You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Banging Screamy Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Banging Screamy Ghost

 

While doing some research on pluming, I realized that we actually had another really obnoxious ghost move in after the "stoner ghost" left. Which also raises the question as to how much work do some spirits do by way of guidance, protection, and just plain reminding other spirits not to be rude.

While our quiet smiling "stoner dude" was hanging around, everyone in our building was aware of other spirits moving around, ie; lights turning off and on, energy being felt, sightings, and regular noises and groaning. Most of them were gentle and we kind of liked having them. Well, we had - what I'd assumed to be a problem with our plumbing pipes - a terrible banging and what sounded like screaming. I do mean screaming. It would start with Aaahhhaaa then bang, bang, bang, bang! And it would most often end as abruptly as it started.

Since I'd cleaned in older buildings with boiler heat, I was always sure this was the same kind of noise those old boiler pipes make. It's loud and crazy. The stoner dude was a gentle soul, and when he left, we all were in on a grand goodby kind of thought. Then all of a sudden, the screaming pipes started going with energy! Non stop... Off the chain... Screaming/banging... Wall shaking. All hours of the day or night. They used to stop at 10:00PM. Really, spot on. People commented on it. "At least the terrible noise stops at ten, thank God. Wonder why?" But now it went on all night. Or it would be quiet until we fell asleep, then at two AM -aaaahhhhbam bam bam bam bam! You could hear the neighbors jerking awake and cursing. It was really bad. Hence the plumbing information search.

I thought I'd research a bit before calling the maintenance man. Do you know, plumbing pipes only make noise when they are running and changing temperature. They groan and bang when there is a cracked or otherwise compromised system only while in use. Other than that they are silent. So the next time all of us were outside together, and the topic of the screaming pipes came up, and I mentioned the information I gathered, I received a huge round of "See, I told you so!"

I mentioned before that we're the hippie state capital in that hillside, all of us musicians, and bleeding hearts and artists. They figured the stoner dude was doing what all stoner dudes do and telling more obnoxious spirits "whoa, that's not cool." I really don't know for sure, but it did seem that all the wild behavior became out of control when he left. And a dog left with him. We had a beautiful ghost golden retriever that would pop in and out of view, and no one has seen it since stoner dude left.

Anyway, everyone busted out the sage, Nag Champa, and holy water. I did Rook's cleansing all over the grounds, and we haven't had a problem since. Not a sound. So I wonder there's something to be said for the idea that some spirits become guardians or Bodhisattva or any number of other names we have for interesting beings all around us.

Other hauntings by Swimsinfire

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Swimsinfire, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bookmonstercats (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-12)
We had to call a priest in to cleanse our house of a nasty entity that had started to behave badly, especially towards my husband, who claimed that something had tried to push him down the stairs. It was only after the thing was gone that my daughter told me that whatever it was used to bounce around her en-suite bathroom at night. However, a shadow figure of a "lady" used to come out of the bathroom and stay by her bed while all this was going on. My daughter knew it was not a real person, but something that took the form of a woman. Oddly, she/it appeared to be in a wheelchair and had no fingers or face. She made my daughter feel safe and enabled her to sleep. I asked the priest to get rid of all the entities we had, even benign. My daughter actually misses her "lady". I have assured her that her lady is now looking after and protecting some other little boy or girl who is being tormented by something evil. So there are protector spirits, thank goodness.
buthaya (8 stories) (41 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-11)
Swimsinfire
I like your story. But do you know the word "Bodhisattva" refers in Buddhism to Lord Buddha? In Buddhism, only he can be called as Bodhisattva. That means the enlightened (bodhi) being (sattva). And yes, not all ghosts are evil. Sometimes if they have enough power they can keep others from doing anything or invite others. My advise is to keep doing the cleansing once a year.
Khizie (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
it's nice to read stories with a good ghost like stoner guy and his dog. Hopefully they have passed onto the nest life;)
This is a nice story...
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
Yeah, I miss him. He wa such a gentle guy. While he still visited inside the apartment, he used to pace back and fourth and you could see the energy haze, and the slight shadow on the kitchen light in and out. So I asked him once to quit pacing because it was anoying, and he did, and sat down by my son! My sonsaid he could feel the energy beside him. I really believe he was a moderating influence on the other spirits here, because they went gonzo when he left.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
ya Green party! And thanks for the read. I miss stoner dude already and I didn't even know him. If ever I see an entity I hope he's a stoner.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
Oh, and screamy just sounded mad. I don't know what. And I can't give green arows to Ifihadyou, my phone is antisocial. Greens to EVERYBODY! And thankyou Rook!
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
Yeah the stoner always came to visit my dog, that's when we saw him. He definately was good with dogs. But I never saw the ghost retriever with him together. My dog is off leash beside me most of the time, and we would see ghost retriever just with us for a moment while we walked. I love that thought as well, that our friendships are forever, or maybe they met in the afterlife.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
Swims,
I wonder if the dog was perhaps with the stoner dude in life? I've no proof of course, but I do like the idea that a friendship forged on this plane could continue onto the next.
Kudos to you for investigating non-paranormal reasons with the plumbing sounds! Loved this account!
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
Aw, I like this story. The title made me laugh too, "screamy ghost", lol, my son calls his little brother "screamy".
I wonder if your screamy was trying to get some help moving on? I'm glad it's stopped though, because how obnoxious!

And also, may I just say, I am extremely jealous of wherever you live. It sounds awesome.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
SEE ROOK?!? YOU'RE FAMOUS IN THIS STORY TOO! Ka wink wink wink

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: