You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Nicole's Story about our House in Chula Vista

Real Ghost Stories

Nicole's Story about our House in Chula Vista

 

For this story I'm going to let my friend Nicole write it since it is her account of things she experienced in the Chula Vista house. I've known Nicole since we were in 6th grade together, which was about 15 years ago. So here is her story.

The first time I was ever in Holly's house in Chula Vista was when I was 15 years old, although I had heard the things Holly had told me and since I didn't believe in those sort of things at the time, it didn't bother me to go over there. There were a few times I thought I saw shadows move, or heard footsteps that would give me chills, but I would just say it was an older house and made noise.

For me the part of the house that always seemed to have weird things happen in it was the bathroom... When you walked into the bathroom, there was the toilet directly to the right and the vanity with a mirror on the left wall across from the shower on the right wall and a small window in between the two on the back wall. Almost every time I used the bathroom, I would feel strange inside there and even when the door was locked, it would occasionally open on its own.

The time that freaked me out the most that I remember vividly was in the summer of 1997, I had just turned 16 and had my license and Holly and I were hanging out and were planning on going out that night. Holly was going to make us lunch while I was going to take a bath and shave my legs. We were listening to some music and the boom box was just inside the window on the counter and Holly came over and opened the window so she could hear the music too.

I was relaxing in the tub when all of a sudden the music stopped, I yelled turn it back on because I thought Holly had reached in and turned it off to mess with me. I heard loud footsteps in the back room by the window and thought it was her, so I told her again to turn it back on. When the music didn't come back on, I got up and wrapped the towel around me and looked out the window and no one was there, I turned to walk to the door and it was open, even though I know I locked it. I walked out to the kitchen and there was Holly still making lunch and asking me why I turned off the music and I told her, "Shut up, you turned it off, that's messed up that was a good song." Holly then said while laughing it off, "whatever dude, don't try to freak me out." I replied, "Seriously I heard you walking around in the backroom." "I was here the whole time I even told you to turn it back on while I was out here," said Holly.

We both to this day just swore it had to be one of us who did it so we could sleep easier, but as we have been talking about these occurrences, we now know that neither of us did it.

Other hauntings by peopleinthemirror

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, peopleinthemirror, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ally711 (20 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
SCARY!Cool Chula Vista my cousin lives over there its San Diego right? 😊 😉
seeker (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-23)
whoa that's cool, hopefuly you still log in every once in a while because I live in chula vista (eastlake area) and my freinds and I are trying to start a paranormal hunt team and trying to find places to hunt, if you are intreasted in letting us investigate your house you can email me at brandonrruff [at] hotmail.com and we can talk about it. Thanks, oh by the way that's a trippy story.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-27)
You really have no idea what someone is going through until you walk a mile in their shoes, or in this case until you bathe in their bathroom. The truly remarkable thing about this story is that the two of you were there to corroborate the others story. For both of your sanity. I am glad that you were open minded enough to see what was before you, though it was not visible and you lent the support needed to your friend, peopleinthemirror. Perhaps that was what was needed at the time. Thank you for sharing this.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-25)
Creepy to think about a ghost in the bathroom with you while you're bathing. Envading people's privacy like that. Well atleast they didn't pull back the shower curtain. 😆
Anyway, when I was little, probably about 7 or 8 years old, I remember my brother being in the shower and I heard his radio turn on in his bedroom and I knew there wasn't anyone in his room because his room was right next to mine and the only other person in the house was my mom and she was in the kitchen. I went into his room and saw that no one was in there so I went and told my mom what had happened. I think she blew it off but I don't remember what she said because I was little. My brother was in his late teens, I'm the youngest of four children so I, in age, was far apart from my siblings age. In his teenage years he listened to "Black Sabbath" and that kind of music so I don't know if he had other things happening with him or to him but throughout his life before he was killed,(car accident), he had a lot of paranormal experiences.
Anyway, ghosts like to mess with electronics. It's pretty common. You know, that Chula Vista house is really active! Keep bringing the stories. 😊 -Shelby ❤
Abby (710 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-25)
Dear peopleinthemirror,

It seems to be your classic ghostly haunting going on in the home not unlike many other ghostly haunting stories and comments found here on this site as well. If you have been on this site awhile, you will also find many other stories, articles, advice and suggestions that may help you and you may wish to try.--Abby
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-24)
Thank you for sharing your story with us.
Sounds like there is certainly some activity in the home.

God Bless!
Abercrombie (2 stories) (45 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-23)
OH MY GOSH AHHHHHHHH! So scary. I would be outta there- how crazy are you?! Oh my god some people are just so... UGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: