You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: 3 O'clock Paralysis

Real Ghost Stories

3 O'clock Paralysis

 

I'm a 16 year old girl. I went over to this house that my brother and his girlfriend are house sitting, and they told me that its haunted. I was kind of sketched out considering I've had a lot of experiences with ghosts. I fell asleep on the couch and then got moved into the Parents room, we all slept in the king sized bed. I woke up from a deep sleep around 3 O'clock in the morning. I slept near the edge of the bed while my brother laid in the middle. I looked forward as I was laying on my side and I noticed that the curtain was moving by the slide glass door, and there was no heater vent near it.

I rolled over and was trying to think of positive things as I tried to go back to sleep. I was thinking about my boyfriend, and then I thought to myself "I just need to go to sleep." I fell into the deepest sleep ever within seconds my body felt motionless but my mind was wide awake. I was freaking out in my head and had to force myself as hard as I could to open my eyes and move my arm to wake up my brother.

I jumped and woke up my brother and explained what happened and said that I was scared and he said he couldn't sleep neither, We both heard banging from the living room and up stairs but the dog was sleeping on the bed in our room... So I asked for the remote... I turned on the tv and fell asleep to The Muppet movie. THAT WAS THE SCARIEST THING EVER! Someone explain to me what happened! Please?!?!?!?...Explain with details, has that happened to you? There has to be somewhere out there that could help me! Can't there?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, swood11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DreamInBlue (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-24)
I felt the same thing when I was 15 or 16. I woke up and wanted to get out of bed but I couldn't move at all. I was fully conscious and tried so hard to move but couldnt. I laid there trying to figure out what was going on and within minutes I could move again. It happened only this one time but I don't think it was paranormal. This happened after I fell into a really deep sleep after being sick all day. I hope it will just be a one time thing for you too.
kayla-bowdo (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-21)
You were in a house that you were unfamiliar with so you were more likely to feel that sort of energy!
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
You were in an unfamiliar house you were informed was haunted. From the information provided, I can't conclude this was anything more than an over-active imagination at work, coupled with some kind of altered sleep state that may or may not have been sleep-paralysis. I've been in similar heightened states of fear when alone at night where I am frequently opening my eyes to see if anything is there and see all kinds of weird stuff that is just my eyes and brain playing tricks on my wearied brain. I have also frequently had the sensation of falling or dropping in these situations and then waking with a start unsure of whether I was even asleep or not because it felt like my mind never turned off. As for the curtain and noise, again, this is a house with which you were unfamiliar. Every house has its random drafts and odd noises. Banging can be caused by any number of perfectly normal and harmless things.
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
Please, say nothing of 3am here, they do not like to hear about it here, Just a friendly warning, I have had the same thing, but in the daytime, I called them daymares or so, it has everything to do with sleep and what not - the mind can go to town, so to say and we are along for the ride, not always a good thing. But yes I do know what you are talking about and I do understand - just hang in there.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
Um ok, is it the sleep paralysis you're asking for help with? Sleep paralysis is a pretty common event. Alot of people, myself included, don't consider SP to be paranormal event. Your brain releases chemicals when you sleep to hold you still so that you don't act out your dreams and hurt yourself. Sleep paralysis happens when your mind starts waking up before your body. It seems to be triggered by sleeping on the back or stomach, although an unusual sleeping arrangement can trigger it as well. Sleeping in a strange house, in a strange bed, with two other people seems like it would count as an unusual sleeping arrangement.
Or is it the banging noises you're looking for help with? Did anyone investigate the noises? I realize you mention the dog's whereabouts were accounted for, but was there anything else that could have made the noises? Was anything out of place? Was no one even remotely concerned about an intruder? Please say someone checked out the noise. 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: