You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Shadow Man With The Glowing Eyes

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow Man With The Glowing Eyes

 

This is something I will never in my life forget, I guess it's because it was so intense. I was about 15 my dad had rented the basement of a family friend's house temporarily in Kew Gardens Queens, NY.

The whole block was mainly full of buildings except for that one old looking creepy house. Not too creepy, just very old. We didn't stay long so once my dad found us an apartment the family upstairs would show people the basement to rent when me and dad weren't there...

One night we came home to all the lights off (we never leave all the lights off, so we knew it was the family upstairs that had shown the basement to someone and turned them off once they all left). But to be certain my father stood by the door calling them upstairs to ask.

As he was doing that I walked into the living room, turned the light on, then walked a small hallway into the dark kitchen but before I could get in the kitchen there he was (Now I'm going to try to describe this the best I can). He was very tall and thin, his arms were long and I could see his clothes. He had a plaid button down shirt red and black with very tight jeans pretty high up his waist. But his skin was dark as if he was a solid shadow with clothes. The best part, it seemed like he had glowing eyes which was what scared the life out of me.

He could see me and as I froze for maybe 2 seconds it felt like forever but somehow we both tilted our heads at the same time like saying oh who's that. Once I saw him move, I ran to my father who was in the living room. So he rushed to the kitchen and said there is no one there. That's when I broke down and cried like a baby. There was no way to get out of there without passing me and my dad. I am now 25 and I can still perfectly picture him.

Maybe 4 years after we left, someone that lived upstairs in that house tragically passed of a heart attack in that same house. I guess now more spirits will wander that old creepy house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ClaudiaStarsz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-24)
Claudia, thanks for getting back to me, that is awesome stuff!

Man I'd love to know what they're doing when people find them in their home!
I sort of hope to see one, one day. But also hope not to see one based on the fear everyone describes. Either way they're a very intriguing entity.
ClaudiaStarsz (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-24)
Well Tweed it looked as if he had flash lights in his eyes... It was a bright glow very amazing... And yea his clothes were so clear to me. Pretty awesome stuff:)
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
Hi Claudia,

This type of entity is called a shadow person, there are heaps of stories around here featuring them. This is the first time I've heard of their clothes being seen in such detail. Very intriguing! I'm curious to know what colour his eyes were?

There is a theory that some ghosts who manifest do so as a shadow appearance, perhaps as a 'low energy' option for interacting with the physical realm. I feel this is very likely.
That said I feel that these tall, lanky, glowing eyes, dark shadow people, which many describe seeing, are a separate entity all on their own. They don't seem to mind being seen by us and pretty much scare the crap out of anyone who crosses paths with them.
Trischa_D (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
I've heard of shadow people before but never of any wearing clothes so that's a first! That must have been super scary. They say that shadow people are spies for demons when they can't be physically present in a certain place. They say that the demons look through the eyes of shadow people to watch and observe their targets. A shadow person with clothes could be a different story though! Anyway, thanks for sharing ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: