You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Footsteps into my Room

Real Ghost Stories

Footsteps into my Room

 

Now this story begins from my childhood. My parent brought me home October 9th, 1980 to the house they owned in Chula Vista, Ca. Ever since I can remember there have been strange ongoings and noises in that house. What I am about to share with you is my first experience I had that I can remember.

I was about 5 years old, so it was 1986, my room was in the middle of the house right next to the bathroom and my parent's room. I was laying down on my bed watching tv when I heard heavy footsteps, like a man in boots was walking from the back of the house into my room. As they started, I remember looking up to the door expecting my father to walk in, however no one did and the footsteps stopped in my doorway. My room was carpeted, but the rest of the house had hardwood floors and it was literally as if someone walked right up and into my room from the back of the house and yet no one was standing there before me as I looked up.

I got up off the floor and slowly walked into the living room to see if my dad had just walked by, but I found he was laying on the couch passed out. I ran back into my room and pulled the blankets over my head and tried to go to sleep. I heard nothing else that night.

Other hauntings by peopleinthemirror

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, peopleinthemirror, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-06)
Hi peopleinthemirror,
I am not discounting your story, by any means. My children, especially my daughter hears footsteps a lot in the middle of the day and I think it is possible.
I do wonder, however, (this is not just in response to your story, this is generically stated for the entire reading audience 😊.) Why is it that things like noises and shadows are remembered by the very young, even into their eighties, but a chore list can not be remembered even when the same chores are done on a daily basis? Is it all the fear factor?
Thank you for your story.
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-18)
Hi,
I have experienced footsteps in my house too, and from what I've heard (or read) it's a common thing in many houses...
And Shane, I understand how sometimes it can be kind of hard to believe when people claim to remember stuff at a very young age. If it wasn't because I remember every detail of the house I lived in when I was 3, I'd find it rather difficult for someone to remember such things. Yet, I wish I remembered where did I put my lucky pen yesterday 😜
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-16)
Thanks for the story PITM. I have often wondered how a small child remembers some things so vividly and yet at other times can not remember what they had for breakfast.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Derek15 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-16)
Yikes! I had an experience similar to that one in my brother's old aparment. Hopefully that story of mine will be published. Footsteps are certainly weird experiences, especially when there is no one there. How traumatizing, especially for a five-year-old!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: