You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Ghostly Fingerprints On Shoulders

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Fingerprints On Shoulders

 

This incident did not happened with me, but my husband - Rajat, some 5 years before. We were at our ancestral house, in Jodhpur, India. We stay in Bangalore for our work purpose, but since my husband's eldest maternal uncle passed away, so visited them.

Things were passing in a slow sad manner. Uncle was a retired Indian Government Official, and fully disciplined. He used to love my husband like his own son, even Rajat bore a connection with him. He was a man of dignity and superior stature, was to get up by 5 AM in morning daily, go for morning walks and wear perfect white cloths.

After 3-4 days of his death, Rajat started sleeping on his uncles's bed since there were other people who visited and had to adjust in the same home. It happened one early morning, that Rajat woke up startled and while asked he said that he felt someone tapped him hard on his temple to wake him up. It was a bit shocking and confusing also for me, since I always put some logic before such incidents. I thought may be he was just dreaming. Moreover, when you visit a death person's house recently, you get that spooky feeling always.

It, however, gave me a shock when I found that same day, five big finger impressions on Rajat's shoulders. I showed it to other family members and they all were scared. My mother-in-law concluded that mostly that Uncle who died, his soul might have visited, and it was he who tried to wake Rajat. By observing the fingerprint on my husband's shoulder, my logic didn't actually work.

Till now I am not very sure how or with what scientific reason it can happen or is it really the dead comes within 13 days of death (as believed in Hinduism, India). I have no explanation for that!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Omen666, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Somewhatsceptic (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-12)
yes I agree with broken tree, logic has very little say in things such as these, the chance that your cultural belief theory seems to hold some weight however, perhaps your husbands uncle was coming back to help a grieving son figure?
Sakie (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-12)
If only paranormal had the least bit to do with logic! This world is far from logic and anything near logic. I think the bond between your husband and his deceased uncle is to be blamed here. I hope your hubby is doing fine now and ain't facing any such issues any more!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-22)
Hi Omen666, welcome to YGS. Your name, I like it. Coming to the experience of your husband, I go with BrokenTree. The logic doesn't work as far as paranormal is concerned sometimes. Many times, we would be confused if it is logic and rational that should suit a particular encounter or it could be attributed to paranormal experience. But we should have open mind. I agree with you that when we stay in the house, where a person has died recently, spooky feelings do occur. Still I hope that your uncle has visited your husband as he was considering Rajat as his own son. Do you remember the time of the incident? Perhaps he might have reminded him that it was the time that he used to wake up and when he saw Rajat sleeping when he used to wake up at 5 in the morning, he might have just made him wake up. But, my experience is that loved ones come back to visit even after their passing on. Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
I would say that logic is out the window and cultural belief systems is the winner. Don't dwell on it too much since your husband wasn't really hurt and his uncle was beloved. He should consider himself special in the heart of his uncle.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: