You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: My Experience With John Edwards

Real Ghost Stories

My Experience With John Edwards

 

About 4 months ago my phone rang... It was my mother. I answer like normal. "Sonja, guess what?!?" What mom? "John Edwards is coming to Oklahoma City. Remember you promised me when you were 16 you would take me." I kind of just laughed it off and we finished with our conversation.

I got to thinking and pondering on if we should really go or not. I came into a small amount of extra money that I could spend freely, so I bought the tickets and didn't tell my mom about it. About a week before the event, I couldn't hold it back any longer from her and told her we were going.

The Tuesday before the show, I went on suspension at work for false accusations being made against me. So I was in a downer mood most of the week leading up to the show. I told my mom when we are standing in line, don't talk about our past relatives or friends, being a skeptic as there has been some rumors about John Edwards being a fake and having scouts and such in the line.

We get there and there was a semi-long line waiting. Closer to the show, they handed out these little post cards for if you wanted to sign up for his newsletter. I'm like oh well what the heck I like the postings he makes on facebook, so I go ahead and put the information on the card. Alls it asks for is name, address, telephone number, email. You wait until they are taking your tickets, for this they randomly pick 5 of those cards that gets to ask John their questions first.

John Edwards comes out and gives his introduction and so forth, after that they picked the 5 cards... Guess who's name was called... Yup MINE.

So the lady that they called out first, asked her question. Then it was my turn... I was freaking out... I didn't know what to ask this man. So, he mentioned the book "Many Lives, Many Masters" I absolutely LOVE this book. So I asked him a random question what he thought about the book and the reincarnation process in the book.

I was standing about halfway in front of my mother, John peeks around me and points at my mom, and points "Your father is on the other side?" My mom nodded her head and told him he was. My heart jumped for joy at this point, I was so excited that our family was coming through.

Now the majority of us has seen John Edwards and how he reads. He asked questions to my mother... Being a total skeptic myself, I was blown away that he truly knew this information. First it started off with a birthday celebration, which my mom's best friend's birthday was on 3/21. Then it went to a man with the name with Corn in it like initials were CW. That was my stepdad's grampie.

Then here's the kicker... He mentioned an event that happened with my mom's uncle and my uncle, that nobody knew about in the family. Not even I. He asked how personal he could get. My mom said she didn't mind. He then said, there was a bit of a drinking habit with this uncle... My mom nodded, she got extremely nervous at this point. He went on and stated that my mom's brother shot him because he was trying to molest my mother. My mom nodded and broke down into tears. He went on through out the reading and mentioned my best friend who had passed away to suicide in my previous post.

If you ever get the chance... Go see him live. You will change your mind about him.

Other hauntings by HarlowMortis

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HarlowMortis, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HarlowMortis (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-08)
I will definatly check into him. I am very interested in recieving a private reading. Just to see who can or will come through.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-04)
Just to clarify Truck, it's Derren Brown (with an 'e') and I too would highly recommend anyone check him out.
TRUCK (25 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-03)
Look up Darren Brown, he has many shows on youtube. He is a magician and hypnotist, but he also makes no illusions on how he does things. He also has many shows where he explains how mediums work.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-03)
Oh wow, thanks for telling me about the seating! Still skeptical, but glad to be wrong about that, if that makes sense.
HarlowMortis (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-03)
[at] Tweed

Completely understand. I too was skeptical about going in there as I stated in the in the post.

One thing though, is there was not arranged seating due to ticket numbers. You just pretty much sat where you wanted.

Thank you for your points and if I ever go again I will def keep those in mind.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-02)
Hi HarlowMortis,

It really amuses me you ended up taking your mother to see him after that phone call. I would've spilled the beans ahead of time too. 😆
Obviously you both had a very profound experience on that night.

Still I am skeptical about John Edwards. Though I do believe in psychics and mediums, just not so much the ones with huge bank accounts.

Consider this;
Ticket purchase and seating arrangement.
Tickets provide information about the buyer ahead of time. Your name etc.
Seating arrangements allocated to ticket numbers can be paired and provide accurate information about audience members.
This information can be collected from social media and ancestry dot com and wherever else by staff researchers.

Not to mention the mailing list cards which could be used in the same manner.

All performers wear in ear pieces which can be used to feed information from a remote location, like backstage.
I'm sure there exists an in ear monitor small enough to camouflage against the 'Mr Clean' haircut fashioned by Edwards.

As you can probably tell I'm not a fan.

I'm pleased to hear you came into some money and didn't blow any savings. Also I'm glad you took your mother. If you do it again, I suggest keeping an open mind to the skeptics point of view and enjoy it as entertainment.

Take care. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: