You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Smokey Face

Real Ghost Stories

Smokey Face

 

I don't want to start off by saying "I never believed in ghosts." I was always one who speculated between the existence of the paranormal versus fantasy. My biggest encounter happened about 2 and a half years ago. It was a one time encounter, but I feel as though little things happen to show me that I'm not alone.

One night during the summer of 2012, I was on the phone with a boyfriend I was with at the time. We were talking about random things like we always did. It was 4 in the morning and I decided to go outside for a smoke. I went on my back porch, which was just a very small deck and steps. I sat on the top deck, and lit up a cigarette. I was facing down towards the steps while I was still on the phone. I remember that I closed my eyes for a second, and when I opened them this smoke-like face pushed itself into my face. I could see eyes, nose, lips, and the facial expression of evil. I gasped and said "Oh my god!" As the face pushed itself through my own, I heard this low growl. It wasn't loud or angry but almost as if it was a sigh.

It scared me so bad that I jerked my body back and fell against the wooden porch. My boyfriend at the time continued to ask me what was wrong until I calmed down. I was trying to make sense of what had happened. I was trying to debunk it by the cigarette smoke, but the smokey-like cloud was as gray as thundering clouds, whereas cigarette smoke is bluish white. I don't think I could ever forget that face

After 2 years I ended up moving to Arkansas to be with another guy in the military. We stayed at an apartment close to his base. After a few months there, I felt that I was being watched all the time. The apartment was hardly ever empty of people considering there was four of us living there, but I liked staying in the bedroom alone.

At this one time, I had this overwhelming feeling in the middle of the night after I woke up. I could feel a cold presence in the room and I began to get terrified. I lifted my head up to see if anything was in there that I could see, and I heard the spring door stopper in the wall get struck, as if it were bent back and released. It made a loud metallic sound as it shook. The door was closed, but started to creak open.

My boyfriend at the time was in the living room at his computer work station. I was afraid to speak or move because I had the mindset that acknowledging the spirits would make them more active. I just took a deep breath and got up out of the bed and ran into the living room. I explained to my boyfriend that there was something in there and I didn't want to go back to bed alone. And of course like most men, he played it off as some joke and told me to just go back to sleep.

Another night, as I was in the bathroom in the master bedroom. I was brushing my teeth, and in the mirror I thought I saw something move. I turned behind me to see nothing was there. I walked into the bedroom and did a quick peak around and heard something fall off my boyfriend's gun safe behind me. A bottle of water was in the floor next to it, which had been on that safe for a few days.

Now, the first encounter can be debunked as cigarette smoke, but the face was too distinguishable for me to just make an excuse for it. The second encounter could be debunked by the door stopper. No one hardly ever looks at a door stopper because it's usually behind doors. It could have already been stuck against something and then broke free due to the increasing pressure in the spring. The third encounter could be debunked because of the weight distribution throughout the room, but I thought I had saw something move before that when I was in the bathroom.

But honestly I believe it was all due to spiritual encounters.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sce93, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sce93 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-13)
sds- No I haven't had any experiences since I came back to Ky. I can't really remember what the energy was like because it all happened so fast. There were no vents outside or anything that caused dark smoke. I had the porch light on so it wouldn't be so dark when I was outside. The experience happened in less than 3 seconds, and yes I was scared. It was hard for me to feel any positive or negative energies because my own emotions were overwhelming the energy around me. The other 2 experiences I couldn't feel any negative energies but I felt something of just presence. It was almost as if something wanted me to know it was there. I didn't feel anything evil or harmful but it felt as if it was just wanting attention.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-13)
Hi sce93, that is an interesting read. But I feel that something is present. May be trying to catch your attention, though. But the second and third incidents that you have explained have nothing to do with the entity or spirit trying to harm you in anyway. I think you were a bit scared ain't it? The first one, I feel is different from the second and third entities. Elnora is right. Are there any vents nearby where you were sitting, which could give out thick smoke? But to be sure that one entity is good or evil, it is your first gut feeling that matters. What was it when you had the experience in the mid of the night apart from being scared. If it is negative, then in all probability it would be a negative entity. Anyway it is good that you no longer stay there. But do you still have any experiences like that? If so, please do let us know.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to YGS.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
sce93 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-12)
Wish-not
I felt the debunking them would provide other reasons that could've caused them. I've had another experience but it could EASILY be debunked by something else other than the paranormal which is why I didn't put it in with this story.
Me and that guy broke up, and I moved back to Ky. We still talk though. He is stationed at Little Rock Air Force Base.

Elnoraemily
Thanks for your comment, and it's like you said, I can explain but can't at the same time haha
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-12)
Typically, cigarette smoke is not thick enough to have that effect, especially outside. While it's possible, I am definitely having a hard time debunking that as cigarette smoke as well- I smoked for about ten years until about three months ago. I don't suppose there was a vent near you of some sort or anything that could generate steam/smoke/exhaust?

That is also one of my phobias- that if I do have an experience, it will be jumpy and in-my-face like this one.

Your debunking thoughts are pretty valid and they do make sense. It just adds up to a lot of coincidences. However, the door stop one is very odd to me. I don't know how often those springs get stuck, but it's definitely a very obvious sound. Hmm.

I think I am 50/50 on this. You can explain it but cannot explain it at the same time.

Thank you for sharing, it was a very nice read.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-12)
sce93- welcome to YGS, all of these are curious events. I do admire your sense to debunk each one. All are credible debunks. I wonder why you heard the sound from the smoke face?

I live in AR and know of haunted military bases in the state. Do you mind me asking which base your boyfriend was stationed?

Thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: