You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The John At The Library

Real Ghost Stories

The John At The Library

 

I was on my fourth year in college when the incident happened. We were assigned to do a research proposal as part of our requirements in order to receive our bachelor's degree. I was so busy reading a thesis in the library that I didn't notice it was already eight in the evening. The library custodian tapped me and asked me to leave as I was the only student left and they were about to close. I immediately gathered my things, thanked the custodian and left.

The Philippine Normal University's library is a five story building. The ground floor had several rooms that were used for meetings, seminars and classes. The second, third, and fourth levels were where the books were kept. The last floor had an auditorium and offices for library officials and staff. The theses for graduate and undergraduate studies were located at the third level. In addition, all floors had restrooms. Now, back to the story.

Before I went down, I dropped by the restroom to relieve myself. When I entered, I knew that nobody was there since all the stall doors were open and no one was at the lavatory. I chose to use the first stall and as I sat there, I heard faint sobs as if someone was just done crying. I thought that another person came in after me. Funny thing was, I didn't hear the restroom door open nor does does close (as it always does if someone enter). I felt the hair at the back of my neck stood on ends and I couldn't move. I was starting to freak out when I found the courage to stand up and get out of the stall.

I don't know if it was panic attack or something else but I couldn't open the door. I was trapped inside and no one was there to help me. Desperately, I crawled under the door just to get out. I was still on fours when I saw feet on the ground. I raised my eyes and was screaming like mad with what I saw because the owner of the feet had a body without a head but I could still hear the sobs.

I can't remember how I managed to get out of the john still on fours. The last thing I could remember was the roving guard asking what happened and being brought to the clinic. They called our house number and my uncle came to pick me up. I wasn't able to come to school three days after the incident. Everyone thought that I was attacked in the restroom because it wasn't until the second day that I was able to tell my story.

It was hard going back to school because I was met with cynicism and people thought I just made everything up. It's been almost five years since I graduated and every time I come across someone from my batch, I would be asked about the time that I had in the john at the third level of the library.

Other hauntings by eivOj

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, eivOj, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ladyknight (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-13)
Hi there! It is only now that I have read this story and I believe your story. It's because I am from the same university. I'm from 2012 batch so I think you were senior when I entered the university.

I hate the dark ambiance in the library. I can't even enter the auditorium in the fifth floor. And I usually have goosebumps when I enter the bathroom in the first floor. Whenever I enter those parts of the library, I feel suffocated.

But I miss the school.
goingroxy (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
hi eivOj! I went to the same university and I think we're on the same batch - but I never heard of this incident! Good thing tho, because if I did I would not have frequented that library. It is really creepy there! My classmates and I would not dare stay past 6pm in there. Also, I'm not surprised about these things in PNU - I had evening classes there when I was a freshie and I made sure I was on the morning shift the very next sem. During our evening classes, at the building (the name of it escapes my mind right now) dedicated to BCED students, it is a common occurence to hear hushed voices or shrieks in the hallway, or one of us we'll see a shadow pass by our classroom. In the main building where psych studes stay for their major classes, it gets creepy at 6 pm or as soon as everyone is gone (there's only a handful of evening classes held there). But I love it there! I so miss that school.:)

I'll share my stories about my stay in that school next time!:)
Maiah13 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
Hi...my bestfriend used to study in that school, and I used to tag-along to some of her classes (for some reason, the school guards always let me in, although I wasn't a student there). I remember the library was just constructed around her junior year (this was in the '90s), but even when it was new, there were lots of rumors already that it was haunted. One time, my friend and I were at the second level by ourselves, when a strong gust of wind just blew... There were no open windows or air ducts where it cd have come from.
eivOj (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
thanks everyone for posting your comments...

I have checked the history of our university and story has it that it once served as a garrison during the Spanish and Japanese era in the Philippines.

Lots of soldiers, men, women and children were kept as prisoners in garrisons during those times... It was said that most who were killed still walk the corridors of our university...

According to our library custodian, the site where the library stood was the garrison where women were raped and killed with bayonets... Sometimes having had their heads cut off...

It still creeps me out even these days... If I can avoid going to the john by myself, I'd really avoid it...

I'm filipina for those who were wondering... 😉

Thanks for sharing your time reading my posts... I'll post sme other experiences I've had in the university dormitory next time!... 😉
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
Wow this was a very interesting story. I to would be scared to deat if I had seen something like that. To bad that the other students didn't believe you. Some people can be mean. Has there ever been other activities going on in there? I hope to hear from you soon and take care
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
HI, I would haved scered to. Are you a boy or a girl. Anyway maybe a girl was crying in there and so upset that she cut her head off in there. And the school didn't want anybody to know.
GIRLIE 😁
DUnknown (4 stories) (65 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
It's me again. This story is true. PNU or Philippine Normal University was before one of the camp site for Spanish soldiers during the Spanish era in the Philippines. Well, almost all parts of Manila served a purpose during that era. Stories ranging from Priests, captive Soldiers & Women (who are usually raped by soldiers-yes, it's true) & Children, who died during that time still manifest upon this buildings that became well-known universities in the Philippines today. Stories from seeing headless people on restrooms & hearing crying of women or sobs-even see bodiless feets that walks, roaming "Guardia Civil" during the wee hours of the night along the walls of Intramuros, strange unexplained things in the auditoriums & on the school grounds & rooms-these are the usually common incidents that you would experience.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
That was a horrific encounter you had eivOj! Don't feel bad about being so terrified by it as most of us would have felt exactly the same.

I wonder why you couldn't see the person's head though. Could it be that he/she didn't fully manifest or was he/she trying to reveal something about the way they died?

Well,whatever the case, it was a disturbing sight!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
I do believe, if that had of been me that I would have had to crawl back under the door and clean my britches out. Thanks for sharing this story, now I will never be able to use a public outhouse again<smile>.
Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Whoa No Head but only body? That Creepy sound like a horror movie that give me chilly creep wow... But how it sob without a head? Gees, Did you do what mustang say about looking on history about the building?
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
OMG eivOj! I think I would have had a heart attack if that happened to me. Do you know the history of the building? It's odd how she was sobbing but she had no head. Maybe that's why she is crying. I wonder why sometimes only certain parts of a ghost manifest and some don't. Besides the obvious like they lost their hand, leg or head even. Maybe they don't have enough energy to totally manifest. I am picturing in my head what you went through and the headless spector. It gives me chills thinking about being in the same situation. Now when I go into a bathroom stall, and I'm by myself, I will think of this very story. Thanks for sharing.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Wow that is really creepy! I must congratulate you though for getting to see this. It is a gift and not everyone gets to experience the paranormal. Don't think I'm crazy for saying that though, because I'm sure you were very frightened. Are you filipina?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: