the digging sound stopped. I laid back down to try to sleep then it started up again. I looked outside (both windows) and saw nothing. Even down the street there was nothing. I laid back down and it started up again, this time even louder. So I decided to go into my mom and dad's room. After a while my mom kicked me out and as soon as I stepped into Brooklyn's room I heard it. I laid back down in her bed and then it sounded as if it were crawling up the house. Then it disappeared just like that.

One time I was laying in the floor in front of my mom's bed (with a pillow and blanket of course) when I heard two raspy voices say "Hello" then random image appeared in my mind. A couple standing in the doorway of my parents' room. They looked as if they were in black and white with a green tint. The woman looked like she was from the 1920s. She had a black skirt that came up to above her knees, a white button up shirt that tucked into her shirt and black wavy hair that came just under her ears. The man looked like a coal miner (our house was part of an old mining company house that was shut down in the 60s). He had a shirt that covered his wrists and some overalls with mining boots. He also had coal dust on his face. Then just like that they disappeared. I also heard a couple more whispers but couldn't make them out.

Another time is when my mom left me home alone to fix my hair and make up. She had to run to the store. While I was straightening my hair I heard someone stomping around upstairs. Then that "someone" started running up and down my bedroom stairs. Then (there is a switch upstairs to turn off the foyer light) turned off the foyer light. I went outside to sit of the porch after that.

I also I can do this weird thing. When me and my friends play the guess the number (or shape and color) I can close my eyes and see the number and 98% of the time I'm right. Sometimes I'll be sitting in class and be thinking randomly and someone will say what I was thinking. One time I was playing guess the number on the porch of our home with my sister and I couldn't guess her number because her friend kept showing up every time I closed my eyes. I told her and she stared at me in shock and said, "I was thinking about her." I also amazingly seen one of her memories. It wasn't an important one but it was still one of her older ones.

I need to know how I could see the ghost in the doorway. How can I do what I do with the shapes and colors and the memory and how come I can only see and hear these things but not my mom and dad. More to come.

Other hauntings by Perfecttime687

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Perfecttime687, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-09-22)
I agree with Miracles, that could have been an animal inside your walls. As for seeing things, you might be sensitive or as BadJuuJuu suggested a medium or psychic. Maybe do some research?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2014-09-17)
Perfecttime - I don't have any answers for anything but just a thought. The digging sound you heard may have been a mouse or rat in the walls.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-09-17)
You know, we have a sister site for psychic/medium experiences. The link is up at the top of the page. I think you might enjoy the community on that site, and they might be able to give the kind of answers you're wanting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: