You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Child Hood Homes Part 1

Real Ghost Stories

My Child Hood Homes Part 1

 

I was born in West Virginia and moved to Ohio with my mom and my step father. In 2005 we moved back to WV with my sister Carmen. This house was one that my grandparents rented out. It was a small 2 bedroom home in which me and my sister shared a room. One night I was about 5 and my sister was around 2 or 3 we shared a queen size bed, I woke up in the middle of the night to a shadow figure at the bottom of my bed. I woke up Carmen, she saw it and began to cry so I turned on the light. It was still there! We cried for our Mom and Dad but as soon as they stepped in there it disappeared.

Another time was when my Mom was pregnant with my second sister, Layla. We stayed home while my dad worked from 2:00 am until 11:00 pm. My mom was in her room while me and Carmen played in the living room when a cup came flying out of a closed cabinet! She rushed out of the bedroom and asked (basically screamed) "Why are you throwing cups? Haley Jade, you know better!" I told her it wasn't me a billion times she still always said "You go to hell for lying." That night my dad said he was staying in his Simi until early morning so my mom let us sleep in her bed. I was woken up by plates crashing on the kitchen floor. My mom woke up also and went into the kitchen (I followed) to see plates broken to pieces on the floor. As my mom put me back to sleep my dad's hats started flying out of the closet onto the bed and the TV turned onto static. We went to my grandparents house in 5 minutes.

After my Mom had Layla and another sister Brooklyn (thats a total of 4 kids.) We had bunk beds on 2 sides of the room. One night I was really sick so I switched to Layla's bed. I noticed she tossed and turned all night but I didn't think much about it. In the morning I was feeling a lot better so I joined Layla in the living room. She asked me "Can I have my bed back?" I kind of laughed and said "sure but why do you want it back?" She then replied "A ghost kept poking me and saying I wasn't you." I flipped out and wouldn't sleep for three days.

There are a lot more but I can't fit them in. We moved out when I was ten and when we show it to people to rent I always see the shadow figure and suggest if they have small children not to let them sleep alone and to this day my sisters remember this vividly even though they were like 4.

Other hauntings by Perfecttime687

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Perfecttime687, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-23)
Whoa! The one in the bed really gets me too. I would not want to experience that at four years old!
Perfecttime687 (6 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-14)
Thank you guys so much. And I have talked to them and that will be in my next story. But I talked to my grandmother (the one who lived there and did not rent it out) she had some interesting stories herself. My mom also lived there as a child and my great grandmother lived there with her for 14 years. My mom also has some childhood tales herself. I did do some research and it appears nothing has happened there. But if you guys want to do some feel free to. Oh and my grandfather has lived there as a child also and in the house next to it, they pretty much own the whole hillside. I'm working on the next story. 😆 😆 oh and yes I still have different things happen to me in different places.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-13)
You know I got mental picture of the whole cups flying Mom scene followed by the hats! Did you ever get a chance to research the area? Bet it's worth while. Thank you for the post. Good story and fun read. 😊
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
Have you checked to see if that place has a history now that you are older?
Do you still have these experiences now that you are older?
Have you and your sisters ever talked about your time at that house to see what they saw/remembered?

Interesting story can't wait to read more.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: