You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: The Clock

Real Ghost Stories

The Clock

 

I want to relate what happened when I was about 5 years old. I tried so many times to publish this story on other sites, but I couldn't, because my computer was shutting down automatically.

My grandmother loved to take me with her when she went to visits. I loved that too because I get something like candies, dolls, or other things for my age. One day she took me with her at her cousin's home. I will name her cousin Elena. So... My grandmother and Elena were in Elena's room talking about the death of Elena's father. I wasn't passionate of the topic, so I went in the garden.

I was playing with Elena's dog when I heard someone calling out my name. I run to the room when my grandmother and Elena were talking and I asked them who called me. They said that they didn't so I left them talking further. I went to the bathroom. After I get out, I saw a very big clock on the hall. I was staring at it and then I saw that something like steam began to get out of the clock. The steam made a silhouette. I figured out that the silhouette was a man. He asked me something like 'How are you?' I was just a child. I didn't know what a ghost is so I asnwered something like 'I'm fine.'

I went to my grandmother and I told her that a man spoke to me. I also told her that he came out of the clock. She was staring shocked at me and I started laughing. I told her to come with me to see the man. She came with me, but the silhouette wasn't there anymore. She told me that I imagined everything and that there wasn't anybody.

After a few days, my grandmother showed me some pictures of Elena's father. When I saw the pictures I remained speechless. Elena's father was the man that I talked to, that pretty scary solhouette. I mean, at that moment, the silhouette wasn't scary at all. Now, when I am thinking about this, I figure out that I am really afraid of that happening.

Sorry for my bad grammar.

Other hauntings by LexzOnne

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LexzOnne, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LexzOnne (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-26)
He was like a man. I could clearly see his mouth. His face was the single part that looked like a human one.
paramorphine (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
Your grammar was great, and the story was easy to understand. So creepy that he came from the clock! Did you see a hole for a mouth when he spoke to you, or did the voice just come from the direction of the steam? Or maybe it was telepathic?
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-06)
Hello Lexz

I liked your story...! Its something different.
A totally different experience that I came across. How sweet of Elena's father's spirit that he communicated with you in such a tender way by asking how you are... I think there is no point of getting scared for you now. You experienced it when you were a kid, and I do not think he meant to hurt or scare you.

Thanks to share.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
Your grammar is far better than most native English speakers, including mine.:)

I really like this story. Since the other's dismissed it, is it fair to say that they didn't (don't) believe in ghosts? That might be why he decided to show himself to you. Your mind, especially at a young age, was likely more open to the experience.
Mirceaa (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
You don't have any reasons to be scared! I think it's pretty amazing you saw Elena's father! Not so many people get to see what you saw! Greetings from Romania also!
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-05)
lady-glow, Your comment is very nice... I am totally agree with you.

[at] LexzOnne You have such a beautiful experience at age of 5... Thanks for sharing... ❤
TheKissOfDawnHuddy (7 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-03)
Wow.
A) Your grammar is perfectly understandable.
B) My grammar is not that good at all.
C) To your story: Well, it's showing that our perception is still pure to some point in our lives.
When we're really young we've not learned or mis-learned what is the 'norm'.
Later in life most people will say to a child 'everyone knows...that...:there can't be something like a ghost because our world is solid' in this place & will probably call you 'mad'.
The world as we percieve it is not solid at all.
It's made out of atoms and they have no solidity.
Everything is (one) energy/consciousness.
Most people kind of forgot & forget that when they are raised in this world.
But then they are scared and shocked (quite funny) when something 'out of the norm' (for them at least) happens.
Even time is an illusion.

Nothing can hurt you now.
Don't be scared lil' LexzOnne. Greetings to 'Transilvania' from Germany. 😊
Much love
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-03)
Lexz: your story is fascinating!
I think Elena's father was still around and wanted to welcome you to the house.
Do not be afraid, if anything, you have been lucky seen a proof that life do not end with death.
Thanks for sharing and welcome to YGS.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: