You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: The Debacle Ouija Board Created

Real Ghost Stories

The Debacle Ouija Board Created

 

This incident happened when I was in school, probably in grade 6. I and bunch of my friends were really obsessed with paranormal stories and we had a complete fascination towards Ouija boards. Now, we didn't know whether it was a ruse or it really worked, so we decided to try it out.

One day at school, when we had a free period, I and five of my friends (Ananya, Neha, Monika, Trisha and Aakansha) decided to make an Ouija board. We had a vague idea about how to make one. So we took a piece of paper, wrote numbers and alphabets, wrote hello and goodbye at the top, yes and no at the bottom and used a coin as a planchette. We had heard rumours about our school being made at a place which was a burial ground, so thought it would be easy for spirits to contact us. I was the cowardly one, so I decided I'll stay away from the coin but I'll write everything the spirit said. The rules were, until you say goodbye to the spirit, no one was supposed to lift their finger from the coin.

The session began and we started by asking if there were any spirits willing to talk to us. With that, the coin moved to yes. We all looked at each other, asking whether they were pulling the coin. Everyone denied that they didn't. I was way too spooked. We continued asking random questions, we started with the name, to which he responded S-T-E-V-E. We were like ooohhhh a foreigner. We continued asking him random questions until we asked him to "prove his presence by moving something".

That's when all hell broke loose. He stopped responding for a moment and we thought he's gone until the duster that was at the other side of the room came flying towards us. We were so freaked out, we left the paper and ran away, forgetting to say goodbye. I went home after that and didn't go to school for a week. I didn't experience anything strange though, but that was not the case with my friends. Some felt a continuous presence around them, some felt uneasy, especially at night. I didn't talk to anyone after that (You can imagine how spooked I was). It wasn't just us though.

In school, everyone felt a presence and cold spots. This caught the attention of our principal and she decided to have a hawan in the weekend. The priest also said that there was a spirit here and he was brought to this world through a medium. We didn't dare saying anything about this incident to anyone. After some time, things came back to normal. But I learned a lesson: Never to mess with Ouija board again.

Other hauntings by suman_4141

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, suman_4141, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KaviB (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-25)
Woah... I tried to have an ouija board session with my friends on the school playground during my highschool years a couple of times. Was a bit disappointed to get no results. Now I think I'm glad.
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-18)
Nice story and yeah never mess with our aboard!
Hi sds how are you my friend...
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-18)
Hey Suman... Child innocence and curiosity... I was smiling after reading last line... This is an awesome story you had share! Very neat and perfectly written... We have one school in out city which was also built on the burial ground and people say that at least one child is die in every year... And the school itself looks haunted... I've visited the school for my Scholarship exam...
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-25)
Hi suman_4141, your narrative was very good. I have been one of the members of this site, who have been continuously dissuading others not to have any session with Ouija Board. Thanks for sharing this experience.

Val, my dear friend, you have really hit the nail on the head. It is not for inexperienced and as Val said, even the experienced persons could get caught unawares when it comes to OB.

Tweed, I appreciate your concern and yes, there are ways to communicate with the spirit and it is extremely dangerous to contact spirits that are negative or troubling. Yes, your advise to Sushant to use Rook's cleansing is correct.

Sushant as BJJ said, you can contact senior members through e-mail to get their advise in your case. As far as Miracles advise to you, it is out of concern to dissuade you from using OB and there is nothing more could be attached to it because the way you have replied meant that you took it otherwise.

Sorry BJJ, I did communicate with others than suman_4141, because I felt that their comments needed some reply/appreciation. Sorry again exceeding the limits set by you BJJ.

Regards and respects to everyone,

SDS
suman_4141 (7 stories) (29 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-18)
Sam222: It was a free period. Teachers were either in the staff room or were taking classes. There was a pretty small chance of getting caught. 😜 πŸ˜†
tdmeyer (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-17)
Thanks valkicry! You make a good point and you explained it well. Thank you.:)
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
Suman_4141, wow I've never heard of people using Ouija boards at school. But if a teacher had caught you, that would have been big trouble.
vintageglam (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
I think it's a rite of passage in middle school to "create" Ouija broads. πŸ˜† However it's not a smart idea to play with one. You never know who you're talking too.πŸ˜•
cutiepie6411 (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-14)
one time my aunt told me had an experience in a ouija board. It wa swhen she was in 4th grade. She was withhe friends because they were the ones who had an ouija board. So she told me that it wasn't a ghost it was a demon... When she went home she was very scared and had nightmares about that demon... Now she is 36 and still is scared... 😨 😨 😨
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-14)
I think we ought to give Suman back his story now. If anyone wants to continue this conversation with sushantkar, he has several stories of his own to use. 😊
suman_4141 (7 stories) (29 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-14)
Tweed: I am glad that my story amused you. 😁 It is kind of a story to which you can look back and laugh. But it made me realise to not mess with things you don't know about.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-14)
Shushantkar,

There are many different ways to communicate with spirits. Meditation is one method. However I don't recommend contacting ghosts who are negatively impacting you. I would enlist the help of you and your families guardians and/or family members and friends who have passed. I don't know how that sits with your beliefs but it's something you may want to look into. Also I'm sure you're aware of Rook's cleansing method yeah?

On the topic of ouija boards my husband collects them and other occult tidbits. We have some ouija boards on display in our home because we're a couple of weirdos.
But (big but here) my husband does a cleansing routine to each of them. We've never had any problems with them. But (another big but) we have never used them.
Like I said there are other safer more reliable ways to communicate with ghosts.

I strongly believe that suicide solves nothing and only makes you feel worse on the other side. So keep strong and you will find your way to happiness.
I also believe that emotional problems need to be addressed emotionally and spiritual problems need to be addressed spiritually. The two need to be resolved individually.

Keep strong you will find your way.
suman_4141 (7 stories) (29 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-14)
sushantkar: You can try consulting a paranormal investigator. It is a much suitable and less dangerous alternative.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-14)
Suman,

I forgot to reply to your story before 'cause I got sidetracked, sorry!
Your story kind of made me giggle because it reminded me of being a kid and doing similar silly things with my friends! It seems everyone's got or knows someone who has a ouija board experience.
I love that it was some ghost called Steve I don't know why that made me laugh. Up until the point the duster was thrown! Guess you guys learned a valuable lesson. πŸ˜‰
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
Dear suman_4141, I am trying to contact with the spirits in order to find/dogged the reasons/motive behind it i.e. Why they always around with us, their stage i.e. In which stage/yonies they are in, how they could get salvation and so many other information/answers.
So far, Ouija is seems to be the only possibility/medium in front of me to establish any communication with them. Although knowing all the consequences and the warnings given the the fellow members, this is the only medium I have currently.

Regards
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
Thanks valkricry! For the information and kind suggestion.

Regards
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
To Miracles51031- I would like to state the fact that the stories submitted by me on this website was not just my blank imaginations or created by friction. Whatever I had shared so far is real and was my personal experienced.
Have you ever experienced sustained depression dominating your heart and mind 24x7? If not, then you probably don't understand the problem I am facing with.
This is a subject about which you can not discuss with everyone especially when most of the people around you don't believe in it and in lack of guidance/support,sometimes I wonder why don't I kill myself and that would end my problems and pain? 😠
Please pardon me... If you think that I have other options to find out, you/anyone are most welcomed.

With all due respect...

Regards
suman_4141 (7 stories) (29 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
Shady4u: Thank you so much for taking your time to read my story. 😊
suman_4141 (7 stories) (29 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
valkricry: They might have. They never disclosed anything. Maybe they didn't want us to be scared. So they did a hawan on a weekend, so there were no students on campus, only teachers.
suman_4141 (7 stories) (29 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
sushantkar: Why are you even trying to contact the spirits who are haunting you with an OUIJA BOARD? It is nothing but trouble. I don't recommend using it at any circumstances.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
Well, I guess some people learn the hard way. πŸ˜† It's a good thing that none of y'all were harmed. Must've been really spooky of an experience though. It was a good read. Thank you so much. (:
-Shady.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
Nicely stated, Val. The risks associated make it a bad idea.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
tdmeyer,
Honestly, yes. Some folks have even experienced absolutely nothing! πŸ˜† But here's the thing; Ouijas are a tool, and just like any tool, in inexperienced naive hands they can cause great damage. Even in the hands of a well-seasoned 'expert' they can inflict all kinds of - shall we say trouble. Unfortunately this 'trouble' is often more difficult to undo then the average person can understand or cope with. Think of it in terms of playing Russian Roulette- there's a one in six chance that nothing will happen when you pull the trigger. However when something does happen - odds are the outcome won't be good.
tdmeyer (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
Has anyone has any good experiances with a oujia board? I love the way oujia boards look and am fascinated by them!
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
sushantkar,
I'm going to answer your question and toss my two cents at you. Yes, it is possible to speak with multiple spirits using a board. However it is very, very unwise to even attempt such a thing. Especially for a novice. Using a board to communicate with spirits that are already 'disturbing' you and your family can actually escalate things far beyond anything you can handle. 😐 Not only that, you have no idea what else might come through. You could easily become the victim of oppression. Then what?
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
suman, interesting account. I'm glad you learned your lesson unscathed (well, except for being that scared). I could be wrong, but from what I've read and gathered the peoples of India seem to be much more accepting that there could be a ghost involved than many here in the US. I have to wonder if perhaps school staff experienced more than just cold spots for the principal to have a 'hawan' though...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
sushantkar - you've been a member here for almost a year. I don't know how long you'd been reading the stories before joining, but you have definitely been around long enough to know how 98% (rough guesstimate) of our members feel about Ouija boards.

Here's some very strong advice. If you choose to do something that you know not to do, and have been warned against, do not submit it as an experience. We're not going to publish it. That is obviously just a case of looking for a story to submit.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
*slaps forehead!*

Shushantkar,

For the love of...

DON'T use a ouija board unless you are well read and equipped with every bit of knowledge possible about the dangers.
Furthermore DON'T use it to communicate with ghosts who are disturbing your family unless you want a tyranny of bad crap hauntings flung your way for the foreseeable future.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
Hi Suman! Again a fascinating story. As like you, I from my childhood was curious in terms of paranormal. I have encountered lots of it and still experiencing.
Recently, I have got an Ouija board from my old relatives library. Although, I have never used an Ouija board before, but I am planning to use it on the comming weekend so that I could communicate with the ghosts who are disturbing me and my family.
One thing I would like to know, could I communicate with more than one spirit from Ouija board?

Regards
suman_4141 (7 stories) (29 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
Ankitresearcher: Everyone in my school was experiencing the cold spots. I mean, it's odd when the classroom gets suddenly cold in a hot summer day. Maybe our principal was spiritual and thought it was worth a shot. 😊

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: