You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Tap On The Shoulder

Real Ghost Stories

A Tap On The Shoulder

 

Wednesday, November 7, 2003.

At one time while in the Freedom Mausoleum, I noted that the sun was going down and the cemetery would close soon, so I made my way back up the stairs to the main floor and walked down the corridor to the exit. Just as I was about to cross the threshold, I became aware of a feeling that I had forgotten something. I turned around and went back inside and down the stairs again. I had no idea where I was going. I just followed the feeling down the corridor, which now had taken on a surreal quality.

I followed the corridor down to the end and looked left and then right. I turned right and found myself in a columbarium area (where urns are interred). I found myself looking at a wall of names of people that I didn't know. Then, I got what I can only call the mental equivalent of a tap on the shoulder. I turned around and found myself face to face with the grave of an old online friend named Denis. He was what you would call a Celebrity Grave Hunter. The last time he was there, he was chased out of the Freedom Mausoleum by a Security Guard.

The irony? Denis chose to leave us on August 14, 2000. Now he is there forever. When I heard of his passing, I was very hurt and angry. Now, he was reaching out to me. I reached out and touched to cool stone covering of the niche and wished him Peace as well as thanking him for guiding me. When I left, this time, I felt a feeling of peace come over me and since I suffer from Depression, like Denis did, I felt that in a way, I had found peace with a part of myself.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ghoster2K, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-27)
Hello Ghoster2K, welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your experience. May be he wanted you to know that his grave was there and that may be, he wanted you to wish him peace and bid good bye. Great experience of love.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-26)
Ghoster2K, that was a great story! I'm glad you were able to receive his message.
Take care, DandK
Calamity (2 stories) (53 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-24)
Great things can happen when we take time to open up and listen. Thank you for reminding me of this!

Jane
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-24)
Wow! For such a short and to the point account, this was pretty impactful Ghoster. I hate those "what am I forgetting" moments. Glad you acted on yours and found such a positive result.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to YGS! Hope to hear more from you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: