You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Static Voice

Real Ghost Stories

Static Voice

 

It's been a few years since I have posted anything. I am currently living in a one bedroom with my two sons and husband. A few things have happened, but the one I would like to discuss is about this voice my husband and I heard a few times.

When we first moved into our apartment, I was still pregnant with my youngest and was taking a nap with my oldest child. I was almost asleep lying on my side when suddenly I heard a female British voice say my name in my ear. It sounded like it was coming through a radio full of static. It startled me awake so I went to go tell my husband.

That's when he looked at me all surprised and told me that while I was napping and he was playing his games he heard behind him a female British voice, also with static say "The end to all wars is..." He thought at first that I was coming up behind him with a video playing. But nobody was there. Then he thought maybe it came from his game but when he went back it didn't do it again.

Fast forward to about a year and a half later, which was a few days ago. He was dressing our oldest son for bed when he asked him if he was sure about something, and clear as day he heard the same voice say "I'm sure." He called out for me to make sure I didn't say anything which I didn't. My husband also claims to see the tail end of a white dress go around corners several times.

Any thoughts on this is appreciated. My husband jokes why she didn't tell us the answer to end all wars. At least she has one of my favorite accents!

Other hauntings by Amp21190

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Amp21190, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Amp21190 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-20)
C2C thanks for finding my stories interesting. I still have more. Things have happened all throughout my life. It could be attached to my husband. It has talked to him more and he has seen more visual things in this house. Hes seen lady apparitions for awhile now. I'm going to try and post more incidents up. Let me know what you think!
C2C (3 stories) (62 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-18)
I've read about experiences like you and your husband's many times. I believe in parallel dimensions, but aside from that, I think residual energies may explain the radio broadcasts. I don't know anything about radio waves and frequencies, but it seems possible that they can be pushed off their intended frequencies, perhaps by nuclear events, and then reappear years later. I guess science gurus or sound engineers might know more about the possibility or impossibility of that.

Maybe it was a real ghost who has ties to your husband. I say that because of his seeing the white gown going around the corners. It apparently would be attached to someone in the family rather than a place, since you've lived in different places when the events occurred.

You wrote some pretty neat stories and I'm glad that though they were startling, they weren't real scary experiences for you and your family.
Amp21190 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-01)
We didn't check anything I mean I was in a quiet room without any electronics in it really. Everything is in the living room. I was almost asleep with the fan on and I heard it right next to my ear like they were leaning over me. Plus it said my name. It was a female voice. I'm the only female that lives here. And when my husband heard it. He was in the living room and it was coming up behind as if it were walking towards him. Which is why he thought it was me coming with a video on my phone. He thought it was in his game but he redid the same scene and it didn't do it again. When my husband heard it recently it was beyond the closed door to the bedroom. Plus he sees the tip of a white dress going around corners. Which reminds me that when I was 11, I was at school and my mom sees the same thing. The tail of a white dress going into my room. I need to write down more stories that have happened before this comment gets too long! It could be some different Soundwave that we don't usually tune in to.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-29)
hmm, seems there's something in this static phenomenon. Interesting how everyone hears it with someone else too.

Wish Not, the 'plastic bag' sounded different to the static, like separate. Just as if someone was taking something out of a shopping bag while a transistor radio was picking up a signal. But just because they sounded separate from each other doesn't mean they're not linked. I'm starting to think they are. 😕
I read your 'Ever Since' encounters and know what you mean about the Vodka plastic (actually I don't drink so I have no idea!😆) But I get what you mean, it's like *that* sound in the room when there's nothing there to make the sound. 😕

Amp and Argette, did you guys do what we did and check the computers, modem, and other fiddly things to try and explain it? Lol We did, more concerned with the static voice belonging to neighbours, being transmitted through wireless what have yous lol. But there was just no way any of that was possible. We're always more worried about physical people than ghosts lol.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-29)
As I have been reading everyone's comments I can't help but remember a part of a story I wrote about what we "interpreted" as a crackling sound. Could have this have been the static that others are writing about? It's on the end of "Ever Since". Several nights we were woken up with this sound coming from the foot of the bed. We were never able to explain it. I'm thinking maybe they are similar or somehow related. Just curious.
Argette (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-29)
About a year ago when we were doing some renovations, my husband and I both heard what sounded like a 1940s-era radio broadcast. No radio was on at the time. There was lots of static.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-29)
Amp, the voice thing happens to my husband more than it does me. When it sounded all static like it said 'hello?... Hello?' But directly before that I heard an odd rustling sound like a bag or something, then static, then a couple knocks on a cabinet it seemed like, then 'hello'. I flippin bolted out of the room when I heard knock, knock 'hello'! Before that, I figured the bag was a cat outside in our bins.
It sounded like it was from an old transistor radio.

Don't suppose you've heard any 'bag' like sounds around yours? There was a submission on here a few weeks back about a plastic bag noise which took me back to that 'hello' night. Taken a bit of an interest in this ever since.
Amp21190 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-28)
Hey Tweed,
I am also glad to hear we are not the only ones. It's not the only paranormal experience I have had so I don't feel like I was hearing things or that my husband was either. Not sure why we would hear the same thing if it weren't real anyway! It could be someone trying to communicate. What did the voice say to you?
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-28)
Hi there Amp,

We've encountered the same thing with a different sounding voice. A few times without static to start with, then last year we heard it through a static kind of filter. No idea what it means. Confusion all round. It's cool you both hear it too. Maybe the static is the sound of whoever's voice breaking through the physical dimension or some such.

Thanks for sharing, glad there are others out there who've heard a static type voice. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: