You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Little Boy on the Phone

Real Ghost Stories

Little Boy on the Phone

 

I was 16 years old and had just gotten my license, at the time I borrowed my Dad's truck because he had to work that day, he also let me borrow his cell phone in case anything happened because the truck was old. His cell phone was for his work; only people at his work and my Grandma had the number.

I was at home in the Chula Vista house with nothing to do, so out of boredom I decided to drive up to Poway to surprise Lisa. I didn't tell anyone that I was going anywhere so no one would have known where I was. So I got to Lisa's and we were trying to decide what we were going to do. We were sitting in her room and of course with her being obsessed with Korn, we were listening to them again like always. I had to go to the bathroom, so she came in and sat on the counter to talk to me, you know all girls go to the bathroom in groups.

I had my Dad's cell phone hooked to my pants and as we were in the middle of a conversation, the phone rang. I answered the phone and it sounded like a little boy, he said, "Is Lisa there." I said, "Who?" Knowing there was no way anyone knew I was with Lisa or that anyone who knew her would have this number. The little boy said again, "Is Lisa there." I said, "Hold on" and handed the phone to Lisa. Lisa said, "Hello" and then paused and said, "Yes it is." Seconds later she turned pale white and started shaking. I asked her, "What, who is that?" She was still shaking and she handed me the phone, I grabbed the phone quickly and said, "Hello" but no body was there. On cell phones normally a phone number will come up on the ID or it will say unknown but instead all that was there was "-----------" across the screen. I asked her what happened and who was on the phone. She said, "I don't know, but it sounded like a little boy and he asked me 'is this Lisa' so I said 'yes it is' and then he started screaming 'HELP ME HELP ME' and that's when I handed you the phone."

We had no clue what to make of it and to this day we still don't.

Other hauntings by peopleinthemirror

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, peopleinthemirror, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
OMG... This is really creepy... I've got goosebumps... I am sure its a some kind of paranormal activity.
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
Goosebumps! That was scary. 😨

It's like in horror movies. I'm wondering who was that boy.

Anyways, thanks for sharing your story. 😊

---Bela---
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Very good story! This one really creeped me out (stories like this often do).

I read Whitebuffalo's comment about it being a possible prank and agree that this could be the case (as with Whitebuffalo, I used to do the prank call thing... Before the cursed caller ID and *68).

Still, I will go with thinking this is real. Thanks very much for giving me something to think about next time the phone rings.
Sonicfreak (2 stories) (14 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
It was probably a ghost boy calling. That's creepy, it's weird that the boy had a very late reaction, and that number "---------".?
Dan (1 stories) (51 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
That was a creepy story. Something about unknown little boys trying to contact you makes me feel weird.
Scary story. Thanks for posting.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-27)
Hello peopleinthemirror,
Unfortunately I have to agree with most of the others on this side of the comment board.
I hate to type this, but when I was younger I used to just pick out a name and punch in a number and ask for that name. I can not tell you how many times I got a "hit" but it was often. Then I would act like a fool and proceed to either ask someone why they had not picked up their pizza or yell into the phone some unintelligent something or other.
Now, twenty years ago when I was doing this there were ways to block out a number. I do not know what the other side of the line was reading when they picked it up, or even if they all had caller i.d. I know our home phone never had caller i.d. My parents still do not have that luxury. I do know that I distressed, alarmed, annoyed and scared some people senseless.
It happens. We are not all as smart and sensitive to other peoples feelings as we should be at all walks of life.
I am not saying that this was not a phone call from beyond, I am just saying that perhaps some young fool out looking for fun had his fun with you two. If it was a phone call from beyond, I would like to think that more information would have been afforded the two of you than just "help me", though who knows what else might have been said if Lisa would have just questioned. As she was surprised by this phone call, I can see why she took this approach.
Thank you for sharing this with us.
Juliette (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-15)
What difference does it make if it happened 11 years ago or when the phone was first evented?! I remember making prank phone calls when I was younger, and most of the time we would make numbers up! LOL C'mon...
Emma (3 stories) (39 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
This story could have a very logical explanation. It could very well have been a prank call from some person who was disguising their voice. Also, the name Lisa is a very common name and chances were good that anyone who answered the phone would know a Lisa.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-25)
You're Funny Shane (hey, my number is -----). Anyway, I get all kinds of weird numbers and other things on my caller I.D. On my cell and home #'s but I don't answer them unless I know who it is like KimSouthO. If it is important then they will leave a message.

I know this happened 11 years ago but even the technology then was good. As for the little boy's voice maybe your dad was pranking you because you went off without telling anyone so he wanted to scare you. Did you go to Lisa's often? He might have figured that's where you would have gone and took a chance on asking for Lisa and had a little boy play the prank to freak you out for leaving without letting them know where you were at. By the way, you should always tell someone where you will be in case something happened to you so they would know where you were last before you disappeared! I always tell my husband where I go in case I disappeared he would know where to start looking. Maybe I watch too many Cold Case Files or because my husband is a Sheriff's Deputy and he has told me crazy things that has happened to people. Not paranoid or anything I'm just very cautious.
Well, anyway, creepy phone call! Has anything like that happened since then? 😊 ❤ -Shelby
siddharth (4 stories) (37 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-25)
wow...a spooky experience.I'm from India and a few days back, all people of Delhi were scared from an unknown no. People said that the no. Was 0000 and on attending that no., the person might die. I know it is frightening but if you don't believe then you can ask any Delhiite. Some people even said that when a call comes from this no., then the screen of the cell phone becomes red as it emits some harmful radiations. I think your case is similar to this one or maybe something more...
Hey...now remember... Never attend such unknown no's.

Keep smiling and stay healthy. 😁
God bless you all !
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-25)
That is what I call a creepy story. I had the same thing happen to me but it was my sister playing a joke on me when I was younger. I hope I don't get a phone like that soon. See you soon and take care. BY the way GREAT story
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-25)
Hi People in the Mirror, I'm not judging the merits of your story. Most people who ask for comments want a diversity of ideas though and from there I'm giving you this info, so I'm giving thebest I got. Because I'm just a reader I very much reserve my own feelings to the truth of a story. I just give up info that others haven't provided in the 'comments section' yet. SO here's more info about it: Telespoofing was around 11 years ago and it is where you can adopt any number at all, you can also get the software illegally... I wish I could ask you more questions 😢 about your story, but sound like you'd be uncomfortable with that. Take Good Care of yourself, 😊
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
Hmmm, this one makes me skeptical. I'm not saying it's made-up, it just makes me question.

But thanks!
peopleinthemirror (6 stories) (4 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
Thanks for your comment Athena, the only problem with your explination of a prank call is that no one had this number but my Dad's work and no one knew I was with Lisa. Also there weren't 00000 on the phone it was just the dashes "------". Also this happened 11 years ago so I have to honestly say I don't think this was a prank of any kind.
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
My Pal, Paul Dale Robert got back to me. Athena... Chris was telling me that there is all kinds of information on the Internet about it...it's called phone spoofing...

When I got calls from the FBI (when I worked at the this State government agency)...the calls came in as 0000 - someone who pranked me, was aware of this... And did the 0000 to me.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
Creepy story. I will never answer my cell unless I recognize the name or number. If it is important and I do not answer, they will leave a message. Now, this re-enforces my reasons for not answering. A call like that would creep me out, completely. Anytime children are involved or there is a possibility children could be involved... My instincts kick in I guess.

Keep us posted,

God Bless!
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-23)
http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=989

The above is another freaky phone story. PITM, your story is chilling, but maybe it was a crank call? HPI got a crank call like that recently. Same strange -------
GhostTalker13 (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-23)
Umm...ok...How did you get Shane's number? 😆 Anyway... I got something like this once, except, it didn't have the ------ part. I was in 5th grade when I got my first cell phone. And someone called me and it didn't say who. The person is like "Is Bari there?" I handed it to my friend, but then she gave it back to me saying that there was no one there. Then the person called me again and said "Help..." That's all.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-23)
Hey ------- is my number how did you all get it. 🤔 Thanks for sharing the story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Abercrombie (2 stories) (45 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-23)
OMG! I was like wondering how you even, oh nvm, you were on the tiolet. LOL! That is so freaky!
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-10-23)
Man that was creepy 😨 Remind me never to answer phone calls coming from ---------

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: