You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Nightmares On The First Floor

Real Ghost Stories

Nightmares On The First Floor

 

I loved visiting my uncle's house. In summer vacation, it was my favourite thing to do. I don't have summer vacations any more (post grad student here!). But this is not about how I miss summer vacation; this is a story about how I grew to hate to go to my uncle's house.

Their house consisted of only ground floor several years before. Back then, I had no trouble living in their house for months and months. And then they decided to make another floor. I still didn't think much of it at first. What could happen after building a new floor? Let me tell you, everything!

I don't know how to explain it, but after the first floor was made, every time I went up there either to just chill or to play video games, I would feel something. Like someone was trying to smother me. I would feel really uneasy and would have the urge to run away. I would experience this during day time. So you can imagine how night-time would be for me.

Because we had extra rooms, I slept either with my grandma or my aunt. Every night, for some reason, the door to our bedroom never locks. It always opens by itself which, according to my list, is pretty terrifying. And I would always have trouble sleeping there because, for some reason, I can't, which is equally frightening if you're the only one awake, listening to your aunt snore and you can see the dark hallway because of the open door.

Some days later, weird thing started happening. Things were out of place, strange electricity troubles and the pinnacle of it all, when the fuse flew away from the circuit board, by itself.

One night, my cousin was sleeping alone in his room. He suddenly felt a hot breeze on his face, which woke him up. What happened next, I could never forget. He saw a face of a man, staring right back at him. He screamed and ran out of the room, waking everyone. As we enquired about the situation, I saw the same man, staring through the window. I couldn't even dare point it out. I got sick after that and never went back to my uncle's house.

I could never understand why this was happening. Even in the presence of the idols of Lord Krishna and Lord Shiva in each and every room, how was this happening?

Fast forward a couple of years, I got my answer. It was a Vastu dosh*. The house was not made according to the Vastu and its faulty alignment was the reason behind all the negativity. Even if they did everything to get rid of the issue, they couldn't. The only option they had was to build the house from scratch, which was not possible. They all learned how to live with it. As for me, I still go to my uncle's house, but I never step on the first floor.

* Vastu dosh is a projected flaw or deficiency in the known characteristics of the eight directions.

Other hauntings by suman_4141

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, suman_4141, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

suman_4141 (7 stories) (29 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-18)
sheetal: Thank you for taking your time to read my story. And sorry for the late reply. 😊
suman_4141 (7 stories) (29 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-18)
AngeLeeS: It was the ghost of an old man who died of a heart attack. And he was their neighbour. As the house had become a beacon to negative energy, I think it drew the spirit to the house.
suman_4141 (7 stories) (29 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-18)
Sceptic-Ari: They have no other option but to stay there. They are trying to do minor changes in the house though, to minimize the negative effects.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
Hi, Suman... Very scary story indeed... I can understand why you still don't step on the first floor... Thanks for sharing 😁
AngeLeeS (8 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
Waking up to an unknown face staring at your face is like a nightmare right in front of your eyes...Scary! How was the ghost of the man associated to the house?

Personally I do not think idols could help banish spirits but if cursed objects could exist then maybe blessed idols could help. Good luck.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
Dear Suman,
Kaafi darawani kahani hai 😨
Scary stuff. Thanks for sharing it. Your relatives must really be very brave to continue living there still.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: