You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Banging Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Banging Spirit

 

This is my first story here. I got inspired with one of the stories here and decided to submit mine. When I was 9 or 10 years old, my family travelled to France. In Paris. As a kid I was very excited. We booked 2 rooms one for my parents and younger brother and the other for my sister and me. My sister is 3 years older than me. We were widely awake at that time and were listening to songs on her mobile.

Okay now, some one knocked at the door. We ignored because we never heard it. Then the door started to bang. I got up and opened the door just to find no one outside. I called "Um...Sarah! No one here." This was enough for my sister. She replied, "I am not in a mood of jokes Afifa." She got up and came to the door and I knew she was as shocked as I was.

We both ran to our parents' room and started banging. To our surprise no one opened the door. We spent 15 minutes banging on their door and as no one opened we ran back to our room and locked ourselves in. I have read here that demons block noise but it was not a demon just a spirit who banged on a door. But we were wrong. The T.V turned on by itself. Then the channels changed randomly. This stopped and then the T.V turned off. We were in our blanket the whole time quietly reciting the prayers we had ever come across. Some noises started coming from the washroom. Noises like the toilet was flushed and the hand shower fell on the floor.

However Sarah and I drifted off to sleep. I know you all are wondering how did we sleep in such a situation but we just slept. Next morning we were woken up by my mom. We asked her that why you didn't open the door while we were banging it so loudly. Guess what she replied?...She replied, "What are you two talking about?" After hearing this we were scared stiff and said all we experienced last night. My parents decided to leave France as soon as possible. We got the tickets and returned to Pakistan.

Sorry for my English as it's not my first language. All I want to know is what was this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, feefoo222, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

feefoo222 (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
Ifihadyoux:
I agree on the TV thing but if my parents were in a deep sleep then what about other guests staying over there?

Mandyynicole:
Thanks for your suggestion.

Sds:
I respect your opinion and I won't mind anyone not accepting that the story is real. Every one have their own opinions. 😊 😕
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-13)
Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if you did encounter a spirit. Paris is so old, and I googled the hotel, it looks old too and is apparently full of antiques. I can't say for sure whether what happened to you is paranormal or not (see others' suggestions), but as I said, it certainly wouldn't surprise me.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-13)
Can I just say I am jealous you are french and could actually travel to Paris? That's my life long dream, thanks to Le Fantom De L'Opera [took a lot of french, not an expert but you know.] I will try to not use any slang so you can understand the text better.

To me, the knocks could have been someone playing a trick on you and your parents could just have been in a deep sleep to the point that they did not hear you.

The television turning on by itself could have been a not well working electrical wire since it is in Paris and the city is very old. I am sure a lot of those buildings had to be turned inside out to be wired with electricity and it is plausible that they could not have been set up correctly. The same would apply for the channels changing randomly. Were either one of you sitting on the remote control or was one of the buttons stuck on the remote?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-13)
Hi, it is quite difficult to accept this as paranormal experience as it had happened. I agree with every one commencing from lady-glow about the questions that are hanging in this write-up. Quite difficult to get myself convinced that this had actually happened. Nothing to offend. Just my point of view.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
feefoo222 (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-13)
I guess you haven't read the comments mollicalazzaro
My sister heard it not me, that's why I mentioned it in the story.
MOLLICALAZZARO (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-12)
Agree with other posts. How can we believe the veracity of this story when you claim there was a knock at the door without you hearing it. This may be stating the obvious but how can you hear a knock at the door if you didn't hear it.
feefoo222 (1 stories) (24 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-12)
Yeah the name of the hotel. Thanks to my MOM.
"Pavillon de la Reine"
feefoo222 (1 stories) (24 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-01-12)
Yeah I assumed it and Sarah sweared that she heard the knock but never opened the door because she thought that it was her imagination as I never mentioned hearing any thing...
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-12)
"of course no one will bang at the door without slightly knocking." So you assumed they knocked and that is why you didn't hear it?
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-12)
I echo what lady-glow said and asked.
"...some one knocked at the door. We ignored because we never heard it..." did you mean later you found out someone had tried to knock on your door, example, like a room cleaner?
feefoo222 (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-12)
Yeah I was also confused waking up the other morning...
I answered Lady-glow's questions
I agree on the TV part but the hand shower was tightly held. Sarah used the washroom last time I guess.
She totally remembered that the hand shower was tightly held in place last time...
feefoo222 (1 stories) (24 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-01-12)
of course no one will bang at the door without slightly knocking.
No that's the strangest part no one heard any thing or they would have complained.
No I was very young I don't remember
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-12)
I am also confused by you saying someone knocked and then saying that you did not hear it and the other point that lady-glow mentioned.

Tv's turning on from mixed signals in hotels is actually common. Most hotels buy all the same brand of TVs and remotes for the entire hotel. Because of this, sometimes other remotes can actually control more than one TV in the hotel. I had a neighbor who had the same TV as me and he could do that with my TV. It was pretty freaky the first few times before we figured out what was going on. Because of this, it's hard to label that as purely paranormal.

Since it was a hotel, it's pretty easy to assume you were hearing your neighboring guests use their bathrooms. If you were freaked out and listening to every sound, it's not surprising that you would assume it was coming from your room.

How was the hand shower held up? Mine falls all the time if I don't put it back properly. A door closing in the hallway could have created enough vibrations to knock it down if it was not properly secured. I also sell these things at my current job.

I am wondering how you managed to sleep if so many sounds and things were happening...
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+6
9 years ago (2015-01-12)
"...some one knocked at the door. We ignored because we never heard it..."
If you didn't hear the knock, -how can you be sure it happened? 🤔

"...spent 15 minutes banging on their door..." -Did any of the other guests ever complain about the noise you girls were doing?

Do you remember the name of the hotel your family stayed at in Paris?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: