You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Static People

Real Ghost Stories

Static People

 

I honestly am not too sure on how to start this. I'm new to this sorta thing and I'm not the best at giving great detail. I just want to get this out there in hopes that someone else possibly had a similar experience. Anyways I'm rambling, sorry.

This story takes place when I was just a little kid. It's in the house I grew up in and am currently still living in to this day. It's a fairly old house and at one point in time, long before I was born, it was used as a doctor's office. I am not aware that anyone has died here but it was a long time before I was born so I'll probably never know. Anyways, I don't remember exactly what age I was. I was probably around four to maybe eight years old. I don't know what I saw. Maybe it was a ghost, maybe it was my young child imagination, or maybe I created fake memories in my own head. I don't know.

What I do know is what I used to see. For whatever reason no matter where I went, only in my house though, I used to see "things". I could be staring directly at them or they would be in my peripherals. I used to see these things and I figured as a kid, "If I can see them, everyone else can", but when I would mention them to my parents, or anyone for that matter, no one would believe me and they would say they didn't see anything. The things I saw were figures of some sort. There was usually two of them, sometimes only one. But they were always in my house.

They were human shaped I guess. They weren't shadows so much as they were silhouettes. Oh yeah, and they were made of what looked like TV static but they didn't make a sound. No white noise, nothing. They would just stand there. They had arms and legs and a head but no features. No eyes, nose or mouth. No face at all. No hair on their heads, absolutely nothing. They stood together like a couple side by side.

They were really only in two spots I ever recall seeing them. 1) In the living room at the front door and 2) in the frame connecting the kitchen to the dining room. From what I could recall I assumed they were a man and a woman. I'll say that their figure or shape looked similar to a man and a woman.

I don't know what I saw or if I even ever saw it but I have talked about it to my parents and they remember me telling them about it when I was a kid. Anyways that's all I can really talk about.

Normally I wouldn't in a million years post my possibly insane psychotic experiences/stories but I had a very vivid dream last night about these things. But I know this isn't a dream site so I won't go into detail unless anyone reading asks me to.

Anyways thanks for taking the time to read this. Hopefully I'm not crazy and if you have had a similar experience with "static people" please let me know. I'd love to hear about it.

Other hauntings by Jawsh

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jawsh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

knight (1 posts)
 
4 weeks ago (2024-03-22)
I know I am late to this thread but I was just thinking about my encounter and searched to see if these entities existed for others, and apparently other people have experienced these entities and it just blows me away because it's the same description that I saw myself, which makes me feel like I'm less alone in it.

To describe my experience. I must have being very very young. Like not even 2 years old. Because the encounter was so strange it still stayed in my memory though.

Basically I had my own room and cot to sleep in. And when my parents turned the light out for me to go to bed. These static people that had snow white static that looked like off a old television channel when there was no reception, their body was sort of made of that, no features. Well unlike the others posted here they did pay attention to me, they raced into my room to crowd around me before I went to sleep. Several of them. I didn't like it and yelled out to my parents, they then turned the light on, said what's wrong, and I sort of expressed that there was someone in my room after me. But every time they left me to go to sleep, these things would appear and crowd around me again. I thought of them at the time as monsters because I really didn't know what it was.

When they got up close to me, I heard like static electricity going off something like thick cracking of electricity, and it's like they were trying to do something to my brain or figure something out with me. I don't know what they were trying to do, or why they were so focused on me, but they were concerned with something, like they were trying to figure something out with me maybe. Perhaps for some reason they could enter my world and that I could see them and maybe that was what the fuss was, but for whatever reason this only happened that time when I was trying to go to sleep one night in this specific house.

I have thought over the years if they changed me or did something to me to benefit them, or if they had some mission, or why it was they were drawn to me, if there was any meaning behind it or just a random paranormal event. Maybe they are from a parallel universe or world and are a different species or something. I don't actually feel like they were evil specifically, but they weren't exactly comforting when they were invading my room like that when I wanted to sleep, because for starters I didn't have the capacity to know that it was anything else than monsters. They didn't cause me pain or anything but they did choose this time where I was alone in the room before sleep. They went away when I called for my parents when they turned the light back on. But the way they rushed in to crowd me right after my parents went away and turned the light off, well that was sort of terrifying for my age. But it didn't seem like they were out to scare me or even harm me really, but it did seem like they had some interest or agenda in something to do with me. I just don't know what it was.

Another theory I have, is that maybe some time in my evolution I use to be one of them at a point, and that I crossed over into this form, and that they recognised me or wanted to learn more about how I did it or communicate with me or interact or study me in some way after finding out I use to be one of them. But that is only a theory, one of many possible theories about it, and I could be completely wrong about that.

Overall I just don't know, but I do think this goes beyond a random dream experience due to other people having seen them, and the fact they appeared before I even was asleep.

Just very, very, strange.
oheyitsmikeb (1 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-10-02)
Oh my god! I thought I was the only one who's experienced this... When I was young before I hit my teens between about 3-12 years old I saw these static people! Typically it would just be one at a time but I can recall a few times with multiple static folks. Never did they harm me or try to harm me or cause fear but they were there constantly! Often when I had to lay down to take a nap but wasn't yet asleep is when they liked to make themselves known... They would just casually walk around the house and do random things like ride the elyptical bike or just walk buy and do like workout activity or just go and sit on the couch just normal things that people would do everyday and they never bothered me or anything like that but they would just I don't know how to even describe it I mean it was 25-30 years ago but they had human form with no facial features... Full body and it was composed of what looked like static or snow on a television when there was a channel that you didn't get on cable or whatever just like literally static people that's the only way I can describe it... And they would just do whatever they pleased like they were living in a completely different universe or were like a total different species that couldn't see me and they were just going on with their daily tasks... So bizarre... I have seen them very rarely but on s few occasions later in life but nothing like when I was a child... Has anyone figured out what this could be yet?
lennonslovechild (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
Hey I just posted a story talking about the static I see, did you find out what it was exactly? I see it all the time in day time and night time. I'm so confused as to what it is that I'm seeing...
Jawsh (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-22)
babygoatpuller,

I don't think I created fake memories either but I didn't want to rule out any possibilities too soon. I wanted to take my more "rational" thoughts into account. As for it being residual energy, which I know very little about, it could totally be a possibility. And you're right I didn't completely forget about them, that was a bit exaggerated but they weren't on my priority list of things to worry about which is why I said I forgot about them. I didn't forget, I just buried the memory.

Anyways thanks for your input I really do appreciate it. I'll post more if I remember anything else or if I discover something new.
Jawsh (2 stories) (14 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-22)
Biblio,

Thanks for the comment. I've never heard of Charles Bonnet Syndrome until now. That's actually really interesting. I'm not sure if I would have it though because I don't see these figures anymore. I only saw them as a child but I don't know much about CBS to make the assumption that I don't have it. Anything is possible.

If I do end up finding more about these things I'll definitely update this story. Thanks for giving this a read and thanks again for commenting.
Jawsh (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-22)
Trischa_D,

To answer your questions, I was never fearful when seeing them. And I never felt threatened by them. They were just kind of there. They never did anything to make me feel threatened, hell they never did anything but stand there. There were never any hand motions or gestures (aside from in the dream). They stood still as statues.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
I don't think you created fake memories Jawsh, nor do I think insanity has anything to do with it. It could possibly be the doctor and his wife and/or nurse you saw. From what you described about them always being in just two locations and just standing there, it could be just residual energy which is why they looked like the television static.

You obviously didn't "completely" forget about them which is why they popped up in your dream. You didn't feel any fear in the dream, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Thanks for sharing.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
Jawsh,

Your narrative reminded me of a psych class, so I looked up "Charles Bonnet Syndrome" (CBS), which is a visual disorder. However, those with CBS usually perceive greater detail in their hallucinations than they do in everyday life. For what little this is worth, I don't think you're losing your mind.*

Whatever you saw wasn't trying to hide, nor does it seem to have ill intent. For once, I really don't have a suggestion that I haven't ruled out. However, if you do find out more, please tell us, as this is fascinating!

Take care,
-Biblio.

*It was discussed in psychology because people with CBS wouldn't tell anyone in case it was a mental disorder. They knew they didn't belong in asylums, and the hallucinations were identifiable as separate from 'reality'...
Trischa_D (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
I've heard about something similar to this. My mom told me awhile back that she saw an outline of a person in her livingroom one night and it seemed to notice her, too. But instead of "static" she said the outline looked kind of like outer space or a black shadow with "stars" in it as if you were looking at the night sky. She said it didn't frighten her and she actually thought it was kind of neat in a weird way. She has only seen it that one time that I know of- but I'm interested to know what kind of spirits these things are. Were you afraid when you saw these "static" spirits? Did they make you feel threatened at all?
Jawsh (2 stories) (14 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
To Mace,

I'm glad that we can relate with similar experiences. It's definitely reassuring knowing that other people have similar stories. Thanks for the comment and thanks for sharing some of your experience with me. I look forward to reading your story if you do decide to post it.
Jawsh (2 stories) (14 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
Hey Tweed,

Thanks for the feedback, it is very much appreciated. I'll definitely try the searching tips you mentioned. It's always good to find stories to relate to.

To answer your questions, I have not interacted with them and they were adult size from what I can remember.

As for the dreams. I had completely forgot about these things until about a week or two ago. Anyway, the dream was weird for me because typically my dreams are in third-person sorta. But the dream I had was in first-person which is uncommon for me. I assume it was me as a child because I was very short in my dream.
In the dream I came out of my bedroom into my living room where I was met by two of the figures and they just stood there. I wasn't scared in the dream I just didn't know what to do so I tried to walk away and then they motioned me to come toward them. One of them had an outward stretched arm as if they wanted me to take their hand and go with them somewhere. So I did and the second I grabbed their hand I woke up.

It wasn't a bad dream, just a strange one involving thoughts I had buried deep in my mind.

I could talk about dreams and other things that are kind of strange or things I couldn't explain that I have experienced, but they wouldn't fall under the "Ghost Story" category. Anyways, thanks for the comment and thanks for giving my story a read.
Mace (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-19)
I don't think you're crazy at all! I had an experience similar to this when I was around 7, in fact I was thinking of posting that story later on this week. I know exactly what you mean when you say static! The one I saw was made completely of static, in a human shape, it looked like a man wearing a hat and pushing a wheelbarrow. The only thing that was different about what I saw is it appeared to have a multi colored static "outline". I wonder why these spirits manifest like that?
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-19)
Hi Jawsh,

If you haven't already, have a read through this site, you can use the search bar to find stories or search by category. This may give you some similar experiences to your own.
Your story isn't far removed from probably half the stories on here. It doesn't make you 'crazy' in the slightest. I've never heard of static people, as you describe. But there are many things I've learned here which are seen by multiple people. I've had a few 'what the heck' moments on here with some stories which mimicked things that I thought I'd imagined as a child. Which is why I suggest you use the search bar and category tools. There's every chance what you saw was real.
Did you ever try to interact with them, also how tall were they? Adult height or child height?

I am also interested in hearing about the dreams you had.

Thanks for sharing, the more we share our experiences the more we learn to tell real from imagined.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: