You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Girl Who Fell

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl Who Fell

 

Over the years, I have become really sensitive to anything paranormal. Even the occasional cold spots or the feeling of someone watching me freaks me out. But this particular incident brought me close to death.

I was a freshman in an engineering college. I was living in a dorm with my three room mates. We had three blocks: Block 1, Block 2 and Block 3, where I lived. One day, I was feeling sick, so I called our warden, who then called an ambulance to take me to the hospital. As we were passing block 1, I saw a girl, standing on the roof of the building. It was weird because she was standing at the edge, so I told our warden to have a look. As she turned around to look, the girl jumped off the building.

I was dumbfounded. We all ran to her and put her in the ambulance, she was not dead yet. But her legs were broken and there was blood everywhere. It was horrifying. This incident did spread like wildfire and her friends came to the hospital to see her. I was just sitting there, not talking to anyone, trying to forget everything I just saw. I soon was dropped back at my dorm. At night, we found out she didn't make it.

I don\'t know how hard it was for others to deal with all this, but it was way too hard for me. The four of us were so scared that we didn't even go to the toilet alone at night. We always prayed for her soul to rest in peace. Rumours started spreading that the spirit of the girl was seen roaming the hallway at night. But let me tell you, those weren't rumours. And we found this out the hard way.

One night, we were sleeping with the lights on. It kind of became a habit. I was in deep sleep when I felt a hand on my arm, shaking me. I thought one of my room mates wanted to go to the toilet, so she was waking me up. I said, wake someone else. But she continued shaking me. I got frustrated and turned around to say "what?" when I froze. It wasn't my room mate. It was the girl who fell. I tried to scream but I couldn't. She was glaring back at me.

Suddenly, her hands were around my neck. Her blood red eyes staring right into mine. I was writhing in pain when I spotted a glass on the bedside table and knocked it down, which woke up my room mates. They all saw her. I looked up at my room mates to do something, who were just sitting in their bed, frozen with fear. One of them, then, started singing "Hanuman Chalisa" and the grip around my neck loosened and she vanished. No one slept that night.

The next morning, this incident was told to the warden, who called my parents to take me home. I dropped out of the college soon after that. I never went to the college premises to even take my transfer certificate or to say my friends goodbye. I never understood why this happened to only me. I mean, I didn't even know who she was. What could be the reason behind this?

Other hauntings by suman_4141

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, suman_4141, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

koolruud (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-29)
Suman, It is possible that she might have been angry at you for saving her life but if you wouldn't have informed the warden, then it would have troubled you even more. So you did the right thing.
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-27)
Wow suman! Excellent story...

I don't know if you will read this comment or not but still writing
Spirits of student who suicide are always seen to be roaming around the area
My cousin brother hostel has a spirit of student who had hanged himself in one of room but it was usually quite and rarely showed up only when someone is alone
I thought these spirits are friendly but after reading your experience, I have chills running down my spine

Shrush:)
KaviB (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-25)
Oh goodness! You seem to be sensitive to the spiritual realm. Good thing you got out of there. Heaven knows who else had to go through such torment.
suman_4141 (7 stories) (29 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-09-27)
sheetal: I never saw her after that incident. Maybe she found another target because my friends told me someone who lived on the floor above got attacked a couple of times in her sleep.
suman_4141 (7 stories) (29 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-09-27)
Sam222: I don't know. She looked like a senior. Maybe she was 18-19 years old.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-18)
Hey Suman... You are brave girl... Hats off dear... I was just imaging your story and I got goosebumps so I can understand your fear... I am strongly agree with Tweed here... But Please don't feel any bad as you did what every human need to do...

Did you ever seen her... I mean in your house or anywhere else...?
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-27)
That's horrible for that girl to die like that, and pretty scary to experience something like that. Was she a child or older?
suman_4141 (7 stories) (29 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-18)
WiniPu4: Thank you so much for your insight in this matter and I'm really sorry I couldn't reply to you sooner. I would definitely take up your suggestions. 😊
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
Hello:
I think the reason she appeared to you is that you must be more sensitive or receptive to spirits than the others. Spirits come through to whoever it's easiest to get through to, much like water following the path of least resistance.
As far as her being malevolent or even violent toward you, those committing suicide are not normally in a good place spiritually when they decide to do something this drastic and sometimes that feeling lingers on to the other side. People assume those committing suicide are depressed, sad, and desperate; however, my experience with a few loved ones (who chose to do this) has led me to believe that sometimes they do it out of anger, resentment, spite, and at times even hatred. I have known of at least two cases where they were very angry at someone and were being vengeful. One even did it while on the phone with someone who loved them.
I think the suggestion of Sushantkar may be a good idea. Whatever your faith is, perhaps you could consult with someone knowledgeable (& experienced) and do some sort of protective ritual. Many religions believe in talismans and sacred objects for protection along with a blessing, including the one I was raised in.
If you are indeed sensitive to spirit and do not wish for anything similar to reoccur in the future, then you might wish to consider doing this. Apparently, the trauma of this event caused you to change the course of your life. It couldn't hurt you to consider taking action to defend yourself against malevolent forces, wherever they come from. There are also prayers you can do alone (or with a loved one, which strengthens the effect) to protect yourself. Look up prayers of protection (of your faith) and say them regularly, especially before sleeping since entities seem to be more active at night or when we are more vulnerable sleeping. If you are not religious, there are many generic prayers or meditations for protection like visualizing the white love & light of the God (of your understanding) and envisioning it surrounding yourself, your home, and all your loved ones. I do this daily and whenever I think of it or feel I need it. I find it helpful and all I can do is offer my best advice based upon my life experience. I have already said prayers for you and wish the best for your future. There is always recourse for this sort of thing. You don't have to remain a victim, not even of a spirit.
Love & Light,
Lynev
PagalLadka (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
Well if you have not encountered with her after that incident, then you should not think about it. Hope she won't come again. Good Luck.
suman_4141 (7 stories) (29 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
PagalLadka: I didn't. Now that I think about it, she should have, if she thought I was the reason for making her mad by trying to save her. 😕
PagalLadka (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
I think she attacked you because you saw her jumping off and tried to save her. Though you did not took her to the hospital. But you were the one who saw her on the roof and informed everyone and they saved her. (sorry for my bad english). I just want to know have you encountered with that girl again after leaving the university?
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-14)
Hello suman! I would like to salute you for your honest and brave deed. You tried to save that girl but it is quite unfortunate that beside all the quick reaction, she passed away.
Your story reminds me about an incident which had taken place in my locality 10 years ago where a women (roughly of age 30-32) had comitted suicide by lighting herself. Neighboring people tried to save her but didn't able to do so. She died within 72 hrs. Rumors/ tales says that she had sacrifices herself in the name of Satan and she killed all those peoples who tried to save her.
May be (just speculating) that's why she tries to kill you?
I would suggest you to wear invoked talisman.

Regards
ashar123 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-14)
Well I agree with tweed here. She tried to kill you because because it was only because of whom she would have survived. However I am not at all saying that you did anything wrong. You were absolutely right at your part so don't feel bad about that.

A horrifying yet nice story. Thanks for sharing. 😊
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-14)
Definitely don't feel bad about trying to save her! You did the right thing.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-14)
Surman, don't feel bad! You did the right thing. 😊
We can't know what was behind her decision. Have a bit of faith that she will one day see that she had one person in this world, you, who was on her side looking out for her.
Be proud of that.
suman_4141 (7 stories) (29 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-14)
Tweed: Well, now I feel bad about trying to save her to be honest. 😢
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-14)
That's what came to me while I was reading.
When a person has decided to kill them self they will become violent to anyone who tries to save them in the act.
If that's correct in this case I also wonder if there was someone she wanted to find her on the ground. Because of you that didn't happen.
I honestly have no idea, it's just what occurred to me while I was reading.
She might have been frustrated at you for ruining her plan.
Poor girl. 😢
suman_4141 (7 stories) (29 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-14)
Tweed: Do you mean, she was angry just because people tried to help her because of me? 😕
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-14)
Surman what the heck indeed!

Wonder if she was angry that, because of you, people tried to save her. That's really awful! 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: