You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Just Behind My Shoulder

Real Ghost Stories

Just Behind My Shoulder

 

I don't remember exactly when my story took place. However, it happened in our old apartment in East of Sweden. We moved from that apartment when my brother was 4, so I was younger than 11 then. I'd imagine about 9.

To paint a scenario for you, it was just like any normal evening, and since I'm so fond of composing stuff, I was writing by my desk. Not once did I look back, why would I anyway? Why and how could anyone be behind me, if you understand what I mean? I got bored of writing after a while. I can't tell if it was warm or cold in the room, since this was so long ago. I got up from my quite comfy chair and took a step back, to push in my chair, just like I usually do. Then, I swear, it felt like I bumped into someone's back. You know when two people with their backs against each other collide? That's what I felt. It was just plain reflex to look back then, even if it was impossible for anyone to sneak in unnoticed. My desk was, after all, just next to the door. When I looked back, to my horror, there was nothing or no one there. I remember it terrified me a lot. Who wouldn't react that way?

I don't want to hear again that I imagined it, because I know what I felt, and I swear, I bumped into someone.

If you have any comments regarding this, let me know.

Other hauntings by SeseAlice

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SeseAlice, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ishkabibble (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Whoever was behind you probably just wanted to see what you were writing. If he was ever with you before, maybe he just wanted to see how much progress you were making or he just really likes your stories.
ishkabibble (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Wow. I know for a fact that it wasn't your imagination. I don't think you can feel with your imagination. I would just lose it right there, because I'm kind of a sissy.
SeseAlice (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
Easy: I don't think it wanted to harm me either, perhaps it was just curious? I believe I was scared when I bumped into it, but it never freaked me out more.
indig0c0gnito (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-11)
I did this exact same thing, just this week. My house is very old, (by US standards), and I 'felt' somebody at my elbow while I was surfing the i~net & so I thought/assumed that it was my 3 year old grandson; still up late. Wrong! When I turned to ask why he was wandering around the house at this late hour= there was NOBODY there! And my grandson was fast asleep in his room! I don't believe that 'they' were evil, just curious... 😊
Easy (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-10)
There's ALWAYS someone/something around us. We just don't see them or feel them...well,most of the time. But they see us, and many love to watch us.Why?I don't know. The majority are harmless non solid and invisible spirits that don't stay in one location for too long. Then again, we sometimes come across things that we see, hear and they can look/feel solid, so yeah I believe you did bump into something.

That thing had to come into your apartment somehow right? I think it wasn't solid all the time.Sooooo,my best guess would be a demon, or an unknown being from a parallel universe (alien of some sort so to say).
I don't think it wanted to do you any harm... Or you were just lucky... I don't know.

But what you can be completely sure of is that there's always someone watching, and I'm not talking about God.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: