You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: There Is A Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

There Is A Shadow

 

I have an experience to share with the people here, first let me give a small introduction about myself. I'm a 43 year old woman from Lancashire, England. I moved to Edinburgh in my 20s with my husband. We bought a three story house in one of the suburbs there but the moment I stepped in that nuisance house, I knew something was different here. There was something abnormal here.

Our room was located on the first floor, just near the staircase and after a month of getting the house repaired and having our things moved in, we finally settled down. The first time I experienced something was around 2 am in the night. I was watching a horror movie with my friends, around 2:30 am they left. I was cleaning up when I heard a little girl laugh. I was shocked but not scared, this was repeated three times and on the fourth occurrence, I decided to check out what or who this was. As I stepped on the stairs, I heard this weird crying sound, the voice of a little girl, coming from the kitchen. I was scared. I was spooked. I went to check it out, only to find the back door open and the water tap flowing. I shut the door and the tap and checked upstairs. It was nobody at all. I wanted to tell my husband but I didn't. I slept and by 4:00 am, my husband was back home. I knew it because that's when I woke up to something watching me.

I was having am amazing sleep when I felt something light and ticklish touching me all over my body. I felt it was my husband and asked if he was doing it only to find out he was fast asleep. I woke up and saw this extremely weird black shadow with deep red eyes staring right into my eyes. It was grinning at me. I was very shocked and scared. I woke my husband up and he said he saw nothing. This kept on going for 2 years and 5 months, until one day when my husband and I were watching a movie and he heard a girl's and a man's voices. He asked me if I heard it but I hadn't heard anything. He told me to stay down and he went upstairs to look. He came running down after 5 minutes and told me, "We have no time, we're leaving this house, right now." We both got out of the house and we went straight to his cousin's house.

He told me that when he went upstairs, he found a girl and a man laughing and joking and when he went in, they turned to look at him, their eyes we're pitch black and they had a huge grin on his face and suddenly they disappeared. That's when he knew something was wrong here and instantly left with me.

After that, for about 12 years, nothing happened but when I turned 38, I started seeing the SAME shadows again. I still see them. Sometimes in my daughters' room, sometimes in mine, sometimes I see a pair of red eyes staring at me and once someone touched my back while I was bathing. Funny thing is, I was all alone.

I don't know what to do because these things are driving me crazy. I know this sounds hard to believe but I swear this is all true. I'm confused and extremely scared. I need help from someone. Please help me out here. Also, I'd noted down everything in my diary that's how I remember all this. Any help is appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sia1234, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RazersharpShadow191 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-07)
I believe that when you were in that house the spirits attached its self to you. I think you should go and find help. If it works that's good. If it doesn't try to communicate with them. They might need help.
migelito23 (32 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-07)
The best thing is to move out of that house, because
Those spirits can be wondering after all this time. Thanks
For sharing your story with us its really scary and spooky
. The most interesting part is when your husband saw
The ghostman and the ghost girl staring at him with
Their scary ghost looks.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-27)
Hello:
If you do attempt a house cleansing, many attest that they should be done periodically.
It may differ in individual cases, but I'm sure there probably are standards if you care to do some online research. Or, you can contact Rookdygin as I'm sure he probably knows. It is a good thing that the entities have not bothered you much in the many years you have lived there, or tried to harm you. But they do sound VERY creepy, to say the least. I know I wouldn't feel comfortable with them in my house. Being raised Catholic, I would probably enlist the help of a priest knowledgeable in hauntings. But that's just me. If you are from a Christian background, the St. Michael prayer can't hurt. There are also cleansing rituals that are often used in conjunction with it.
Blessings,
Lynev
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-27)
Hi there Sia and welcome, though sorry for the circumstances.

There is a member of this site 'Rook' Rookdygin who has a brilliant home cleansing method on his profile. Here's the link:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

I have recently had some very unwanted trouble and can attest that Rook's method REALLY works! Many others will tell you the same. So please do check it out.

I haven't had much in the way of shadow experiences but have read about many on this site. Including red eyes, this seems to be a common entity. No idea what they are or if they are good, bad, or indifferent. Whatever their bag if you're driven to your wits end and want them gone do look into cleansing rituals. Rook's is a good and thorough one.

Please let us know how you get on with this. It's perhaps a blessing your husband saw what he did because now you're in it together, instead of just one of you experiencing. This is actually a good sign.
It leads me to wonder about the context of what your husband saw. The disappearing act, if your husband thought it to be a 'threatening' disappearance or a reaction to 'surprise'. Kind of like:
"here we are having a jolly old chat in this couples house la de dah. Oh crap, there's the husband! Quick hide!"

I think Griff raises some great points. There are details in your accounts that indicate it might not be as negative as you would think. 😊
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-27)
Hi sia1234, welcome to YGS.

Firstly, these 'entities' seem to be around, but don't seem to touch you other that tickle you, so after over 12 years, this is a good sign. Although understandably it must be scary.

I am in no way an expert, and my advice is purely on a 'what I would do' common sense vein, but I think the shadow and the girl & man are linked, perhaps even one and the same. I would start by cleansing your home, there are members of this site who would be able to help you better than myself with this.

You say you have a daughter, can I ask how old she is? I ask because its believed that adolescent children / teenagers create a lot of energy, and this 'thing' you see could feed off this and get stronger as a result, hopefully not, but I think its something worth knowing.

Anyways, I hope if my ramblings are of no help, then someone more experienced in this situation will be able to help more.

Please keep us updated and you have come to the right place 😉
sage150 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
This is certainly a frightening experience. When you see this and feel frightened say this prayer:

St. Michael the Archangel,
Defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host-by the Divine Power if God- cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits, who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen
ashar123 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
Very freaky story. It just gave me shivers. I can feel the terror you face because I have also been through paranormal experience. In think you should ask help from a church. I don't know much about Christianity but I think this should work.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: