You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Pull On My Hair And Tapping On My Shoulder

Real Ghost Stories

A Pull On My Hair And Tapping On My Shoulder

 

I live in the suburbs of Detroit, Michigan in a well-populated city. My house was built in the 1950's; it's a one level home with a basement and a small attic. I am the only one that as had strange things happen to that I know of in my house. I live with my one brother, mother and father. We have a lot of animals, two cats and one dog, and a few caged animals.

Things seem to wake me at night. I need noise to block out no noise, so I sleep with a TV on low most nights unless someone has a TV on in a different room. Well about a month ago I was sleeping in my room with the light off door closed and TV on low. I was lying on my side in a tucked like a ball when I was suddenly woken up by the feeling of my hair being pulled. I looked around to see if any one was in my room or an animal was around that could have stepped on it while I was sleeping, nothing. This really did freak me out.

Well just last night, another strange feeling awaked me. I was sleeping again the same way. I had the door closed, and I really don't normally close the door because I have animals that come in and out. Last night my brother was bothering me so I had closed the door. I had the light off and the TV on low like normal. I was tucked in like a ball lying on my side again. This time I woke up to something tapping my on the shoulder. This was a hard tap, which gave me almost a burst of energy at the moment it happened. I woke up immediately and looked around to see if my brother was in my room or any one. Well no one was there, and no animal was there. This was at about 2:30 am. I was freaked and couldn't sleep for a little while.

I had told my mother about this just today and she said that something might have been trying to wake me up, for a reason. Now I wouldn't know the reason, but maybe she's right.

What do you think?

I mean I wish it wouldn't happen because I'm just trying to get some sleep. I could see me waking up if there was something like what I felt happening in my dream, but there was nothing like that.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, neverfear360, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DearSydney (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
I was thinking the same thing as youngdz79. Maybe they were trying to wake you up in order to prevent something bad from happening. Believer4sure, I never thought of that, that's crazy. But anyway, thanks for sharing your story!
Believer4Sure (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
maybe it was a friends passed loved one or one of your loved ones trying to tell you themselves before anyone else told you. Just a thought
*=Believer4Sure=*
youngdz79 (6 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-29)
neverfear360 how close to the D are you I have noticed the closer you are to all that negative energy there seems to be more activity, I live in Ypsi just outside A2 and we get some of that negative energy (according to my friend who is practicing wicca). Another theory is that the spirit was trying to protect you from something either physically harming you or in your dream. Just My Opinion
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-27)
Burst of energy from the entity or from fear? If you do have something annoying you talk to it like you would any other person and ask to be let alone. This is your room and your rules. Take back your space. I also believe in telling it to go to the Light where loved ones are waiting to welcome them. I think spirits get caught inbetween worlds because they are afraid to move forward.
shellybelly (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-27)
Great story but if you really don't want that to happen anymore then light a white candle in your room and see if that helps. Good luck!

Thank ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: