You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Being Watched By The Shadow Man

Real Ghost Stories

Being Watched By The Shadow Man

 

In my house I have seen and felt several spirits; however, there is one spirit that likes to make himself known. I believe he is an intelligent spirit and knows that I am able to see him. I have never tried to communicate as I am too scared for a response, but at the same time I feel that I should.

My house is quite old, it was built in the early 1900s. I don't know the history of the house or whether anything has happened at the property, but I get a sense of an angry man who wants to scare me and my family.

The first time I witnessed him was about 2 years after we moved in, I was changing into my dressing gown in my bedroom because I was getting ready for a bath. Behind me I had left my wardrobe door open (it is like a cupboard) and when I turned around to put my clothes back, I saw a dark shadow with no features standing there, then it slowly moved into the wall until he was gone. I searched my wardrobe to find nothing. Although it had no features I had a strong feeling that this spirit was a man and potentially harmful.

I never told my mum until a few weeks later, and to my surprise she had seen the same shadow downstairs in the hallway. She told me occasionally at night she would walk past the hallway door, and from the kitchen she could see a dark shadow. She said she felt that it was a man too. Although she doesn't think that this spirit is here to harm but rather just to make his presence known.

I began to forget everything that had happened, nothing out of the ordinary happened over the next year and I felt safe in my house. This was about until 6 months ago. If I ever went downstairs in the night I would get an uncomfortable feeling, as if something was watching me from behind. Nothing was there but I felt a presence. However it was never in the kitchen, dining room or living room. But always in the hallway. It sounds like a coincidence, but that's what I felt.

A few weeks ago I was downstairs watching a TV program waiting for my mum to come home. Even though the TV was on quite loudly, I could hear clanking of metal from the hallway, as if someone was running their finger along the metal radiator. Every time I checked the noise would stop and nothing would be there, I would go to sit back down and two minutes later the noise would start again. This happened multiple times that night. That's when I made the link of the corridor and the man my mum spoke about the year before.

This part is a bit controversial but to me it means a lot. While I sleep I dream about being asleep in my room then waking up to a feeling someone is watching me. And in the dream someone is. It is the shadow man standing in the corner of my room near the door. But this time there are red eyes. I then wake up for real to the same feeling but this time nothing is there. I do feel that my dreams are what is happening in real life.

I feel like I am being watched all the time by this man and I'm not sure what to make of it all.

Thanks for reading and don't forget to comment.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, missmeggelizabeth, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Awake1111 (18 posts)
-2
6 years ago (2018-08-26)
Ive had the exact same thing but I know who they are exactly bc I have literally been taken by them it sounds crazy but its real. The shadow people are not people they are not demons but they are extraterrestrials. I would know this bc 1 I have been seeing these shadows since a child even having my mother as a witness and 2 I have meet them and got to see what they REALLY ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE. Spiritually they appear as shadows but in physical form they are the greys. They look like this👽 they wear black jumpsuits and tend to come either in 1 or 3. They are not evil they are here to simply study and observe us humans and the best way to do that is from a dimension most don't see. They will have a very strong presence. Many people mistake them as demons bc of how similar looking but demons are SOLID BLACK and smell like rotten eggs but the shadow beings are dark yet see through and glide into the walls when spotted. They like to watch you as youre sleeping bc they are tapping into your subconscious mind. They will make you have an outa body experience. Many people are afraid of outa body experiences bc of the paralysis and the vibrations and pressure but it is normal that is the process of leaving your body. I started seeing a shadow not over 3 ft tall when I was young then the 5ft shadow came in my life well if you do research the greys average heights are 3ft and 5ft. The 3ft ones are robotic and the 5ft ones are part biological and have a soul. You very well could have and still be getting abducted and not remember a thing. Hope this helps. I see them every day
missmeggelizabeth (1 stories) (8 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Hi jaylou, yes I completely understand. The hallway is part of the old house while the kitchen from a certain point is all new. I do think believe in ghosts only walking the route of their old surroundings.

Hi mustafa and zulugirl. No I won't communicate with this spirit, but I do feel an urge to like its trying to get my attention in any way... 😕
ZulaGirl (50 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-04)
You know how POWs will come back from war but there may be a piece of them that never leaves the place they were held? Or soldiers who leave a piece of themselves on the battlefield and may never be able to feel whole or function as well in society again?

The death state is like this, but all-consuming. The consciousness no longer has any distinction from the trauma of the death of the corporeal body. I guess it might be like having an out-of-body dreamscape nightmare that rolls on without any beginning or end, irrespective of time.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-29)
ZulaGirl - I'm curious. What do you mean by "stuck in their death state?" 😕
ZulaGirl (50 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-29)
Jaylou, That makes a lot of sense. Ghosts are manifestations of an unsettled subconscious (one that was released from its body, but not the world). Our actions are limited by our perceptions. Surely the same could go for ghosts, especially since most are stuck in their death state. Great point!
Jaylou (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-15)
I know this is abit late and I don't know if its true but I read once before that if someone dies in any kind of building and their spirit remains, then they are limited only within the walls of where they died. So like if they died in a house where you now live, but when they died it was a different building which later got demolished and your house built in its place, then that's why they appear to walk through walls and are only limited to certain areas... For you your hallway. Where your walls are, they probably didn't have walls in the same place. So your walls don't obstruct them. And where your living room and kitchen are... Was probably located outside of the building they onced lived in. Therefore they cannot enter because they are limited within the walls of where they died. Someone please tell me if this makes sence?
ZulaGirl (50 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-15)
Your dreams are telling you something. This entity is trying to take over. Do not try to communicate with it.
mustafa (9 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-11)
Hi it's a little bit scary story, because that is exactly how I used to feel when I was a child, i was always feeling like someone is watching me, I couldn't stay alone or go to the bathroom at night by myself, someone always has stay and wait for me before I finish using the bathroom, I used to have nightmares and sleep paralysis almost weekly, sometimes I even used to hear someone calling my name, one of my biggest fear was to be alone at night in the house, one evening the whole family went outside, evening and suddenly I found myself alone in the house, the TV was on, the feeling of loneliness sat in, I started to feel like someone is watching, I was looking over my shoulder and expecting that I will see a djinn because that what we call them here at any moment now, I felt like they were watching tv with me, the hair of my neck was up, and I could sense that the feeling was coming from one side of the room, but I always used to say: I seek the refuge of God from the outcast Satan, everyone memorize that here, it one of the first things that children learn, but only later when I got I little older that I started to see shadow people, which that what I think you are seeing now, they are called shadow people, you can read about them here, or in Wikipedia if you want, there is a whole site dedicated to their stories on line called,shadowpoeple.org,I don't want to fill your head with details, since you are young, but I can advise to pray if you ever felt something when you are alone, here we have simple words that we say in order to ward off bad spirits, bismi allahi alrahmani alrahim, it means:by the name of God, the most compassionate, the most merciful,that's it that what it means, by the name of God the most compassionate the most merciful, all children memorize by heart, sometimes we only say the first part, by the name of God when we want to enter our homes so that no evil spirits would follow us when we get home, or in our room, finally I want to say to never to communicate with them, they are evil, imagine yourself talking to a bad man,it's the same principle, if you also try to talk with your mother about smudging your home with sage, especially that hallway that you have, just smoke the whole house, I think it will work for you,i'm sure with time you won't feel scared as you do now, I hope it will work for you, thank you
missmeggelizabeth (1 stories) (8 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
I feel now since I've started to witness this being, that I can't be alone in the house for too long. A few hours at most but I can't be a home alone over night or for a weekend. So I spend nights at friends instead of having to be alone. I guess eventually I will get used to it but right now it feels a bit strange 😕 thanks losangelesgirl!
LosAngelesGirl (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-09)
Hi Miss!
I am on the same boat as you when it comes to even thinking about communicating with what is in my house. I've had many experiences in my house and the last thing I need is a ghost/spirit or something trying to talk to me when I'm trying to sleep. I've lived in my house all my life and my room has always been creepy since I can remember, I guess you just kind of get used to it after a while. Great story though 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: